Manly in your own way (Clay X reader)

Requested by: HYPERFOXXXX

Clay X Calm and Sweet! Feminine! Male! MudWing! Reader

- - -

Key:

(M/n) - MudWing name

(S/c) - Scale color

(E/c) - Eye color

(S/n) - Sister name (younger)

(F/m) - Favorite Meat

- - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

☆ 3rd Person POV ☆

(M/n) hugged his younger sister, (S/n), within his (s/c) wing, tightly. After letting go, (M/n) had a calm and comforting smile upon his face.

" I hope you have a great time here! ", (M/n) expressed.

" I will! I'll make sure of it! ", (S/n) giggled.

Then, (S/n) began to run towards the entrance.

" Make sure to write! ", (M/n) shouted after them.

" I won't forget! Don't worry! ", (S/n) yelled behind her shoulder.

(M/n) chuckled, wrapping his (s/c) wings back into himself. His (e/c) eyes were on her until they fully slipped inside the school's sturdy entrance. However, after she left, he felt a twinge of sadness flick through him.

" Are you alright? ", A voice asked.

(M/n) shifted his (e/c) eyes over to the origin of the voice. Which happened to be a warm brown MudWing, who was approaching him.

" Yes, I am. I just miss her so much already and she just left. ", (M/n) admitted.

" MudWings do have a strong connection to our sibs. So, I understand. I still miss some of my siblings that still live in the Mud Kingdom. ", The other MudWing stated.

(M/n) then chuckled in agreement.

" Yeah, we do. Hey, kind stranger, what's your name? ", (M/n) asked.

" I'm Clay, what's yours? ", Clay introduced.

" I'm (M/n), pleasured to meet you. ", (M/n) stated, with a smile.

Soon, the two MudWings became close friends, connecting with each other. Examples being their tribes, and their connection to their sibs. They chatted quite often.

- Timeskip -

(M/n) sighed deeply, his (s/c) wings droopy and his (e/c) eyes heavy. His body felt so slouchy, as if he was a statue that is about to collapse into a million, small stone pieces. He looked at the grass that was curling around his (s/c) talons with a blank, yet down expression.

Then, sounds of wing-beats followed by heavy, yet soft talonsteps filled his ears. He turned his (s/c) scaled head and drifted his (e/c) towards the source. It was Clay at was approaching the saddened MudWing with a concerned expression across his face.

" (M/n)? Are you alright? I've been looking for you everywhere. ", Clay asked as he reached (M/n)'s (s/c) side.

" Oh, hey... Clay. ", (M/n) sighed.

" What's gotten you so down? ", Clay questioned, his warm brown eyes were full of concern for (M/n).

" It's not important... ", (M/n) insisted.

" You know I care about you a lot, right? You can tell me. ", Clay reminded, with a sweet and reassuring smile across his warm mud-colored snout. 

" Alright, fine. It's my family. My father is pushing me to be more like him, or more manly as he says. And I am manly, but now, I don't know. Plus, with my sibs relying on me as their Bigwings, it's just a lot. I really don't want to let anyone down, you know? I love my family with my whole being, but now, I'm having doubts. ", (M/n) ranted, his (e/c) eyes almost tearing up.

Clay opened up his arms for a hug, which (M/n) accepted, pressing himself against Clay's scales.

" You know, you are amazing just the way you are. You shouldn't be some dragon you aren't. Tsunami always told me that as long as you try, you're going great. And for your father, you are manly, just in your own way. Nobody is the same, right? ", Clay comforted, holding (M/n) close in his arms and wrapping his wings around the both of them. 

" Thank you. ", (M/n) whispered, rubbing the small bit of tears away from his (e/c) eyes.

" Actually, I know what could cheer you up. How about tonight we go and eat some (f/m) together. I bet Tsunami could also bring in some fish as well. Perhaps some octopus too. But, I'm getting ahead of myself. Would you like to go tonight? ", Clay offered, almost drooling at the thought of all the food. 

" I would love to. ", (M/n) nodded, smiling again.

Soon, the three moons arose, painting Pyrrhia in their silvery light. (M/n) had arrived at the cave that Clay described, slipping inside. Clay was there, waiting, once he spotted (M/n), his warm eyes lit up, beckoning the (s/c) MudWing over to sit across from him.

Once (M/n) sat down, he quickly noticed all the food, especially the big helping of (f/m) in front of him. 

" I made sure to wait before I could food anything. It was very difficult, but I made sure to try. ", Clay confessed, lightly taking a cow leg from the table, while keeping his eyes on (M/n).

(M/n) laughed, smiling. He took a bit of (f/m) and began to eat.

After minutes of eating, a SeaWing came to check on the two MudWings. She was easily recognized to be Tsunami.

" So, how are you two lovebirds doing? ", Tsunami teased with a cheek smirk on her snout.

" Lovebirds? ", (M/n) asked, feeling a blush appear on his (s/c) cheeks as he shallowed some of his food. 

" Well, yeah. This is obviously a date. ", Tsunami pointed out.

" Clay? ", (M/n) gestured, looking over to the MudWing that sat across from him.

Clay was looking away, seeming quite embarrassed, blushing as well. 

" Are you both to thick-skulled to say anything? Come on Clay, tell him, you idiot. ", Tsunami expressed.

" Alright, fine. Just don't lecture me like Starflight would. ", Clay sighed, laughing a little at the situation.

" I like you, (M/N). Like a lot. And more than a friend or a sib. I would like to be more than a friend to you, more than a best friend. I was thinking if you would like to be my boyfriend? I understand if you don't feel the same way, but I suppose it is the time to tell you. ", Clay confessed, having a loving look in his eyes. 

" R-really? Me? Are you sure? ", (M/n) seemed somewhat flabbergasted.

" Well, of course! You are so sweet, and nice, and calm, and just anything that I could ask for. I love you, for you. I won't change you for the world. ", Clay confirmed, nodding.

" Well, I wouldn't mind being your boyfriend in the slightest. I love that you are really sweet too. I just wasn't expecting for you to like me back. So, what I'm saying is, yes, I would love to be your boyfriend. ", (M/n) expressed, feeling his heart pound in his (s/c) chest.

" See, lovebirds. ", Tsunami commented before leaving the room, so the lovers could be alone.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Take another oneshot! I'll continue attempting to publish more before my break ends on Jan. 2nd.

Also, if the story seems a bit off. This has a combination of old and new writing. So, it might seem a bit funky.

(Published: Dec. 27th / 2023)