Peaceful times (Commander Shark X reader)

Requested by: InsanitySevenfold67

Commander Shark X Female! Shy! MudWing! Reader

- - -

Key:

(M/n) - MudWing name

(S/c) - Scale color

(E/c) - Eye color

- - -

☆ 3rd Person POV ☆

After the war concluded, The MudWings and SeaWings started to interact positively. They now share resources using trade.

Commander Shark is still quite hostile to MudWings. He still disagreed with his sister's decision to ally with them. They argue about this topic often.

This started to change when Shark met a certain beautiful MudWing that made his mind.

- - -

♤ Shark's POV ♤

I flicked my ear and I scanned our new 'trading ports' at the MudWing border. Even though Coral and Moorhen declared this patch of territory 'peaceful', I still tend to patrol this spot for aggressive MudWings.

Then, I spot a MudWing coming up to the dock. She has creates and barrels beside and behind her. I slit my gaze a bit at her as she came closer to the edge of the dock. She was also looking behind me. I turned around to see a SeaWing cargo boat and I dunk myself underneath the water's surface.

As the boat reached the doc, I surfaced carefully to watch that MudWing. I silt my eyes as she came onto the boat, near the SeaWing who was on the boat. She was only loading materials onto the boat but, there is always a possibility where she could attack the SeaWing.

As the last one was loaded, She smiled at the SeaWing and said something to them. Then, She got off the boat. She waved at the SeaWing as the boat set sail towards the rebuilding of the Summer palace.

I kept watching the MudWing until she was out of sight and into her own territory. Then, I swam back further into the Kindom of the Sea.

- Timeskip -

I've been watching this MudWing for quite a while now. She is always the one that loads creates and barrels into the SeaWing boats. She actually seems kind of cute but, It's forbidden and frankly, dishonoring of me. I should push these alien-like feelings away. Especially because they are for a different tribed dragon, especially for the ex-enemy, the MudWings.

In a panicked flail, I shot back to my quarters in the deep palace.

When I got back, I checked my schedule. It was blank so I sighed in a slightly relieved way. I layed down on my seaweed bed and tried to think all of this through.

- Another long timeskip -

The MudWing queen is visiting the summer palace currently. I believe she is on her way at this very moment. I turn my ear to the sound of wingbeats. I was on the highest floor waited for them.

Coral and Queen Moorhen appeared first. Then, Some other MudWings and one that I recognize immediately it's her.

♧ (M/n)'s POV ♧

I recognize that SeaWing. He watches me sometimes when I help transport materials onto the ship. He looks quite strong for a SeaWing. I'm not sure about him but he seems quite handsome.

Queen Coral turns to Queen Moorhen and motions to me.
" So, Why'd you bring her again? She doesn't seem like one of your soldiers. ", She asked.
" She is one of my nieces. Her name is (M/n). And I'm bringing her because one of my siblings really cares about her. And you know, siblings are really important. ", Queen Moorhen explained.
" Interesting. ", Queen Coral said. I turned over to that SeaWing again. He stared at me with his colorless eyes then shook his head and turned to the ground. I giggled at him. He's kinda cute actually.

- Long Timeskip -

☆ 3rd Person POV ☆

After many months, (M/n) and Shark have gotten closer. Shark is still quite hesitant about his feelings, but he's starting to break. (M/n) has also fallen for Shark. His reactions are the cutest thing to her.

(M/n) smiled at the light blue flower in her talon. She had gotten it from a RainWing friend of hers. She spotted Shark waiting for her on the doc. Her pace gained a bit of speed as she came up to him. As he spotted the flower, his ears flicked slightly in surprise. Then, He gave her a slight confused look. She gestured for him to lower his head. He obeyed her hesitantly. After she was finished, Shark raised his head again. He felt something odd in the middle of his right horn and ear. It was that flower.

His face flushed as he stared back at her. Her (E/c) eyes shined as she giggled at him. Shark admired her gorgeous looking (S/c) in the light for a moment. Then, He shook his head and turned away from her, still flustered by the current situation.
" Awww, Come on! Please look at me! ", She begged him, being more confident than usual. Shark just huffed again and shut his eyes tighter.
" Please? ", (M/n) asked in a small voice. Shark sighed and turned back to her. Her pupils expanded as she looked into his eyes. Shark slid the flower off and gazed deeply at it. He then put it behind (M/n)'s right ear. (M/n)'s (S/c) flushed a red shade. He just snickered slightly.

After a couple of years, They got married. Moray was hesitant about her new step mom, but learned to accept it with some encouragement from Queen Coral. Also, (M/n) was given a bracelet by Anemone was in enchanted so (M/n) could breathe underwater and live in the deep palace with Shark.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I think I've gone a bit out of character for Commander Shark but I didn't have much to work with since he only appears in The Lost Heir (but is mentioned in two other books). But, I thought it would be kinda cute.

Also I'm just gonna guess that Queen Moorhen is like 30 in dragon years. And that Shark is about 20 in dragon years and so is the reader. So, Everything could make sense. Like 'adult' isn't something you could really work off of. But, I did kinda use Queen Coral's age a bit as a reference for Shark because they're siblings.

Published: Dec. 3rd / 2021