Softer love (Burn X Reader)

Requested by: dragonner

Burn X Exiled! Gender-neutral! SkyWing! Reader

- -

Part 2 of "Tough love"

- -

- - -

Key:

(S/n) - SkyWing name

(S/c) - Scale color

(E/c) - Eye color

(F/m) - Favorite meat

- - -

- - - - -

Warnings: Mentions of Blood and Scars

- - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

☆ 3rd person POV ☆

After becoming Burn's one and only, (S/n)'s responsibilities have diminished. They were not being sent on many missions anymore. Burn tells them that she cares about them, even if she doesn't show it through her actions. Not too much blood got on their (s/c) talons anymore, even if they had the scars to show that they were completely capable of doing so.

(S/n) was mostly confined to the walls of the stronghold unless Burn states otherwise. It was pretty nice, actually. There were many SandWings scuffling about, so they weren't completely alone. The food made by the cooks were quite the fine SandWing dining. Even if it wasn't (S/n) complete forte, it was the most premium that the desert kingdom had to offer.

Now, (S/n) was curled up in their and Burn's shared room. Soft blankets wrapped their (s/c) talons and wings in a gentle covering. It was particularly early morning, the first sunlight rays grazing upon the vast desert sand and its dunes.

The (s/c) SkyWing groaned and shifted, slowly opening their (e/c) eyes. Their head felt heavy, not wanting to leave the pillow's warm and gentle embrace. They stretched their strong muscles out, extending their (s/c) talons and wings. However, they didn't feel Burn next to them. Immediately, they got a wave of a lonely feeling. But, they refused to leave the bed, it was way too comfy to exit from.

Not soon after, they heard the creak of the door opening. The light from the outside blinded their (e/c) eyes for a moment, not being used to the sudden light change. However, they sensed a figure drifting towards their still half asleep form.

A stream of warm breath grazed over their (s/c) scales upon their neck.
" Open your pretty eyes, my little SkyWing ~ ", Burn's voice cooed in their ear.
" Five more minutes! ", (S/n) groaned in a slight playful way.
" Not gonna happen. ", Burn teased, biting their ear lightly.
" Oh, come on. ", They growled, jokingly.

They lifted their head to meet Burn's warm, obsidian eyes. When raised, a rich smell of (f/m) drifted into their nostrils, filling their nose with the intoxicating, hypnotizing fragrance.
" You didn't! ", (S/n) exclaimed.
" I can't resist my ever churning urge to spoil you. ", Burn chuckled.

In Burn's talon, layed a tray with fresh, cooked (f/m) on top. (S/n) mouth began to water, just itching for a savory taste.
" Well? I got it for you. ", Burn ushered, flicking her eyes between the meat and her mate.
(S/n) grinned and grabbed the (f/m) in their (s/c) talons tightly. They ripped into it, swiftly devouring it with their sharp teeth. Burn just smiled as she watched them happily tear into their prey.

" I just love watching you eat ~ ", Burn told them.
" You're so weird! ", They shouted, between mouthfuls.
" Am I now? ~ ", Burn growled, playfully.

The tough SandWing got on top of them, roughing around, snickering the entire time.
" Get off of me! ", (S/n) exclaimed, between giggles.
Burn pulled herself upwards, but didn't remove her talons from their (s/c) scaled sides.
" You better not tell anyone of this side of me, you hear me? ", Burn snarled, half jokingly.
" Yes Ma'am! ", They saluted as a solider would to a proper general.
" Good, you're such a good SkyWing, you know that? ", She praised, squishing her scared snout in theirs.

A deep crimson shade brushed across their (s/c) cheeks.
" No matter how much I tease you, you're still so fun to play with. ", She observed.
Slowly, she got off of them and slithered onto to the ground, facing the doorway.
" Are you leaving? ", (S/n) asked, their (e/c) eyes widening.
" Unfortunately, It's not easy being in this war, but I enjoy it. It's difficult needing to leave you every morning, however I always know that I will return to you. ", She informed, in a strong tone.
(S/n) whined a bit, looking down.

Burn turned to face them once more. She gently planted a kiss on their (s/c) cheek, filling them with that blissful feeling.
" You enjoy yourself now ~ ", Burn told them.
They nodded to her with a wide grin.
" I'll try. ", They stated.
" Goodbye, my love. I will return as soon as I can. ", She confirmed, closing the door behind her.

(S/n) relaxed their muscles and their (s/c) head fell back down on the soft and comfy pillow.
' Who could imagine that one of the most dangerous and scariest dragons in all of Pyrrhia would be so sweet? ', They blissfully thought, closing their (e/c) eyes, swimming deeply in their levitating feeling.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

An easy and short idea, but I hope this makes a good, fluffy oneshot.

Enjoy some more of a soft Burn <3

Published: Oct. 30th / 2022