Chapter 76: ALTERCATION AT THE AUSPICIOUS AUCTION

The scene picks up with Team RWBY overlooking the whimsical land before them. They stay silent for a bit until Yang breaks it.

Yang: So are we gonna just stand around thinking about this in silence? Or...?

Ruby: I knew this place is weird, but a fairy tale? I mean that's impossible.

Blake: Not as impossible as demons, angels, the nine realms from Norse Mythology, or a talking mouse?

Ruby: (sweat drops) Fair point.

Weiss: What we've seen is improbable, but that doesn't mean we're in an actual fairy tale. Are we seriously entertaining this?

Yang: Do you have a better explanation for what's going on?

Weiss: Well, let's try to be more logical, shall we? We fell from the sky. Ruby made friends with a tiny mouse.

Little: Friends!

Weiss: Blake and I got caught by killer vines. (Blake cringes) And... uh... you got your arm stolen by... a... What was it that you said?

Yang: (deadpanned) A talking raccoon riding on a purple wagon filled with trash.

Weiss: (blinks a bit) Yes, that. Okay, I see your point of view. I am going to go over here now.

Weiss walks away, she starts to talk nonsense to herself as she tries to grapple with the team's current situation.

Ruby: As crazy as it sounds, something about this is familiar.

Blake: "The Girl Who Fell Through the World." I... I think we're in the Ever After.

Weiss: Blake, that world is make-believe. It was just part of the story we all read as kids.

Little: It's not make-believe, it's where I live!

Blake: Can you tell us all about it? Have you ever heard the name Alyx?

Little: An "Alyx"? Is that a purpose?

Blake: In the story, Alyx fell from the sky and met with the Hunter Mice, got trapped in vines, fought a Jabberwalker, and got her knife stolen by... A talking raccoon.

Weiss groans and crosses her arms.

Yang: Yeah. And then she beat the Red King at a board game, met the Curious Cat, the Rusted Knight, and finally got out through...

They look back at the tree as they remember the ending.

Blake: The tree.

Weiss: So what now? Do we go to the tree? Look for Alyx?  Find Ember? Yang's arm? Ruby, you're still missing Crescent Rose.

Little: I'll bet the Jinxy Peddler has it.

Weiss: (angry) WHO?!

Little yelped and ducked behind Ruby.

Little: The Jinxy Peddler? That's the only talking raccoon I know.

Weiss angrily grumbles to herself.

Blake: Do you know where he might be?

Little: Of course! (scurrying up to Ruby's head) I'll lead the way right to–

*A SHORT MOMENT LATER*

Little is once again snoring on top of Ruby's head as Team RWBY continue trekking through the jungle.

Blake: So, the town is just ahead, right?

Ruby pokes Little to wake them up. But they ignore it and keeps sleeping.