Chapter 77: A WORD WITH FATE

*25 YEARS AGO*

Rewinding back in time, the scene shows an open area where the sounds of metal clashing. Looking down, it's revealed a younger Dante and Summer Rose fighting.

They traded blows with Dante wielding his former sword, Rebellion, and Summer having her axe, Sundered Rose

They traded blows with Dante wielding his former sword, Rebellion, and Summer having her axe, Sundered Rose. They keep going until they're pushed back and panting.

Dante: Giving up already, Rosie? C'mon! I though you were better than that.

Summer: Get real, Devil Boy. Look which one of us is winning.

Dante: As if!

They charge again and clash a few times. This goes on for a bit until they stop and relaxed.

Summer: Guess it's a draw.

Dante: You keep telling yourself that. It'll still be a while before you reach my level.

Summer: What? Lady's at that level, so why can't I reach it?

Dante: Easy—I'm awesome.

Summer merely laughs at that and shoves his shoulder a bit. She then brings up something.

Summer: You know, if we ever had children, I bet they'd think the same thing.

Dante: Is that your way of asking me out?

Summer: (blushes a bit) No, idiot! I'm just saying that if we have kids of our own, they could be friends.

Dante: Maybe. Honestly, though, between us, you're more likely to have a family. Me? I'm just good where I am.

Summer: Well, if something were to happen to one of us, then would the other help watch over them?

Dante: (confused) Where'd that come from?

Summer: Just a thought. In our lives, we never know when we could die.

Dante: That's true... (smiles) Okay, Rosie, if you have a family and something happens to you, I'll make sure they're in good hands.