Royal opposites (Arctic X reader)

Requested by: YellonotJelo

Prince! Arctic X Female! Princess! NightWing! Reader

- - -

Key:

(N/n) - NightWing name

(S/c) - Scale color

(E/c) - Eye color

(F/g) - Favorite gem

- - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

☆ 3rd Person POV ☆

Princess (N/n) was put on the mission of negotiating pace with the IceWings by her mother, Queen Vigilance. (N/n) was the second oldest princess in the Night Kingdom. She sparkled with bits of jewelry imbedded with (f/g). Her mother approved since she needed her daughter to look pretty for the IceWings. Or as it would be called 'pretty privilege'.

The (s/c) NightWing princess was accompanied by Starclaws and Discretion. They arrived in the Ice Kingdom way faster than they excepted. (N/n) was slightly fascinated by the twinkling snow that spread across the landscape, however she didn't show it because it would make her seem like a playful dragonet.

The meeting dome was just up ahead. Princess (N/n) was the first to land and slide into the dome. She spotted Queen Diamond looking at her with a cold, sharp gaze. (N/n) quickly felt a twinge of intimidation, she kept her expression neutral as to not express too much emotion to royalty like herself. She gave a small bow with her neck and head to greet the IceWing queen.

" Greetings, your majesty. I am Princess (N/n), second daughter to Queen Vigilance. I hope our stay is welcome and I hope we may come an agreement between our kingdoms. ", (N/n) greeted, remembering her practice reciting the paragraph.
" My, someone knows how to greet a queen. ", Diamond retorted.

After hearing that comment, (N/n) decided to space out to not listen to this snob. Then, she excused herself and slipped outside, lots of stuff like this bored her quite a bit, plus she needed fresh air.

The snow felt cool under her (s/c) talons. The enchanted bracelet on her left talon kept her warm, even in the blistering cold of the kingdom. Her (e/c) pupils dilated as she stared at the snow below her. She scooped a portion of snow with her talon. She heard it crunch as she enhanced her grip on it. Then, she let it fall to the ground once more. She thought about what it would taste like when she heard wingbeats that were getting closer and louder as they approached her.

She flicked her (s/c) neck upwards and stared at the blue, cloudy sky. She squinted her (e/c) eyes as she looked for the origin of the wingbeats. Quickly, she spotted two IceWings flying in her direction.

The IceWings were both silvery white. One had a silver chain around her neck, the other had earrings dangling from his ears, each different from the other. The one with the silver chain is the first to land.

She didn't even glance at (N/n) and slipped inside the dome. However, the other IceWing glanced at her. They made eye contact. The IceWing froze in place for a moment. He stared at (N/n) with a bit of affection in his piercing blue eyes. The other IceWing barked at him to come inside. He growled at her for a moment. Then, he gave (N/n) one last glance, bowed his head a bit and slipped inside the dome. Also, as he walked inside, (N/n) spotted a light blue shade on his silvery cheeks and nose.
' Oh, my. This one is going to me a fun one. I just know it. ', (N/n) snickered to herself, a smirk appearing on her face.

- Timeskip -

It has been almost a week since (N/n) had arrived. She and Arctic have become close during the time being. Princess (N/n) was almost dreading going back home as she would have to leave the charming IceWing prince.

(N/n) played in her bed, frowning at her thoughts. A blanket curled over her (s/c) body and wings. Her head weighed heavy in her talons. She couldn't sleep at all. She only heard the distant snores of her companions, Starclaws and Discretion, and the soft, yet cold breeze coming from outside.

' Come on, pretty boy. I'm waiting for you. ', (N/n) thought hopefully, sighing deeply.
As if the prince was a NightWing mind-reader, he appeared in her room through a wall. (N/n) had jumped back a bit, being startled seeing someone just clip through a wall.

" Why hello, handsome ~ ", She cooed.
Arctic just shook his head and sighed.
" Come on, I need to show you something. Follow me if you will. ", He told her with a serious tone.
" But won't someone see us? ", (N/n) asked, quickly and quietly.
" No, Watch this. ", He said, stepping back a bit.

Then, he twisted his left talon, clockwise. To (N/n) surprise, the IceWing prince disappeared without a trance of him. A confused expression appeared on her face. She then felt a grip on her talon. She looked down and she tensed up, seeing nothing there.
" There, as long as we're both quiet. Then, no one will know. ", Arctic's voice told her.
" That's actually quite smart. Also, kinda scary at the same time. ", (N/n) told him with a quiet laugh.

After a small walk, a cave appeared in sight.
" Alright, do you trust me? ", Arctic asked her, out of nowhere.
" Of course, I do. ", (N/n) replied.
" Alright then, close your eyes please. ", He ordered.
(N/n) shut her eyes tightly. She let Arctic guide her forward. As she left cold stone under her talons, she had the urge to open her eyes. She fought that urge the best best could. She did trust him, she wanted to show him that she can be trusted too.

(N/n) felt Arctic's cold talon pull off of her (s/c) scales.
" Don't open them yet. ", Arctic said, playfully.
" Alrighty, prince charming ~ ", (N/n) teased, smiling.
" Flirty princess ~ ", Arctic retorted.

After a couple of quiet moments, (N/n) was just itching to see what Arctic had to show her.
" Okay, now open them. ", He told her.
She opened her (e/c) eyes to see the IceWing prince smiling at her. He flicked his head and neck forwards. The NightWing princess's gaze went to where he was gesturing to. She blinked, again not believing what she is witnessing with her own eyes.

The cave walls glittered with gems of all colors. (N/n) quickly noticed that a majority of the gems were of (f/g).
' He noticed! ', Her mind chirped.

After gazing around like a happy little dragonet, (N/n) felt Arctic's talons around her claws once more. Her (e/c) gaze retreated to his piercing blue ones. His eyes sparkled like the gems upon the cave claws.

" Princess (N/n). I have something I need to confess. ", He admitted.
She gave him a loving nudge, confirming him to continue.
" I love you. You're so, so beautiful. I can't ever get you out of my head. It's like you have enchanted me with your animus powers. I don't get how you're so wonderful. It just confuses me to my core. I always believed that I would have to love a blank-faced IceWing noble, only to make sure that I passed on my animus powers to my heirs. But now, I know I just can't have that life now. Because of you. You've changed my whole look on this world. Even if we're both trapped by rules and exceptions, you can see many things behind it. I want you to show me. Show me what I never would've dreamed of, if it wasn't for you. ", He confessed, his heart pounding in his chest making his cheeks a deep blue.

A smile immediately appeared on (N/n)'s face. A soft blush rested upon her (s/c) cheeks. She simply pressed her snout into his neck and snuggled into him.
" I love you too, you sappy prince. I'll go to the ends of Pyrrhia for you. ", She admitted with content, knowing she had finally found her one and only life partner.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hey, look at that. The infamous couple of Foeslayer and Prince Arctic, right after one another. Nice.

But anyway, I hope this request is alright. Enjoy this :)

Published: July 27th, 2022