Emotional scars (Listener X reader)

Requested by: Gypsy-Girl-727

Listener X Female! NightWing! Reader

- - -

Key:

(N/n) - NightWing name

(S/c) - Scale color

(E/c) - Eye color

(F/c) - Favorite color

- - -

- - - - -

Warnings: Contains medium-level angst.

- - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

☆ 3rd person POV ☆

(N/n) sighed deeply as she thought about her crush, Listener. The (s/c) NightWing had liked Listener for as long as she could remember. However, she never confessed her feelings to the dark scaled NightWing. She would get close to it, but backed out on it quickly, especially now.

Listener had gotten a new crush, a kind and worried NightWing by the name of Thoughtful. Listener would talk about him all the time to (N/n). Which the (s/c) NightWing was happy that Listener was happy, but it pained (N/n)'s heart whenever she talked about yet another crush. Soon, (N/n) couldn't take anymore of this.

' Where could she possibly be? ', (N/n) told, looking around the school.
Now, (N/n) didn't need to worry about any mind-readers as she found a way to block them out, she only needed to concentrate. That's why Listener still hasn't found out about the (s/c) NightWing's feelings yet.

Once (N/n) finally found Listener, she spotted her dark scaled crush peeking at Thoughtful, who was using his artistic ability at that very moment. Again, (N/n) winced at knowing the situation, but she kept approaching Listener. When she reached Listener, she poked her lightly with her (s/c) snout. Listener jumped a bit and twisted towards (N/n).

" (N/n), you can't scare me like that! ", Listener whisper-yelled at her.
" I'm sorry, but I need to talk to you. ", (N/n) stated in a quiet voice.
" But look at him. He's beautiful and I think we're meant to be, this time. Please I need to stay here. ", Listener complained.
" I understand, but this is important, Listener. ", (N/n) argued, putting her (s/c) down on this matter.
Listener groaned and rolled her eyes. Then, (N/n) rolled her (s/c) around Listener's talon.
" Just come on. ", (N/n) told her, dragging her along.

When the two NightWing dragonets were close enough away from everyone, including Thoughtful, (N/n) left go of Listener's talon and looked at her with a longing look in her (e/c) eyes.

" Okay, so what do you want? ", Listener retorted in a annoyed voice.
(N/n) quickly reacted, forgetting to hold herself back.
" Really!? ", (N/n) snapped, accidentally baring her teeth.
Listener jumped back a bit, never seeing the (s/c) NightWing this angry before.
" What I want, is for you to stop obsessing over other dragonets, who don't deserve you! ", (N/n) shouted.
" What? ", Listener asked.
" You heard me! None of them deserve your kindness! Or anything about you! I hate how you go after them and you never see how unwilling they are to do anything for you! ", The (s/c) NightWing snarled, while all the other NightWings that Listener crushed on flashed in her mind.
" Why can't you just be happy for me! ", Listener shot back, flaring up.
" I am! I always have! But you don't listen to me! ", (N/n) barked back, feeling tears build up in her (e/c) eyes.
" I hear you, but you don't understand me! I can't believe you! Why can't you let me go!? ", Listener argued, baring her teeth towards the opposing (s/c) NightWing.
" Because I love you! That's why! ", (N/n) shouted, without thinking.

Then, silence fell fast between the two. (N/n)'s (e/c) eyes went wide and tears ran down her (s/c) cheeks. She looked at Listener and turned away. Quickly, she spread her (s/c) wings and flew off. Listener watched her and tensed up.

" Wait! ", Listener exclaimed, reaching her talon out.
But (N/n) was too far gone to hear her. Quickly, the (s/c) NightWing disappeared from Listener's sight. Listener closed her eyes and shook her head, shamefully.
" How could she think that of me? ", Listener asked, quietly and to no one in particular.

While (N/n) was shouting, she forgot to focus on her mind. Listener was able to hear everything that went on in there. The (s/c) NightWing thought about this other NightWing in her past. She told how they cut her heart into a million pieces. Listener doesn't know how, but that information didn't matter. What mattered that she was heartbroken that Listener loved all these other NightWings and now that Listener knew her secret, (N/n) was afraid of Listener breaking her heart just as the other NightWing once did.

Listener looked back in the direction of where (N/n) disappeared off to. Then, the dark scaled NightWing winced remembering the pain that was shown in her tear-stricken (e/c) eyes.
' Should I go after her? ', Listener asked herself.
After a couple moments of choices, she decided on one.
' I'll give her a little while and then I'll go find her. I should also get her flowers. They should be (f/c). I know she loves that color. I just hope I can make it up to her. ', She thought, nodding to herself as she made her decisions.

- Small Timeskip -

(N/n) curled her (s/c) tail around herself, trying to comfort herself. She pulled her (s/c) wings closer to herself as well. Her (e/c) gaze was at the sand below her talons and her vision was blurred by the salt water drifting down from her (e/c) eyes and (s/c) cheeks. Then, suddenly, (N/n) heard wingbeats coming towards her. She unwrapped herself and looked towards the wingbeats.

It was Listener with (f/c) flowers in her talons. Emotions rushed back into (N/n) as she spotted her. (N/n) shaded herself away, looking in the opposite direction. Then, Listener landed next to her, indicated by the sound of talons grazing the sand.

" Hey, (N/n). Are you ok? ", Listener greeted in a soft and friendly tone.
" Do I look ok?! ", (N/n) snapped, still looking away.
Listener winced and sighed a bit, but kept her confidence strong.
" Hey, I'm sorry (N/n). I never knew you loved me like that. I shouldn't have accused you of those things. So, I got you some flowers to say I'm sorry as well. ", Listener apologized, handing the (f/c) flowers towards (N/n).

(N/n) glanced at the flowers with her (e/c) gaze. Then, without looking up at Listener, she took them into her (s/c) talon. She put them up to her snout and took a small whiff of them. The flowers smelled sweet like honey. Then, (N/n) began to play with the flowers' (f/c) petals.

" Actually I, myself, have something to confess, (N/n). ", Listener confessed.
This is when (N/n) finally looked back up at her. Listener was surprised this got the (s/c) NightWing's attention, but kept going with it.
" I have had some feelings for you as well. It was a small crush, but I backed off because I didn't think you liked girls. Plus, I think I still have those feelings, brewing inside of me. ", Listener admitted, her dark cheeks blushed a deep, dark crimson red.
" Really? ", (N/n) asked with a bit of hope in her voice.
Listener nodded, smiling at her.

" And well, I thought if you would like... I'm not going to force you, but anyway, I thought perhaps we could get together and take things slow? ", Listener offered.
" You would do that for me? ", (N/n) questioned, a bit surprised.
" Yes, I definitely would. You can take all the time you need. ", Listener said, comfortingly.
(N/n) quickly hugged Listener, snuggling a bit into her curvy chest.
" Then, yes. I'm willing to be yours. ", (N/n) agreed, a smile returning to her face.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hello, have a Darkstalker Legends character! I hope I did well on her! :D

Published: Aug. 16th / 2022