Chapter 18: VYTAL FESTIVAL TOURNAMENT

The volume begins with Team RWBY vs Team ABRN as the first round of the tournament. After weeks of training and preparation, the time of the festival was finally here. The rules were that the first rounds were the teams fighting four on four. Then, the winners of those rounds, would select two of their members to continue. Then the winners of those rounds will do one on one until one remains as the champion. As the girls fought, they emerged victorious in the last second. They look out to the crowd, until they caught a glimpse of DVNT, covered in blood, cheering for them. They later on went down to greet them.

Dean: nice work, girls.

Vali: your team work has improved greatly.

Nikki: yeah, it was great.

Týra: with more fighting like that, you'll be able to make it through to the finals.

Ruby: thanks, guys. But, why are you all covered in blood?

Dean: oh, right. Sorry, things got messy in Hell.

Weiss: you mean it was bad?

Mimir: no, we actually, literally, went to Hell.

The girls looked dumbstruck by this as the blood magically disintegrates off them. Seeing that there should be some explanation, they decided to do a walk and talk.

*A FEW HOURS EARLIER*

The team had been sent to Hell to search for clues on who their new threat could be connected to. And as one would expect, they were met with extreme confrontation by demons, hell-hounds, and other threats that roam in Hell. The team had made their way through a hallway where they heard hundreds of screams and countless cries of pain. Among one of cells, they found a shrine.

Vali: Týra, another.

Týra: (writes down) this one's called, "Fenrir." Father tried to tell me about this one, but I think I was too young.

Mimir: a bit of an extreme story for a child.

Týra: it looks like Týr was there too. And he grew to the size of a mountain.

Mimir: bigger actually.

Týra: what's that at the end? He eats Odin before he dies?

Mimir: there's more to that, but yes.

They pass through more chaos and even brought down an entire structure on a whole squad of demons. When they were retrieving some gems, monsters attacked them.

Demon: kill them!

Demon 2: leave nothing but dust from them.

Demon 3: die like your mother did!

Dean: "die like your mother did?"

Nikki: wow, calm down you idiots.

Karasu: I swear, half the things they say are so uncivilized.

The fight then ended off when they basically shredded everything to the point where they were covered with blood and escaped. And, they just made it in time to get back to the real world.

*NOW*

After chatting with Emerald and telling their mission, they picked up Ember from CFVY and arrived to a noodle stand to order some food. In the stand, they see an old man who's often working around the town.

Yang: I'll have a bowl of the regular, please. (a large bowl of noodles slides in front of her)

Ruby: (staring at Yang's meal) oohhh... I'll take the same. (A large bowl of noodles slides in front of her, as she clasps her hands in excitement)