Chapter 16: FIELD TRIP

The scene opens up to Ironwood, Goodwitch, Ozpin, and Jupiter in the headmaster office. Their conversation was revolving around the events from last night.

Ironwood: they were here... Ozpin, they were here!

Glynda: we're very much aware of that! Thank you, James.

Ironwood: fantastic! You're aware! Now are we going to do something about it or should we just stay the course and continue to ignore what's right in front of us?!

Jupiter: enough! (All look to him) arguing about it will accomplish nothing and get us no where. We must focus on our next move.

Ozpin: (hears the elevator arriving) come in.

It opens up to show Ruby and Dean entering the room.

Ruby: sorry it took so long. Someone accidentally hit all the buttons on the elevator on the way up here. (Pausing before quickly explaining herself) it wasn't me.

Dean: real smooth, sis.

Ozpin: thank you for coming, Ruby and Dean. How are you feeling? And where is Týra?

Ruby: okay, I guess. I'd feel better if my bad-guy-catching record wasn't O-for-three. (Met with silence) okay, so that's the tone we're going for, got it.

Dean: Týra's working on reviewing where our mysterious intruder might've run off to.

Ironwood: I understand. Ruby, I feel it's appropriate to let you know that I think what you did last night is exactly what being a Huntress is all about. You recognized a threat. You took action. And you did the very best you could.

Ruby: thank you, sir.

Ozpin: now, the general here has already informed us of the events that... transpired last night, but now that you've rested, we were wondering if you had anything to add.

Glynda: was anyone else with her? Did she look familiar to you at all?

Dean: Týra said she was alone, wore a mask, didn't speak, but was familiar to her in some way.

Ruby: she fought with glass. I don't think that was her Semblance, though. Her clothing lit up whenever she attacked.

Glynda: save for the glass, that sounds like the woman I fought the night we met Ruby.

Ironwood: embedding Dust into clothing is an age-old technique. It could have been anyone.

Ruby: wait. You think this girl is connected to Torchwick and the White Fang?

Ozpin: it's possible. But we still lack the required evidence to link the two together.

Ruby: actually, I... I think I remember her saying something about a hideout, or something, in the southeast. Just outside the Kingdom.

Dean's Thoughts: Týra never said anything about that. Unless Ruby's... oh dear, she's pulling a me.

Ozpin: interesting.

Glynda: I thought the intruder never—

Jupiter: thank you for your time. Why don't you go and spend some time with your teams? You have a big day ahead of you. Especially for your team, Dean. You have a new mission today.

Dean: whatever you say, Jupiter.

Glynda: before you go, Dean, this came in for you in the mail.

She hands him a box that was from Devil May Cry. Apparently, however, the box was heavy, that it took her telekinesis to lift it. But when Dean picks it up, it's weightless.