Chapter 4: FASHION AND SYMMETRY

The scene begins with teams DVNT and CFVY hanging out at a shopping mall in Vale. Since it was the weekend and they had finished up their homework for class, the friends decided to go out and enjoy Vale. As a result, they were at a clothing store where Nikki and Coco were shopping at the various different fashions.

Dean: why'd we agree to this, again?

Fox: we wanted to go to Vale and enjoy the city.

Dean: yeah, but I mean go hang out at other stores. Not ones that'll make us their designated bag carriers.

Týra: (looks at a mannequin in a dress) I don't understand why people are so obsessed with these garments.

Since she spent most of her life in the mountains, Týra didn't know much about most things. Now, she did keep up to date with history and understood most things like tech an weaponry, but she's usually on survival instincts looked at everything as if she could use it as a weapon in the event of a fight. Not to mention, she barely understood many metaphors or references. Needless to say, she was a bit harder to have a normal conversation with.

Velvet: people just enjoy looking beautiful every now and then.

Vali: not to mention, it's how you keep up with modern day society.

Týra: (looks at the heals) I see. Then, could these be a weapon in combat?

Dean: sure. Would you wear them?

Týra: no. They look imbalanced and would only be effective in the eye. While it is a good target, it's best to use a weapon to cover more bases.

Yatsuhashi: I suppose so. (Beat) speaking of balance, Karasu seems to be fine.

Dean: I know! We don't have to hear him complain about symmetry and everything for once!

True to their word, Karasu was actually calm. Apparently, he was admiring the certain dresses, shirts, and shoes in the store while Nikki and Coco were trying on different things.

Karasu: ah. Look at these; perfectly even in every detail. The pairs of shoes in the correct size order; perfect. The shirts and pants color coordinated in color and size; perfect. And many of these dresses have the exact perfect pattern to them. If I were human, I'd smile at the sight. A symmetrical world is a perfect world.

Nikki: (folds up a dress before picking another) whatever you say, buddy.

Coco: has he always been like that?

Nikki: are you kidding? He gets a nosebleed whenever one of his feathers gets loose or he sees a certain order wrong.

Coco: wow. That's a bit extreme. How long have you had him?

Nikki: ever since I first started training when I was eight. My mom gave him and Ravage as my first two demons, and since then, I've worked with them. At first, I wanted to strangle him because of his craziness. But, later on I've grown use to it. Still, he does have his moments where I want to kill him.

Karasu: (gasps)

Nikki: what is it, Karasu?

Karasu: well, uh... maybe it's just my imagination, but I have a feeling this painting in our dorm is leaning a little bit to the right.

Nikki: (deadpanned) are you serious?

Karasu: (freaked out) I can't take it! I need to see this for my self!

He tries to fly away, but Nikki calls him back and he's whining and begging for her to let him go, but she refused.

Nikki: moments like that.