Someone like me (Wren X reader)

Requested by: Owl_lamps / Rosemary619647

Wren X Shy, yet Strong! Gender-neutral! Scavenger! Reader

- - -

Key:

(S/n) - Scavenger name

(S/c) - Skin color

(H/c) - Hair color

(E/c) - Eye color

- - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

☆ 3rd Person POV ☆

(S/n) took a deep breath, the fresh air filling their lungs. The sunlight felt soft and warm upon their (s/c) skin. The grass crunched under their furred boots as they took a stroll through the forest near their village. A small dagger was sheathed in a leather pouch at their side, only for self defense, of course.

Soon, they encounter this huge pale orange shape. Following their curious nature, they peered closer to the shape. Upon closer inspection, they realized they were looking at a dragon. A mountain dragon at that. (S/n)'s (e/c) widened as they played all the possibilities in their mind.

However, as they froze, the dragon spotted them. He was curious, his pale blue gaze was gentle.
" Stay back! ", (S/n) exclaimed, revealing their dagger.
The dragon recoiled and tried his best to calm them down.
" Wait, you're friendly? ", (S/n) asked, lowering their weapon.
The dragon nodded, as if he could understand their words.

" Oh, I'm sorry, dragon. I'm still not used to friendly dragons. ", (S/n) apologized.
The mountain dragon responded with growls in a very forgiving tone.
" Get away from him! ", A voice suddenly shouted.

(S/n) twisted their head around to see another human, running towards them.
" You get away from Sky! ", She shouted with her own weapon in head.
Just before she reached them, the dragon put his wing out, separating the other human and (S/n).

" Sky! Why are you defending them! They're attacking you! ", The human shouted at the dragon.
'Sky' argued with growls, peering down at her.
" What do you mean they mean no harm? They clearly have a weapon on them! ", She argued.
Sky spoke back with more growls and he seemed quite firm on his words.
" Fine, Sky. I'll try to be reasonable with them. ", She hesitantly agreed, rolling her tree-bark colored eyes.

Sky then retracted his pale orange wing. The human went over to (S/n), with a serious expression.
" So, why are you are? ", She asked them, while having her hand upon her weapon.
" I was just walking through the forest. The village is close by. I thought for a little adventure, you know? ", (S/n) answered, honestly.
" And about the sharp dagger? ", She questioned, eyeing the weapon.
" I brought it for self defense. I thought I might as well have something to defend myself if it came to that. ", (S/n) stated.

" Oh, that makes sense. Sorry for attacking you. I thought you were going to hurt Sky. ", She apologized, realizing the situation.
" That's alright. I didn't know that your friend was friendly either. ", (S/n) admitted.
Both snickered a bit at what is going on.

" So, what's your name? I'm (S/n). ", (S/n) introduced.
" I'm Wren and has you know, this is Sky, my best friend. ", Wren admitted.
" Well, It's really nice to meet you. I've never seen someone be best friends with a dragon before. ", (S/n) told her with a smile.
" Yeah, that's actually a funny story, if you'd like to hear it. ", Wren offered.

After Wren told (S/n) about her and Sky's story, they quickly hung out. Wren shared some food with them to make up her actions. Which, they quickly ate up, side by side.

A strong friendship immediately blossomed between the two humans. Sky observed everything with a blissful dragonet-like grin. He was greatly happy watching his best friend be so happy.

When the night reached the horizon, it was time for (S/n) to leave. However, they did something that Wren would never expect. (S/n) decided to tag along with her and Sky. Wren was so happy, so she quickly agreed to let (S/n) stay with them.

- Timeskip -

Stars flecked all over the night sky like white dots on a painting. A smell of a campfire drafted through the area. The fire's bright flames lit up Wren's skin, (S/n)'s (s/n) skin and Sky's pale orange scales.

It has been many moons from when (S/n) joined Wren and Sky. Many adventures they have both shared. Over this time, feelings for (S/n) grew inside Wren's heart. She just couldn't wait to confess to them.

(S/n) popped a small berry in their mouth while their (e/c) eyes were one the warm warms of the flame. Wren was watching them closely. She glanced at their (h/c) hair and had an impulse to run her fingers through it. It did appeared super soft and silky, anyhow.

" Hey, (S/n)? ", Wren prompted, hoping to get their attention.
" Yes? ", (S/n) asked, turning their (s/c) head and moved their (e/c) eyes over to her.
" Could I tell you something? ", She asked.
" Sure! What is it? ", (S/n) agreed.

Wren told a deep breath, in and out. She had the chance to tell them. It was the time she had been yearning for.

" I've been keeping something from you for a while. It's not bad, but I need to get it off my chest. I have feelings for you, romantic feelings specifically. I've finally found someone like me, who loves dragons, just like I do. Plus, you're so sweet as well. You're just the apple of my eye. I might be in love with you. ", Wren confessed, fiddling with her fingers and a bit of her fluffy dark brown hair.

Suddenly, (S/n) took a deep sigh of relief.
" I'm so glad you made the first move. I would've never been able to push myself to tell you. ", (S/n) confessed.
" So, you feel the same? You love me too? ", Wren questioned.
" Yes, I do. ", (S/n) confirmed with a soft smile.

" Well, if we both love each other, may I kiss you? ", Wren asked, peering at their lips.
" Yes, you may. ", (S/n) stated, with a nod.

With that, Wren placed her lips on theirs, pressing them together. Both felt fireworks go off in their hearts.

- Extra scene! :D -

" Awwww, you to are in love, huh? ", Sky cooed.
" Yeah, we are! ", Wren barked, sticking her tongue out at him.
(S/n) just giggled, not understanding what Sky had said but thought it was funny anyways.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

First human reader! :D

I hope you enjoy this soft fluff!

Also, I apologize if I might jump around and finish oneshots in a different order than usual. I'm going to go easy and write the ones where I have motivation to do so. So, if I'm not motivated to write your request, I didn't forget it, I'm only putting it off to the side for the time being. I still wish to write, but it's a bit difficult when there's a lack of motivation. Just thought I would state that now.

Consider this a slight break, if you will. I won't quit writing like no, but I'll be hopping from one to another. I also recently realized how many requests I'm getting. And like there's a LOT. It's slightly overwhelming, but with this temporary easy method, I believe I could get more writing finished. I don't mind requests, but I do got a lot on my plate. So, still request, please!

But yes, with that out of the way, I hope you understand and that you still enjoy my writing! :)

Published: Dec. 23rd / 2022