Through the Trees (Kinkajou X Reader)

Kinkajou X Gender-neutral! Shy! NightWing! Reader

- - -

Key:

(N/w/n) - NightWing name

(E/c) - Eye color

- - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

☆ (N/w/n)'s POV ☆

It's been a while since the NightWings have moved into the rainforest. It's been quite peaceful here. I normally stay away from everyone else though. They can be a lot sometimes and they make me quite anxious at times. But, some parts of the rainforest are where I could be at ease. No RainWings or NightWings come to those parts usually.

However, There's this one RainWing who doesn't like to leave me alone. She always seems to find me and trying to talk to me. But, I'm a little bit grateful that she comes and checks on me.

The others NightWings never really came to check on me. Ever since a couple of years ago, I was always alone. Both of my parents disappeared while I was still very young. I was taken care of but, just until I was old enough to be on my own which was a couple of years ago.

While, I'm currently laying at one of my special spots. This one was one of my favorites. There was a peaceful flowing river and animals would live their daily lives. It was less noisy then the whole rainforest itself. I exhaled strongly almost like a sigh as I closed my eyes and a smile creep onto my face.

" Hey (N/w/n)! ", I hear a very familiar voice yell as she flew towards me. I opened my (E/c) eyes slightly and to look at her with slight annoyance.
" Oh, Come on you big grumpy NightWing! It's me, Your favorite RainWing! I thought you would be more happy to see me! ", She pouted as her banana yellow and raspberry pink scales sprinkled with bits of dragon fruit red.
I just huffed at her and looked away from her and my gaze went to the clean river rushing beside me.

Silence fell upon us, only the quiet roar of the river was heard. I shut my eyes again. It was peaceful once again. But, I felt Kinkajou staring at me. I opened my eyes once again to glance at her. She had a small smile on her face and her scales were all shaded a light pink.

" Why are you looking at me like that? ", I asked snapping her out of her trance.
" You looked so peaceful. It was so cute. It was almost as cute as a baby sloth ", She giggled.
Wait, Did she just call me cute. Omg, I think she did. I felt my scales become warmer around my face. I blinked quickly a few times.
" What? It's true ~ ", She teased.
" Stop flirting with me! ", I snapped. I was still flustered by that subtle compliment.

Kinkajou giggled as she kept playfully flirting with me. She's really persistent with these. Eventually, It was starting to overwhelm me. I can't, this is a bit too much for me. I couldn't even her some of what she was saying.

I huffed at her as I cut her off.
" Will you stop if say yes to you??? ", I shouted.
Kinkajou's scales turned to a stronger version of her original scales. She started to cheer. She trotted around me a couple of times while doing so.

I put my talons up to my face. I rubbed my face aggressively. I sighed deeply. Then, Kinkajou stopped in front of me and looked up at me. She gave me a big smile like when you gave a baby dragonet their favorite food. Her smile was clearly showing her sharp snake-like fangs.

(A/n : You are a bit taller than her)

She just made my heart melt at this point.
" I love you! ", She happily shouted.
I'm speechless. That's so cute.
Then, She gave me a kiss on the cheek. I didn't have any words to say. I'm still frozen.

Then, She just cuddles herself into my neck. So, She just cuddles her frozen new NightWing partner.

And I just that's me.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Published: September 16th, 2021