Let's be unprofessional (Deathbringer X reader)

Requested by: xMcSalty

Deathbringer X Female! Assassin! IceWing! Reader

- - -

Key:

(I/n) - IceWing name

(S/c) - Scale color

(E/c) - Eye color

- - -

- - - - -

Warnings: Some blood and mentions of unalive.
Also, it is quite flirty, so it might be a bit suggestive in a way.
(Idek if I needed a warning for the last part, imma put it anyways)

- - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

☆ 3rd person POV ☆

(I/n) was sent on a assassination mission by Queen Glacier. She was stationed by Blaze's stronghold with the other IceWings. It was rumored that the dragonets of destiny were traveling to the Ice Kingdom next. However, it wasn't the dragonets that the (s/c) IceWing was tasked to kill, no. It was the NightWing's infamous main assassin, Deathbringer.

Due to the rumor, Deathbringer was most likely going to slither around Blaze's stronghold to order to assassinate the dragonets. So, Queen Glacier assigned the main IceWing assassin, (I/n), for the job of assassinating the NightWing first before he could reach the dragonets or at the very least before he could kill any of the dragonets.

The (s/c) IceWing was currently hidden in the white, fluffy snow. Her (e/c) eyes were sharp and staring at the dark and starry sky, watching for her opponent to arrive. When she spotted a patch of moving stars, she knew it was him.

She crept closer to him along paths of super packed snow that wouldn't reveal her talonsteps. She held her (s/c) neck and head low to the ground to blend in with the snow as she slowly slithered closer to her NightWing prey. Her (e/c) eyes narrowed as a fire was lit by the enemy assassin, adjusting to the new introduced light.

(I/n) waited in a spot where she could watch Deathbringer without being discovered. She was almost completely silent and totally still. Her breathing was inaudible against the arctic wind as if she wasn't even present.

She observed everything about Deathbringer while she waited. She instantly noticed the pouch around the NightWing's neck.
' It's where he keeps his weapons. And judging by how the pouch seems weighted, the weapons are most likely light and easy to throw. So, I must be quick and effective. Otherwise, he might strike me with his own special attacks. ', Her mind noted.

She waited until his guard was down before she slithered in for the kill. She slowly crept out for her hiding spot until she was close enough to kill him swiftly. When she was in the perfect position, she launched herself off of her back (s/c) legs and pounced onto Deathbringer. Her (s/c) talon was wrapped firmly around his neck, where a essential arterity was located.

Deathbringer's dark eyes were wide as he looked up at the (s/c) IceWing pinning him down on the group. Suddenly, a smirk fell on his face. (I/n) gave him a confused look. Then, quickly shook it off. Assassin's should suppress their emotions during missions after all.

" This is it, NightWing. ", She growled at him.
" This it tho? ", He smugly replied.
" Yes, I'm here to assassinate you. Now, it's your time to see the light. ", She hissed.
" Aww, come on. I love the view from down here ~ ", He cooed.
A strong blue blush burst upon the IceWing's (s/c) cheeks.
" Are you really flirting with the dragon that's going to end you? ", She snipped.
" Well, I'm not sure if this assassin is going to complete her assignment ~ ", He teased.

(I/n) flinched and recoiled back a bit by that comment.
' Is he serious?! ', Her mind yelled.
" No, I'm going to kill you, you evil and stupid NightWing. ", She snarled.
" Then, do it. I'll make it easier and not struggle for you ~ ", He cooed, relaxing his tense muscles.
(I/n)'s grip tightened and a bit of red blood leaked over her (s/c) talon, due to her serrated claws pressing into the softer flesh of his neck. However, it wasn't hard enough to choke him. As she kept her tight grip, her (e/c) eyes and Deathbringer's dark eyes were locked together for the entire process.

' Why can't I kill him!? He's my assignment by the beautiful and best queen in all of Pyrrhia, my queen, the IceWing queen, Queen Glacier. So, why can't I complete this simple assignment!? He's a NightWing. His tribe took away our animus magic. He's my tribe's mortal enemy for at least 2,000 years. I should be ripping him to shreds, limb by limb even. I should be glad his blood in stained across my claws. Why can't I just choke him until he stops breathing and be done with it!? ', Her mind rambled, gazing into her enemy's eyes.

" Come on, I thought you said you were going to kill me. Well? ", Deathbringer asked with a lighthearted tone.
(I/n) just bared her sharp teeth and fangs at him, not replying to his question.
" Awwww, I guess the strong and independent and not to mention, beautiful, IceWing assassin can't kill a cleaver and might I add devilishly handsome NightWing assassin? She can't even kill her own mortal enemy? Well, perhaps her enemy is just too good-looking to kill, huh? ~ ", He teased.
The blue blush upon (I/n)'s (s/c) face was quite strong now, clearly visible against her (s/c) scales.
" Hold your tongue, NightWing. You're not making this any better. ", She hissed.
" Perhaps, you are just upset because you like it. You just love me flirting with you, don't you? You want me to keep going, but you're too flustered and embarrassed to admit it ~ ", Deathbringer cooed.
" I do not! ", (I/n) protested, quickly.
" That's not what I see ~ ", He teased with a smirk upon his dark scaled face.

(I/n) growled at him and gripped his mouth shut with her other (s/c) talon. The assassins just settled in a silence. (I/n)'s heavy breathing was audible from the wind, which was the only thing breaking the silence between her and her NightWing opponent.

After a moment, (I/n) lightened her grip on his muzzle. She still kept her tight grip on his neck however.
" Admit it. You can't kill me. You just adore me. You want me all to yourself ~ ", He cooed.
" You pathetic, flirty male NightWing. ", She hissed.

Then, (I/n) got off of Deathbringer. The NightWing got up and faced his opposing assassin.
" Fine, I'll let you live, filthy NightWing. ", She growled.
Then, the (s/c) IceWing faced away from him and spread open her wings.
" Wait, you're not leaving me alone and so defenseless, are you? ~ ", He asked, lightheartedly.
" Yes, I am. ", She stated, coldly.
" Could I give you something for the road? ", He questioned with a smirk.
(I/n) sighly deeply and her (e/c) eyes glared at Deathbringer.
" What is it? ", The (s/c) IceWing snapped, turning to him.

Deathbringer brought up his dark talon up to (I/n)'s (s/c) chin. He grasped her jaw bones firmly and pulled her towards him. He smushed his snout with hers for a moment. After he pulled away, the signature smirk was still upon his face.

" Goodbye beautiful ~ ", He cooed, waving to her.
(I/n) scoffed and slithered away into the mountains and hills of snow, vanishing into her surroundings.
' I hope to see her again. ', He thought as he watched her disappear into the vast sea of snow and ice.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hey, take this request. I hope it's alright :)

Published: June 10th, 2022