Catching up (Darkstalker X reader)

Requested by: midnight5444455

Darkstalker X Chill! Male! NightWing! Reader

- - -

Key:

(N/n) - NightWing name

(S/c) - Scale color

(E/c) - Eye color

(F/g) - Favorite gem

- - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

☆ 3rd Person POV ☆

A silver bracelet embedded with sparkling (f/g) held gently onto (N/n)'s (s/c) talon. He looked down at it, reminded of all those years ago. One of his best friends, Darkstalker, had given it to him almost two thousand years ago. Soon after he received his gift, he realized that Darkstalker had enchanted the bracelet with a spell of immortality.

(N/n) was unsure of the hybrid's motives, however he didn't mind. He observed the world, patiently, as it progressed through two thousand years. He had seen many things and he stayed as far as he could from the wars that had commenced. During this time, he looked for Darkstalker, however he had seemed to completely disappear from Pyrrhia entirely. Additionally, the same fate happened with Clearsight. It was strange to (N/n), however he didn't bother too much after a while. He should enjoy everything Pyrrhia as to offer, right?

(N/n) was currently residing at Jade Mountain. The principle, Sunny, a bright and happy hybrid, allowed (N/n) to stay if he would offer his services to help the students of the academy learn. (N/n) agreed to these terms, even if not fully confident in his teaching skills, he would try his best. He was glad to be of service.

He had his own cave inside the mountain. He curled his (s/c) tail around him. His wings were rapped in the warm orange light of the small torch that hung upon the stone wall. Scrolls were around him, some finished and unfinished. He tried his best to remember the old NightWing scrolls that have been lost to time. Starflight thought it would be a good addition to the narrow scroll selection of the school library.

Suddenly, the ground started to shake, violently. (N/n) was immediately startled, jumping up and flaring back his (s/c) wings. There was a loud crumbling sound heard, it pierced his ears, causing him to flatten them. Partly worried, he grabbed his torch and began to walk to the outside world, being quick on his (s/c) talons.

(N/n) couldn't believe his (e/c) eyes as he spotted a very familiar dark scaled dragon exploding out of Agate mountain. He was quickly sceptical about the whole situation.
' It can't be him. It's been two thousand years, he's gone, probably reduced to atoms by now. Did I accidentally eat a weird fruit from the RainWings? If you're not used to the effects, maybe this could happen. Or is this just a highly detailed dream like a nightmare which isn't nerve-racking? ', He questioned in his mind, looking out at the scene before him.

" My, my, an old friend ~ ", The mysterious mountain dragon suddenly cooed to (N/n).
The (s/c) male NightWing only looked at him, still questioning the question. It was definitely odd.

" Why don't you come over here and greet your old friend, Darkstalker? ~ ", The Dragon teased.
For further investigation, (N/n) came forward, walking with his (s/c) talons. Turns out, both of them were almost the same size. Guess both of them didn't stop growing after a certain point.

" Have you really returned? ", (N/n) asked Darkstalker, tilting his head.
" Indeed, I have. I'm so glad that I get to see you again. It's been too long really. ", Darkstalker stated, rolling his talons.
Darkstalker fully slipped outside of the mountain, flicking smaller boulders and rocks from his dark scales.

" He's your friend? ", Moon asked below the two massive dragons, looking confused at Darkstalker.
" Why, yes he is, Moon. One of my best friends. Now, I wish to catch up with him soon. ", He replied.
" Well, it'll be definitely a long story. ", (N/n) sighed in almost a joking manner.

- Timeskip -

It was been a while since the return of Darkstalker. (N/n) has stayed by his side the entire way. They've been having many friendly conversations along the way.

Now, Darkstalker and (N/n) are at the old NightWing Palace.

Darkstalker looked around in a happy, yet longing way at all the remains of this castle. Then, his eyes drifted to the (s/c) NightWing by his side. He observed as many features as he could before (N/n) would notice.

" I can feel your eyes on me. ", (N/n) observed.
" Is it bad? ~ ", Darkstalker cooed, snickering a bit in a playful way.
" What? ", (N/n) asked, a bit shocked, his (e/c) gaze on the hybrid now.

" Well, I mean. Have I ever told you that you were my other soulmate? ", Darkstalker questioned, out of the blue.
" Your other soulmate? Wasn't Clearsight your one and only love? ", (N/n) countered, in slight disbelief.
" She was my soulmate for a long while. Then, I realized that in more and more futures, you appeared. Some futures, we adopt dragonets and rule together. ", Darkstalker explained.

" Are you trying to tell me something? ~ ", (N/n) cooed, unexpectedly.
Darkstalker was the one to blush, his dark scales becoming a different shade.
" Yes, Would you be my one and only king? I wish to rule with you. We would be great kings. Ruling over our new kingdom. Our fellow NightWings will flourish under our rule. We would be all-powerful again! ", Darkstalker exclaimed.
" Well, I'm not so sure about all of that, but I wouldn't mind being yours. ", (N/n) replied, playfully.

- Timeskip -

The IceWings were suffering, due to Darkstalker's spell. (N/n) got word for it from Winter, the IceWing dragonet. Now, he wasn't pleased with his boyfriend and was ready to confront him.

(N/n) walked into his throne room, his (s/c) neck held high and his (e/c) eyes tense. Darkstalker was on his throne with his silver crown wrapped around his horns. He was surprised, but happy to see King (N/n).

" Ah! My lover boy! How are things? ", Darkstalker exclaimed in a friendly manner.
" We need to talk. ", (N/n) stated.
" Whatever do you mean? ", Darkstalker asked, a bit nervous now.
" The IceWings are suffering in their kingdom. I heard that this may be your doing. Can to explain? ", (N/n) explained, frustrated.

Darkstalker fell silent for a moment, then opened his mouth to speak.
" Wherever did you hear that from? ", He asked, trying the switch the subject.
" That is none of your concern. I would like to know if this is true. ", (N/n) firmly said, putting his talon down on this matter.
" Well, they deserve to suffer. ", Darkstalker growled, tensing up.
" What is your reasoning behind it? ", (N/n) questioned.
" It's his fault. ", Darkstalker snarled.
(N/n) tilted his head to the side a bit.
" My father. ", Darkstalker stated, in a more quiet voice.

(N/n) sighed and shook his head at his lover's actions.
" You need to let go of that. They have nothing to do with him. It's been two thousand years. You shouldn't make them suffer, due to your own suffering. That doesn't make too much sense. ", He lectured, slithering closer to the hybrid.
" But! ", Darkstalker shouted in protest.
" No, you need to go this. For me? ", (N/n) stated, giving Darkstalker the (e/c) eyes that he knew the hybrid couldn't resist.

Darkstalker looked deep into his (e/c) eyes. He soon felt pressure to give in. He sighed, knowing his boyfriend would win this round.
" Fine! ", He snapped, defeated as he whisked his talons, quickly undoing the spell.
(N/n) smiled, sweetly as he placed a small kiss on Darkstalker's cheek.
" Thank you ~ ", He cooed, shifting his (s/c) tail.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Have a Darkstalker request. I haven't done one of those in a bit, so I might be a bit rusty. However, I hope you enjoy it. :)

Published: Oct. 20th / 2022