Chapter 51: THE GREATEST KINGDOM

The volume picks up where we left off. As the ship goes through to the city, they took a look around as they see the large military fleet surrounding the kingdom's capital.

Dean: this looks like we're walking into the Death Star or something.

Ruby: I don't understand. What's happening here?

Qrow: I don't know.

Jaune: but we are here. We got the lamp to Atlas, so I guess we land and get some answers.

Weiss: I'm not so sure. I've never seen our forces deployed so aggressively before. If we land in a stolen ship, there's no way the security team will let us anywhere near Ironwood. They might even take me back to my father.

Vali: we won't let that happen.

Nikki: calm down, lover boy. But still, how are we gonna convince them not to arrest us?

Weiss: (idea pops) Winter! (To Maria) put some distance between us and the fleet.

Maria: you don't have to tell me twice.

As Weiss walks to the back of the ship, Maria steers the ship toward Mantle. As people wander the streets of Mantle, the group looks over the city through the Manta's windows. They fly past a giant screen on the side of a skyscraper. Ironwood's voice comes from the screen, catching Ruby and Yang's attention.

Ironwood: ...cannot express our appreciation enough. Many describe these as uncertain times, and while that may be the case for the rest of the world, I can tell you what is certain. The Kingdom of Atlas will remain strong, and it will remain safe. That is my promise.

Ruby and Yang look saddened.

Yang: General Ironwood. He looks...

Ruby: tired.

Týra: more than that, he looks stressed.

Nikki: Jupiter did say the fall took a toll on him.

Qrow: James, what have you been doing?

Four Atlesian Knight-200s are seen walking down a street in Mantle, while civilians around them complain about their presence.

Civilian 1: ugh, not these again.

Civilian 2: why can't they just leave us be?

A small drone floats along a sidewalk, while a pair of small children hide in an alley. One of the children picks up a rock and throws it at the drone, which spins around to look, prompting the children to hide against the wall. Weiss sadly stares out of Manta 5-1's window with her Scroll in her palm. Her Scroll is set to call Winter, who does not answer.

Dean: good lord. This looks like a scene from one of those movies where the all powerful warlord enslaves and controls the city.

Weiss: this isn't right. None of this is right.

Atlas Air Traffic Female: Manta 5-1, we've noticed a detour in your route. You are to make your way to docking bay Omega 12 immediately. Do you copy? Over.

Maria: we're kind of running out of time here, kids.

Yang: we need to ditch the ship.

Qrow: agreed. Get lost in Mantle and buy ourselves some time.

Weiss: I'm telling you, my sister can take us to Ironwood.

Vali: I don't think she's going to.

Weiss: what makes you say that?

Blake: uh, Weiss?

Weiss walks over to Blake's side and looks out the window with her as a familiar voice plays from a giant screen.