Chapter 49: SEEING RED

Picking up where we left off, the scene shows the mech trying to not only swipe at the airship, but Dean's dance/fighting. She was getting agitated at the fact she can't hit him, and he's easily blocking her attacks as well.

Dean: you're not going so good. Would it help you actually come out and fight? Or is Atlas too mighty for the likes of this?

Cordovin: you dare mock Atlas!

Dean: I mock, I'm a mocker.

Vali: you really are in one of the most stupidest ways possible.

Oscar: (coms) guys, are you okay?

Ruby: are we okay?!

Oscar: I know, we were supposed to lay low, but listen! I think I finally found a weakness!

Nora: well, we're all ears.

Oscar: the cylinder on Cordo's cannon rotates and locks in a giant Dust cartridge every time she changes attack styles.

Weiss: we noticed.

Oscar: right, but her missile launcher doesn't lock in, it pops out! Without her shields, one well-placed shot could detonate the missiles while they're still in the launcher!

Jaune: we could destroy the entire cannon... Oscar, that's brilliant!

Nora: can you... make that kind of shot?

Ruby: We'll only get one chance before she catches on. We'd have to be practically staring down the barrel of her cannon.

Maria: well, I've got a way to guarantee that.

Ruby: Dean, keep distracting her until we give the signal.

Dean: (flips) you got it. (Yells) my lord, you're looking like you're getting your ass handed to ya. Wound it help if I do the Macarena for ya?

Cordovin: shut up you insect!

As she still tries to hit him and fails more and more, Ruby hops into the airship and heads off to do her part. The others watch the airship heading towards Cordo's mech.

Maria: hey, Cordo! I've got one missile left and I know exactly where I'm gonna stick it!

Cordovin: (chuckles) one missile you say? That's a shame, Maria, because I have plenty!

Cordovin has the missile launcher pop out from the mech's arm cannon while Maria continues flying toward her.

Oscar: ARE YOU TWO CRAZY?!!

Maria: sometimes the best approach is simply the most direct!

As the airship moves closer, Ruby gets into position and aims at Cordovin's mech cannon. Cordovin gasps as she pulls up a screen, noticing Ruby and catching on to her plan.

Cordovin: you!

Dean realizes what she's doing, and uses his semblance to slow time down. He then uses Trickster to make his way up the machine and gets directly in front of the missile launcher. He pulls out both his guns, and begins firing. He flips back as the launcher explodes. However, the explosion still moves out with the combination of lightning dust.

Oscar: pull up!!

Maria pulls up the airship, but it still gets partially caught in the blast. The rest of the group on the cliff move out of the way. The airship is affected by the electricity, and Maria screams in pain as her prosthetic eyes close shut.

Maria: I can't see! My eyes!

Oscar: no, no, no!!

Maria: take control!!