Chapter 1: MEET AND GREET

The story starts on a bullhead where Dean Redgrave is leaning against the wall. After the attack a couple of days ago, Ozpin and Goodwitch came to him and offered him a place at Beacon. At first, he wasn't sure, but after some talking with the rest of the gang, he accepted. He then notices a teen nearby that had an unreadable expression on him. Deciding to socialize, he walks over.

Dean: you look like you're bored.

Vali:...

Dean: silent treatment, huh. (Smirks) it's cool, I do the same thing, too. Though, you definitely look like the kind of guy that would want to throw a party. No food, no drinks, and the only babe would've left.

Vali: (looks at him) you're awfully chatty to someone you've never met. (Narrows his eyes) though, you're carrying an unusual amount of power. The kind only I would carry.

Dean: guess I do. I like you. What's your name?

Vali: Vali. And you are?

Dean: call me Dean.

Then, a hologram of Professor Goodwitch appeared in the middle of the ship.

Glynda: hello, and welcome to Beacon! My name is Glynda Goodwitch. You are among a privilege few who have received the honor of being selected to attend this prestigious academy. Our world is experiencing an incredible time of peace, and as future Huntsmen and Huntresses, it is your duty to uphold it. You have demonstrated the courage needed for such a task, and now it is our turn to provide you with the knowledge and the training to protect our world.

The hologram fades and Beacon comes to view. Everyone comes to view and was amazed to see the beauty.

Dean: wow! I've seen some interesting places, but this is lovely.

Vali: yes. I do admit, it is quite a sight.

The two then look at each other again, and couldn't help but feel like they've met somewhere before. Before they could ask the other, the ship landed. Outside, they saw a large building that looked like a castle. This was Beacon Academy at its finest. Everyone was exiting and Dean and Vali walked side by side.

Dean: nice! I can get use to a place like this.

Vali: it's not a vacation.

Dean: I know. Just, never seen that many places like this before. My family rarely takes me out.

Vali: you too? Mine's barely kept me in one place.

???: you two sound like you have family problems.

The two turn to see Nikki Tanaka making her way towards them. They were also curious to see her bird on her shoulder.

Nikki: mine generally just puts me in challenges and puts me with weird partners.

Dean: that sounds odd miss...

Nikki: I'm Nikki. The bird on my shoulder's Karasu.

Vali: I'm Vali. (Gestures to Dean) this idiot's Dean.

Dean: sup?

Nikki: (looks at the two) are you two related in some way?

Dean: not sure. Just met today. Who knows, though, we might get to know each other if we get on a team together with a fourth person.

Karasu: what's that? What did you say, four? (Furious) no it can't be four! Say eight, damnit! Eight is better!

Dean and Vali: (confused expressions) huh?

Nikki: (face palms) not again.

Karasu: it's physically impossible to cut the number four in half and have it be perfectly symmetrical! It has to be eight instead! Eight cuts vertically or horizontally remains perfectly symmetrical! (In a begging position on the ground) take it back. I beg of you. Just say eight.