Chapter 15: DANCE, DANCE

The scene opens up to Vali reading a book out in the hallway. He was in silence until he hears a familiar voice.

Weiss: Vali!

Vali: (looks up) hello, Weiss. What can I help you with?

Weiss: I know this is a little unorthodox, but... I wanted to ask you something.

She puts her hands behind her back and tries to look innocent. Vali's expression remains neutral.

Weiss: would you... like to accompany me to the dance tomorrow?

She's slightly nervous when seeing him still holding his usual expression. In his head, however, Vali replays the words his brother said, and knew that when Dean finds out about this, he'd never hear the end of it.

Vali: where do you wish to meet, and at what time?

Weiss smiles and gives him the info. Unknown to both, Jaune saw the scene and had lost his confidence to ask Weiss and silently left.

The next day, everyone was getting ready for the dance. The boys had gone off to do their own thing, while the girls were all getting ready in RWBY's dorm. They were also dressing Ember us in a nice dress.

Yang: so, you guys couldn't find a sitter?

Nikki: nope. Coco and Velvet are still at their mission, and everyone else is going to the dance. Not to mention, she has a habit of getting into trouble when we're not around.

Ruby: what about Emerald or Cinder?

Týra: no. Ember has made it clear she doesn't want to be around them. Plus, we don't trust them.

Blake: why not?

Nikki: something about them is off, loves. We don't know what, but until we do, we don't want Ember around them.

Weiss: (changes the subject) so, um, Nikki, Týra, do you know what the boys are wearing?

Týra: Dean plans to wear a suit, along with that hat of his.

Nikki: and knowing Vali, he'll be in something similar to his usual outfit. How about Jaune and Ren?

Nora: they're going in their school uniforms. I'm so excited! What are your outfits?

Nikki: you'll see. (Turns to Týra) you got the one I bought you?

Týra: I do, but...

Nikki: c'mon, love. You promised.

Ruby: what's going on?

Nikki: Týra isn't sure about coming.

They turn to her, and it was clear Týra was all but glad neither of the brothers were here.

Yang: why wouldn't you want to come?

Týra: I've never been to one of these before.

Ruby: really? Not even when you were a kid?

Týra: I lived in a cabin in the woods in the middle of no where. I don't exactly train for more than survival.

Pyrrha: you don't necessarily have to dance. But, like everyone else, you could use the night off.

Yang: yeah! C'mon, Tyra, we'll help you get dressed.

They set her up in a chair as they get her dress set up for her. To help her, Blake pulls out on of her books.

Blake: I found this in the library. I figured you'd make sense of it.

Týra: (looks to see a shrine) this one's called "Anubis." The guardian of the scale, and the passage guide to the afterlife. (Writes in her journal) he stepped down from being the god of death, and now determines who has a second chance at rebirth.