Poor Sinner's Talon (Darkstalker & Reader)

Requested by: HYPERfoxxxx

Darkstalker X Gender-neutral! NightWing! Dragonet! Reader

- - -

Key:

(N/n) - NightWing name

(S/c) - Scale color

(E/c) - Eye color

(F/c) - Favorite color

(F/g) - Favorite gem

- - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

☆ 3rd Person POV ☆

Darkstalker was handing out powers to the NightWing when a small (s/c) dragonet appeared down at his dark talons. They appeared to be quite young, the oldest possibility being about one year old. They seemed pretty jovial as they looked up at Darkstalker with their wide (e/c) eyes.

" May I have a power? ", The small dragonet asked, politely.
" Yes, you may. What power do you desire? ", Darkstalker asked, calmly.
" I would like shape-shifting, I could do so much for everyone. ", The dragonet explained, excitedly
" Very well, come forth. Don't be shy ~ ", He beckoned.

The (s/c) dragonet came closer to the ancient, towering hybrid. Darkstalker put out his talon towards them. They place one of their (s/c) talons on his.
" Honestly, I like you, kid. What's your name? ", He told them, honestly.
" (N/n). ", The dragonet replied.
" (N/n)... Ah, such a fitting name, I must say. I can tell you that there's big futures for you on your path. ", He slithered, grinning.
" Big futures? ", (N/n) questioned, curiously.
" Yes, very big futures, do tell. ", He confirmed.

" Now, do you want to join my side? I could tell and guide you to your best futures. ", Darkstalker offered.
" Really? ", (N/n) questioned with stars twinkling in their wide (e/c) eyes.
" Yes, do you accept my offer? ", He asked.
(N/n) nodded with a happy and bright smile upon their (s/c) scaled face.
" Great, I can tell you that you will not regret taking this path. ", He stated with a toothy smile.

- Timeskip -

The shape-shifting (s/c) NightWing dragonet stayed close to Darkstalker's side. The hybrid constantly kept them under his starred wing, protectively. (N/n) looked up to Darkstalker, figuratively and physically.

As Darkstalker established the lost city of Night, he insisted to (N/n) to live with him. The (s/c) dragonet didn't object, they were even excited. Living with the new NightWing king was sure something.

Darkstalker gave them a large room, with even a small pool. He stated that those pools were put in as to please the SeaWing guests like Fathom. Their bed was large with comfy (f/c) pillows and soft, fluffy black blankets. They were delighted, immediately exploring the room with blissful, juvenile delight.

It was one day when (N/n) was drifting upon the pools surface, smiling wide. They held a SeaWing form, still keeping their (s/c) scales and (e/c) eyes. They were still getting used to their new power.

Darkstalker knocked on the door, immediately slithering inside the room.
" Darling? ", He asked, looked for them.
" Why, hello! ", (N/n) exclaimed, splashing with their strong, (s/c) SeaWing tail.
" Ah! ", He exclaimed, recoiling his large neck.

" Oh, it's you. You startled me a bit with that form. ", He admitted, relived.
" Why did I startle you? ", They questioned, not understanding.
" Well, Fathom was a SeaWing as I told you. Remembering his face in detail, not minding the color, I could mistake you for him. I don't trust SeaWings. ", He explained, honestly.
" Oh, sorry. ", They apologized, slipping out of the pool and turning back into their normal form.