Ice built over the heart (Winter X reader)

Requested by: Ilikedragonsbro

Winter X Loving and Intelligent! Male! IceWing! Guard! Reader

- - -

Key:

(I/n) - IceWing name

(S/c) - Scale color

(E/c) - Eye color

(F/g) - Favorite gem

- - -

- - - - -

Warnings: This oneshot contains themes of angst, blood, and main character unalive.

- - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

☆ 3rd Person POV ☆

A necklace's (f/g) tip gently clicked against the (s/c) soldier's cold scales. He took a deep breath as a kind smile fell upon his lips. He felt a mixture of nervousness and joy as he knew the important role he was given.

This soldier is named (I/n). Queen Glacier gave him the duty to protect her nephew and niece. Prince Winter and Princess Icicle, during their stay at Jade Mountain Academy. It was a very important job. (I/n) was honored to be given this opportunity, especially since he wasn't the highest of status IceWing.

(I/n) shook his head to clear the thoughts that filled his head. Winter stopped just before the door, with his head turned towards the (s/c) IceWing.
" Oh, my deepest apologies, your majesty! ", (I/n) expressed as he rushed to Winter's side.
" Well, I can't leave the only one who treats me with respect behind. ", Winter scoffed, holding a rigid and strong expression.

" Excuse me, Prince. But what is in that cage? ", (I/n) questioned while pointing at the item in Winter's claws with wide (e/c) eyes.
" This is my Scavenger. His name is Bandit. ", Winter informed.
" May I ask why you have this Scavenger? ", (I/n) asked, genuinely.
" He's my pet. ", Winter stated, in a firm tone.
" A pet Scavenger. My that sure is something. ", (I/n) commented.
" And no, you can't eat him. ", Winter huffed, out of the blue.
" I would never think of that, your majesty. I honestly think it's very interesting. Scavengers are quite fascinating creatures I would say. ", (I/n) informed, in a soft voice.
' Someone who understands? ', Winter thought, feeling his sharp exterior soften around him.

Soon, Winter began to get closer to his favorite IceWing, (I/n). Soon, Winter confessed to the (s/c) soldier. (I/n) accepted and returned his affections immediately.

" I swear to protect your heart as I do your scales. ", (I/n) promised, with a soft blue blush upon his cheeks.
" Also, you will keep this a secret, correct? ", Winter asked, firmly.
" Yes, as long as I have you and your heart, then I will obey your command. ", (I/n) stated, with a smile.
Winter then gave the (s/c) IceWing a small peck on the cheek. (I/n) put a talon to the spot and melted.

- Timeskip -

It was a typical day in the prey center. The usual commotion filled the two IceWings' ears. Winter held a large silver scaled fish in his talons, taking small bites out of it. (I/n) stood by him, holding his stance strong. (I/n)'s (e/c) eyes flicked over to Winter, every once in a while.

Icicle began to fly over to the stone ledge, where Winter and (I/n) were sitting. As she was landing, her spiked tail hit off a stalactite, causing it to come loose. (I/n) noticed this and sprung into action. He pushed the falling hazard away from the ledge and where it could land without harming anyone.