Chapter 75: A PLACE OF PARTICULAR CONCERN

A/N: Warning, before reading this chapter as well as the rest of this volume, it is highly recommended you read DVNT: Dark World first to understand a few things. There will also be some dark and heavy elements in this. Proceed at your own discretion.

Blake's Voice: I've been...

Weiss's Voice: I've been having these weird thoughts lately...

Yang's Voice: Like, is any of this for real? Or not?

Ruby's Voice: None of this...makes sense to me...

The volume begins with a recap of the Evacuation Central Location, but in the point of view from Ruby. Her team, DVNT, Ember, and Penny turn to find an explosion caused by Cinder. Ruby panics as the evacuees run in fear before quickly blinking, transitioning in black.

Yang: (off-screen) Ruby!

Things transition to Neo attempting to attack Ruby, but she was tackled out of the way by Yang, who took the brunt of Neo's slash and broke her Aura. Ruby then constantly blinks in a panic as she watches Yang being thrown backward, tumbling bodily over the platform. Later, Ruby was then blinks to see Ember falling, and Team DVNT (who was in Limbo) rushing to catch her but failing.

DVNT: EMBER!!!

Later, Ruby helplessly tries to reach Crescent Rose, but watches it slide over the edge and falls into the abyss. Later, Ruby is clinging onto Neo's ankle as Cinder glares down on them. Ruby's Silver Eyes are seen glowing faintly.

Cinder: (echo) And you... should have never been born...

Cinder uses the Staff to smash Neo's hand, causing her to lose her grip and fall. Ruby starts to fall with her, and the glow from her eyes disappears. After Ruby falls down, Blake holds Ruby while swinging Gambol Shroud to back up to the platform, but its ribbon gets burned off by Cinder. Ruby helplessly watches Blake fall before disappearing into the abyss. And in black, she hears a monstrous roar from DVNT.

DVNT: RRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGHHHHHHHH!!!

Ruby opens her eyes to find herself surrounded by floating red balls. She looks down to her hand encoated by one of them before it begins floating from her hand. Ruby then sees Neo delivering a punch at her. Ruby tries to defend herself as she grabs Neo by both of her hands. Neo tries to grab Ruby by the neck as Ruby pushes Neo's hand away from her. Neo uses her Semblance to transform into Dean, and roughly pulls her hands away from Ruby. Neo glares as she transforms into Yang as Ruby defends herself. Neo punches away Ruby's hands and grabs them, again transforming into Penny. Ruby struggles as Neo armlocks her, strangling her. Ruby almost loses her breath but she breaks free from Neo by kicking her legs backwards. Ruby tumbles over and watches Neo in the distance as they both fall through the clouds.

Penny's Voice: (echoey) Ruby! (pause) Ruby! (pause) RUBY!!!

Ruby bolts upwards, panting moments before surveying the area. Large conch shells and six-armed starfish intermittently dot a sand-colored beach that seems to stretch for miles in either direction. In the distance, Ruby sees two very intact moons seemingly orbiting each other as they slowly orbit... wherever she is. Ruby stands up and wrings out the water from her cloak.

 Ruby stands up and wrings out the water from her cloak