Chapter 48: STEALING FROM THE ELDERLY

The next day, the scene shows the military base from before, with various soldiers and guards work on their jobs. Weiss was walking with Cordovin and Saphron, who is holding Adrian in her arms. They're also being escorted by the two Nubuck Guards. Weiss is also dragging a large luggage case behind her.

Cordovin: ah, I was relieved to hear that you came to your senses, Miss Schnee. Many of us were devastated when we heard you would be attending... (with disdain) Beacon Academy. Knowing that you'll be returning to Atlas just warms my old heart.

Weiss: (pretending) it was... time to get my act together and go back to my roots.

Cordovin: oh, I can't wait to see you follow in your sister's footsteps.

Weiss: (with an unenthusiastic smile) absolutely...

Cordovin: I'm sending two of my best guards to personally escort you. Make sure General Ironwood hears that part. (Winks and walks away)

Nubuck Guard 1: allow me to assist you with your bag. (Hups over to pick up Weiss' luggage) my, what a heavy bag!

Weiss: (keeping her grip on her luggage) that's alright!

Nubuck Guard 1: nonsense!

Nubuck Guard 2: allow me to assist as well!

Weiss: I can take care of it by myself!

As Cordovin walks away, she overhears Weiss and the Nubuck Guards conversation. She stops in her tracks and gains a suspicious look on her face. Saphron notices this.

Saphron: (whispering to Adrian) just like we practiced.

Adrian nods at his mother. The baby then lets out a loud wail that can be heard throughout the base. Adrian "cries" as he fusses in his mother's arms.

Saphron: (pretending) oh no! Look at that, he's just going to miss you so much! You should hurry on out of here!

Nubuck Guard 1: a crying child?

Nubuck Guard 2: we must console it!

The two guards hup over to Adrian as they perform weird poses to amuse him. Cordovin continues walking with an unamused look on her face. While they are distracted, Weiss quickly gets onto the airship with the luggage behind her.

Weiss: that was close.

Ruby: (over earpiece) is everything okay?

Maria: (from inside Weiss' luggage) call me heavy... It's all muscle! I'll show them a thing or two about heavy!

Weiss: we're on board.

*DV and RNJR*

On a cliffside over looking the ocean, Dean, Vali, Ruby, Jaune, Nora, Ren, Ember, Oscar, and Qrow were waiting for them.

Karasu: (over radio) this is really stupid. We might die from this.

Vali: over all the stuff we've dealt with, you think this will end us?

Dean: relax. We'll be fine.

Ruby: alright, we'll all watch our scrolls. The second Weiss is out of range of the comm tower, that'll mean she's out of range of the radar too.

Yang: (over radio) and that's when Blake and Nikki step in. We're almost at the drop off.

*BY and NT*

In another area, Yang is driving Bumblebee with Blake sitting behind her. Blake has her Scroll out receiving instructions from Terra. Nikki and used a teleportation spell for her and Týra (she just started on practicing doing this kind of magic)