Chapter 82: TEA AMIDST TERRIBLE TROUBLE

The scene shows Ruby running through the forest area of the Paper Acre. She then stops by a tree to catch her breath. She sits down at the base of the trunk with her head to her knees and her arms folded. Little pops out from her hood. They run out onto her arm.

Little: Ruby? Ruby?

Ruby finally raises her head.

Little: (hopping onto Ruby's knee) What are you doing? Why did you shout at everyone like that?

Ruby doesn't say anything, simply sighing. She looks at her surroundings.

Ruby: Where... am I?

Little: It's okay! I can guide us back. You shouldn't run off though. You all need to stick together if you wanna go home.

Ruby: (sighs) Why are you still here?

Ruby folds her arms again, and her face has a scowling expression. Little grows concerned.

Little: Uh... what? I promised.

Ruby: I promised to serve Atlas as a Huntress... That I'd keep people safe... That I'd be there for my friends...

Little: But, we can go back and--

Ruby: No!

Ruby stands up and Little hops off her knee to the ground.

Ruby: You don't know what I've done. What I couldn't do! I can't do this! (punches the tree trunk) I could never do this... If you stay with me, you're going to end up dead too... Just. Go. Home...

Little: But you're--

Ruby: I said GO!

Little yelps and quickly crawls away from Ruby. Little watches Ruby marches away, their ears flop down in sadness.

*DANTE*

Back in Remnant, Dante, Bayonetta, and Onix were flying a plane to an island called Thule. It took Enzo a while, but he managed to get a lead that could take them to both Dark World and Ever After. According to legend, the Witches and Sages created a sacred island to study and traverse other dimensions. When they went extinct, the island was lost. However, they managed to find old records of the island's location, and with not many other leads to go on, they decided to follow through and see where it would lead.

Onix: I must admit, it's impressive for your magic to be able to fly a plane without actually flying it. Although, do try not to kill us.

Bayonetta: Relax, this isn't the first time I've flown a plane. Plus, Enzo's done it before, and he survived.

Dante: (with a magazine on his head) Miraculously.

The flight was going smoothly, until they see Fallen Angels approaching them. They began ripping apart the plane, forcing the three to jump out and escape. They fall through the sky and began fighting the Fallen. They slash and shot everything as they get closer and closer to the ground, when Dante spins in the air and fires his guns to slow down the momentum, Bayonetta sprouts a pair of butterfly wings, and Onix brings out his shield and used it to impact the ground.

Dante: Another happy landing. You good, Onix?

Onix: (stands up) I'm fine. Come. We must find the source of the island.

Their objective was in mind and they began traversing. More enemies spawned in that forced them to fight. This went on for about half an hour until they came to some ancient ruins where they saw strange portals in the sky.

Dante: What the hell is this?

Bayonetta: According to Enzo's intel, gateways to various worlds. The Lumens were always messing with things they weren't supposed to. All in the name of the "great creator."