Chapter 6: JÖTUNHEIM

The scene shows the team exiting the mountain wand Limbo.

Mimir: ah, I've missed seeing clear sky and the sun. I heard there was a new sun after Ragnarok, and I must say, it looks lovely.

Dean: yeah, beats Limbo any day. So, where do we go to get to Jotunheim?

Mimir: we have to head to the Lake of the Nine. The best way to travel there is by river.

Vali: there's one down at the base of the mountain. Let's get there and see where to go.

They made it down, where they don't see docks, but they some damaged boats. Vali and Týra helped rebuild one of them for them to use (while Karasu kept telling them how to make its symmetrical)

Dean: where'd you guys learned this?

Týra: when you live in the mountains most of your life, you have to learn these things to survive.

Vali: same. Except I've rarely done this.

Nikki: well, it looks stable. Can we all fit in it?

Karasu: if built perfectly, it can easily withstand our combined weight.

Týra: it'll be enough.

Dean: alright. You and I will row it, and Nikki and Vali will navigate and make sure we're in the clear.

They rowed down the river and Mimir guided them. There weren't many threats, but they still looked around to them. They kept going until the reached an open area where they see a large structure heavily damaged, and what appeared to be the skull of a giant snake under the water.

Nikki: woah. I've never seen this in any map. Where are we?

Mimir: the Lake of the Nine. This is the center point where the Bifrost is connected to all the nine realms. The signs of structures you see are the remainders of the bridge towers that were used to connect the bridge together.

Dean: what about the giant snake skull?

Mimir: oh, that's the remains of Jörmungandr, the World Serpent.

Dean: the same one that wraps around the world and bites his own tail?

Mimir: the very same.

Týra: legends said that he fought Thor and the two killed each other in the very end. Was that true?

Mimir: sorta. It's true they fought each other to the very end, but it wasn't just the serpent that finished him off.

Vali: you can tell us that later. We're coming up to the bridge.

By the time they reached it, it was beginning to turn nightfall. They decided to set up camp and would continue tomorrow. Tyra also went hunting and came back with a deer over her shoulders. They were gathered around the fire and Mimir decided to ask about them.

Mimir: so, seeing that things have changed in the last millennium, what's the world like now?

Dean: well, the world's called Remnant, now. There's four main kingdoms; Vale, Atlas, Minstrel, and Vacuo.

Vali: we also fight the Grimm, monsters born from darkness. The kingdoms constructed academies to train Huntsmen and Huntresses to fight those monsters.

Nikki: in fact, this is our first mission.

Mimir: finding Jötunheim? That's quite a first mission.

Týra: it's not just Jötunheim. Someone's there that we need to find. The details are vague, but apparently they're female and 50 years old.