All Hallows' Eve (Cricket X Reader)

Cricket X Playful! Gender-neutral! LeafWing! Reader

- - -

Key:

(L/n) - LeafWing name

(S/c) - Scale color

(E/c) - Eye color

- - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

☆ 3rd Person POV ☆

Bumblebee buzzed her small insect wings as she slithered into her costume. The yellow and black fluff rested softly against her scales, keeping her warm. She chirped in happiness has she fooled around in it, spinning around.

Cricket gasped with a smile on her face as she spotted Bumblebee with her very childish happiness. When the tiny HiveWing dragonet spotted her adoptive mother, she sprinted over to Cricket, excitedly, wagging her tail happily like a puppy dog. She bounced as she showed Cricket her bumblebee costume.

" I be me! ", She squeaked.
" You're so cute! ", Cricket squeaked, picking Bumblebee up in her buttercup yellow talons.
Cricket cuddled into Bumblebee for a couple of moments.

After Cricket pulled away, Bumblebee looked at her with a confused expression.
" Ty? ", Bumblebee asked, titling her head to the side.
" No, no, it's not time yet. ", Cricket informed, shaking her head.
" Grrrrrrm. ", Bumblebee huffed, crossing her talons in frustration.
" I know, but we have to wait. ", Cricket told her, rubbing her head affectionately.
Bumblebee allowed Cricket's caressing and fell limp in her embrace.
" I love you. ", Cricket cooed to the tiny dragonet.

However, both didn't know someone was watched them. (E/c) eyes gazed upon the two HiveWings, (s/c) scales tensing up, ready to strike their target. It was silent for a moment, before they shot out of the darkness.

" Rahhhh!!! ", They exclaimed, their (s/c) talons in a defensive position.
" Ahhhhh! ", Cricket shouted, jumping at the sudden spook.
Then, they all burst into giggly laughter.
" Oh you! ", Cricket chuckled, elbowing (L/n).
" Hey, I'm just in the season! I love Halloween! ", (L/n) exclaimed with a bright, childish smile.
" I know! ", Cricket replied.

" I'm having so much fun! Hehehe! ", (L/n) giggled.
" You're as excited as Bumblebee is! You guys are so adorable! ", Cricket stated, smiling.
" Aren't you going to wear a costume? ", (L/n) asked, hopeful.
" Well, I didn't have one planned. ", Cricket admitted, averting her Hazel brown eyes.
" Would you like me to help? ", (L/n) offered, their (e/c) eyes wide.
" I assume you have something planned out? ", Cricket questioned.
" Yeah, I always do. ", (L/n) giggled.

(L/n) gestured Cricket and she followed them. The excited (s/c) LeafWing brought out paints in shades of green, red, white and brown. They then began to paint Cricket's yellowish orange scales. While waiting, Cricket began to get restless. She started to bounce on her talons a bit, out of consistent habit.

" Why don't you tell me what you know about Halloween? I know you could help me learn some new facts. ", (L/n) suggested, trying to distract her in a friendly way.
" Oh! Yes! I have learned some facts about this holiday from some of my books! ", She exclaimed, excitedly.
" I knew you would. ", (L/n) chuckled, smiling.

" Did you know that Jack-o-lanterns were originally made with turnips instead of pumpkins? ", Cricket exclaimed.
" Yeah, why is that? ", (L/n) asked, focused on their plant marks.
" It's based off of an old folks tale. There was this LeafWing named Stingy Jack. He is forced to roam Pantala at night after making a deal with an evil spirit. He had only a carved out turnip and an ignited coal to guide his way. And that's where the tradition came from. ", She informed, feeling great.
" You're so smart! ", They giggled as they finished painting.

" What am I? ", She asked, titling their head.
" I'll show you! ", They stated, revealing a mirror to her, uncovering her own reflection.

The mirror showing a zombified version of Cricket. Her buttercup yellow talons were streaked with pale green and deep red patches. The red patched contained white strokes, representing bones. She smiled at the mirror, very pleased with her lover's extraordinary artistic work. She growled at her reflection, attempting to look threatening, however she only burst in laughter.

Bumblebee then tumbled into the room, flicking her wings and talons, jittering with rapid excitement.
" Go now! ", She shouted, becoming very impatient.
(L/n) glanced at the window, the sky was dark. Cricket sighed and looked at Bumblebee.
" Fine, fine, we can go. ", Cricket chuckled, gliding over to the dragonet.
" Chickacrit! ", Bumblebee exclaimed, excitedly.
" Trick or Treat. ", Cricket corrected.
" Chickacrit. ", Bumblebee argued, puffing out her cheeks and chest.

" I had a grat tim when I was chickacrit. I had las avi macup on my fas. ", (L/n) whispered to themselves.
" What? ", Cricket questioned, looking at them.
" Nothing! ", They stated.
Cricket shrugged, but she swore she heard the (s/c) LeafWing giggle at themselves.

" Ready to go? ", Cricket asked, looking down at Bumblebee.
" Ya! ", The tiny dragonet shouted, holding her pumpkin shaped basket.
" I bet you are too. ", Cricket stated, referring to her very playful lover.
" Sure am! ", (L/n) barked.

They all drifted out the door. Jack-o-lanterns lit up their path, with their soft orange tinted candlelight. Small, rich lights in colors of orange, dark green and deep purple also aided on lighting their path. (L/n) admired every bit they spotted, observing all they could with their (e/c) eyes. This was their favorite time of the year, after all.

" Snudoo? ", Bumblebee asked, looking at Cricket.
" Oh, I'm not sure. I don't know if she's coming out to tonight. ", Cricket told her, honestly.
" I bet she and Willow are wearing costumes though. ", (L/n) stated, confidently.
" Sundew would probably be a werewolf. ", Cricket guessed.
" No way, Sundew would be a Vampire. Willow would be the werewolf. ", (L/n) argued.
" I thought it would be the other way around. ", Cricket stated, giving them a lost look.
" Trust me. Willow would be the werewolf. She's not all pretty and soft. Sundew has told me. Sundew would let Willow be the werewolf. ", (L/n) went on.
" If you say so. ", Cricket shrugged, not totally believing them.

Soon, Bumblebee began to rush ahead of them at full speed that her tiny talons could take her.
" Hey wait! ", Cricket exclaimed, rushing after her.
(L/n) giggled and soon bounded towards both of them with a bright smile upon their (s/c) face.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Have this year's Halloween special!
I couldn't resist making a second Halloween themed oneshot. There's so fun, like seriously.

But anyway, I hope you enjoy and happy Halloween!

Published: Oct 31st, 2022