Chapter 10: THE STRAY

The scene shows RWBY and DNVT in Vale, observing the decorations being set up for the annual Vytal Festival. Weiss was eager to go down there, and her teammates invited DVNT to join them.

Weiss: the Vytal Festival! Oh, this is absolutely wonderful!

Ruby: I don't think I've ever seen you smile this much, Weiss. (Frowns a little) it's kinda weirding me out...

Weiss: (turns to Ruby) how could you not smile? A festival dedicated to the cultures of the world! There will be dances! Parades! A tournament! Oh, the amount of planning and organization that goes into this event is simply breathtaking!

Yang: you really know how to take a good thing and make it sound boring.

Weiss: quite, you!

Dean: calm down, children. We already deal with two enough as it is.

Ruby: two?

Nikki: Ember and Karasu.

Karasu: I'm not a child!

Vali: you threw a fit when the library was out of order a bit.

Karasu: so what?

Týra: you spent 48 hours in there arranging  every book until you were satisfied.

Mimir: it definitely does set the question on who's the real child of the team.

Blake: speaking of kids, where's Ember?

Dean: Coco and Velvet are babysitting her. We actually needed a break.

Ruby: I bet. Is she keeping you up at night?

Nikki: miraculously, no. But, it's exhausting at the fact we can't keep our eyes off her for more than a minute before she wanders off somewhere to cause trouble.

Yang: not even graduates, and you already know the pain of every new parent. (Beat) remind me again why we're spending our Friday afternoon visiting the stupid docks?

Ruby: (covering her nose) ugh, they smell like fish!

Dean: that's because we're near the ocean. (Ruby pouts)

Weiss: I've heard that students visiting from Vacuo will be arriving by ship today. And, as a representative of Beacon, I feel as though it is my solemn duty to welcome them to this fine kingdom!

Vali: that doesn't sound right.

Blake: she wants to spy on them so she'll have the upper hand in the tournament.

Vali: that's more accurate.

Weiss: (scoffs) you can't prove that!

Mimir: be great full you're not going up against these four.

Ruby: I guess, but still, are you guys sure you can't convince Professor Ozpin on competing?

Dean: na, we're fine. Honestly, we were never really interested in competing anyways. But, if we don't get a mission by then, we'll support you guys.

Ruby: (notices something) whoa.

They look in the direction she's facing, and see a Dust shop destroyed and the police going over the crime scene. They approached the scene.

Dean: what happened here?

Detective 1: robbery. Second Dust shop to be hit this week. This place is turning into a jungle. (Walks over to his partner)

Yang: (sighs sadly) that's terrible.

Detective 2: (off screen, to his partner) they left all the money again.