Old dog, new tricks (Vulture X reader)

Requested by: luna-is-awsome

Vulture X Kind! Female! SandWing! Reader

- -

Part 2 of ' Distant Memories '

- -

- - -

Key:

(S/n) - SandWing name

(S/c) - Scale color

(E/c) - Eye color

(F/g) - Favorite gem

- - -

- - - - -

Warnings: Showing of grief and hints of the idea of unalive

- - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

☆ 3rd person POV ☆

Looking into the future, Darkstalker thought up of a bribery for Vulture. Being using his own love against him. (S/n) flashing back before his eyes.

It was finally time for Qibli to face his despicable grandfather. He had been dreading this over a long while. However, with Anemone's powerful weather bands handy, he knew he could overcome this terrible setback.

There stood Vulture, curled over himself, with his back towards his grandson.
" Ah, are you finally here to join me, Qibli? ", He cackled, slowly.
Qibli couldn't answer, but coming closer to him, hesitantly.
" What are you doing? ", Qibli questioned, looking at the scene before him.
" Well, I'm playing with my pets, as you can say. I'm going to eat the loser. I need to keep the strong ones. ", Vulture explained, peering over at the two scavengers.

Qibli looked over to Winter, who had a disturbed and disgusted look upon his cold face.
" Why would you do that? Doesn't that seem ... I'm not sure, cruel? ", Qibli exclaimed, not knowing what to think about the situation.
" It's unfortunate you remind me of someone I lost... ", Vulture hissed in a low voice.
" (S/n), I still miss you... ", Vulture mumbled, quietly, looking away from Qibli.
" (S/n)? Who's that? ", Qibli questioned, remembering the name suddenly.

Vulture snapped his neck towards his grandson. Qibli noticed a look of grief in his eyes. Which Qibli would never expect out of his evil grandfather.

" I suppose, you should know. She was your grandmother. However, she's long gone now. ", Vulture explained, sighing, almost in defeat.
Qibli suddenly felt another feeling that he assumed he would never feel with his grandfather. He almost felt bad for Vulture.
" When did you lose her? ", Qibli asked, becoming curious.
" When your mother was only four months old. She was defending a SandWing dragonet. Such a brave one, she was. ", Vulture sighed.
" I'm sorry. ", Qibli stated, honestly.
Qibli imagined losing either Winter or Moon, he shivered at the vast chilling thought.

After a couple of minutes from the end of the conversation, something flashed before Vulture's eyes. It was a semi-transparent (s/c) shape. It was her, (S/n).
" Junebug? ", He called out, looking around for her.
No answer, she vanished.
" Must be those camel dung hallucinations again. Why can't they leave me in peace? Why must they torture me with her? ", He whispered to himself, sighing deeply in a disappointed breath.

Corba seemed to see the same thing while in her prison, she saw that (s/c) shape.
" Mom? ", She called out.
Qibli turned his head around towards where she was looking, confused.
" Mother? ", He asked, puzzled.
" Apologies, I thought I saw someone that I lost so long ago. ", Corba stated, looking away with a scowl.
" My grandmother? ", Qibli questioned.
" Yes. ", Corba confirmed, quickly, as she became uncomfortable with the topic.

However, talonsteps filled their ears. The guards were immune to this however, as they did not move or twitch. The (s/c) shape returned, almost completely opaque this time. Corba immediately recognized those (e/c) eyes. She was back. Qibli saw her with his own eyes as well.

She flashed away as Qibli began to open his mouth to speak. But he shut it as she was nowhere to be found.
" Is that what she looked like? ", He asked, fully envisioning her in his mind.
" Yes, that where I got these (s/c) scales. ", Corba told him.
Qibli blinked carefully, looking over his mother's (s/c) scales.

- Slight Timeskip -

(S/n) was so happy she actually had grandchildren. Qibli is so lovely, his freinds as well. She fully accepted him with open talons. However, it was unfortunate that she could only communicate through dreams.

" Hello, Qibli. ", (S/n) exclaimed, appearing his dream.
" Grandmother? ", Qibli asked, with shining eyes.
" Yes, it's me. I just want you to know that I love you with all my heart. ", (S/n) told him with a kind smile.

Qibli quickly rushed over to her and wrapped his talons around her, in a strong and warm hug. (S/n) hugged him back, softly rubbing circles in his back with her (s/c) talons. (S/n) felt a faint beating in her chest, almost as if she was alive once more.

After Qibli broke the hug, due to the look in his eyes, (S/n) knew he had questions for her.

" Why have you returned? Why now? ", Qibli asked, in tone that (S/n) knew was with positive intent.
" I'm not sure, Qibli. I'm so glad that I got to meet you though. I'm so sorry that I haven't been by your side for all these years. ", (S/n) answered, honestly.
" I'm just happy that I have someone like me in the family. ", Qibli pointed out, playfully.
" Yes, that's definitely true. I do not approve the path my mate nor my daughter has gone down. I wish I could intervene and change their path for the better. ", (S/n) stated, picturing her family in her mind.
" But, can't we make a way to do that? ", Qibli questioned.
" What? ", (S/n) questioned, looking at her grandson with a puzzled expression.

" Well, Can't we find a way to bring you fully back so you could? ", Qibli suggested.
" Unfortunately, that is uncertain. I don't think animus magic could fully do that. ", (S/n) pointed out.
" True, but we could at least try, shouldn't we? ", Qibli beamed, hopefully.
(S/n) snickered at him, wrapping him in her (s/c) wing.
" I suppose you are right. There's no harm in trying. ", (S/n) stated with a smile.

- Another Timeskip -

Qibli held the enchanted golden necklace embedded with (f/g) at the ends. With enough convincing, Qibli obtained it from the animus SeaWing siblings, Turtle and Anemone. The necklace can't fully bring (S/n), however it makes her spirit fully opaque. With this enchantment, she could interact with objects and she was able to communicate with the living. It was the best they could get in bringing her back to this plane of existence, without reaching the absolute limits of animus magic.

" Grandmother, are you there? ", Qibli called out, looking around his sleeping cave.
(S/n)'s (s/c) ghost flashed before him, only for a second, alerting him of her presence. Qibli walked towards where her spirit was.
" Could you bow your head for me? ", Qibli asked, politely.
(S/n) obeyed, curling her (s/c) neck downwards towards him. With another split-second appearance, Qibli knew it was time. With unbelievable accuracy, Qibli managed to slip the necklace around her neck.

Slowly, her spirit became clearly visible to Qibli. (S/n) had that beautiful smile upon her face. Her (e/c) eyes were full of gratitude as she looked at her grandson.
" I can't thank you enough, Qibli. This really is a big favor. ", (S/n) told him.
" It's really no problem. As I said before, I'm just glad I have another family member who is like me. ", Qibli stated, playfully.
" Now, are you ready to face your family again? ", (S/n) asked, curling her (s/c) wings towards the doorway.
" Not really, but I have a strong ally at my side this time. ", Qibli answered, nodding.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Happy ending time!

Also, (S/n) was obviously successful in setting her family on a more empathic path.

Published: Dec. 11th / 2022