Booking a connection (Cricket X reader)

Requested by: MoonBeam0907

Cricket X Female! LeafWing/HiveWing hybrid! reader

- - -

Key:

(H/n) - Hybrid name

(S/c) - Scale color

(E/c) - Eye color

(F/n) - Father's name

(M/n) - Mother's name

- - -

- - - - -

Warning: Contains showings/mentions of child abuse, mentions of unalive, and finally, a break-up.

- - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

☆ 3rd person POV ☆

(H/n) sighed deeply. It wasn't easy being a hybrid of a tribe that was thought to be gone and living in a strict society with a father that barely ever notices her. (F/n) always told her she was lucky that she is seen as pure HiveWing if no one looks too closely. Even then, it was often that (H/n) would use paint to cover up some of her odd (s/c) scales.

Fortunately, she had something to love forward to. Her father stated that they would be going on vacation to Cicada Hive to see his new job. (H/n) wasn't sure what it was, however (F/n) seemed quite pleased with what was occurring. (H/n) will miss Yellowjacket Hive, but it is nice with a change of scenery.

       -    Timeskip  -

It's been different in Cicada Hive. Especially (F/n)'s behavior, (H/n) began to hide from him. He became more prideful and strong. However, good things have happened besides the down sides.

(F/n) married another male HiveWing, who is much nicer than (F/n). (H/n) couldn't remember his name, so she nicknamed him, Dad 2. Also, Dad 2 has a daughter, so (H/n) has a stepsister now, her name is Leopard. The two stepsisters have a strong bond and are like best friends. Plus, as (F/n) and Dad 2 are rich now, (F/n) bought a SilkWing maid, Amber. Amber is nice and tries her best to do all her duties and keep the new huge house clean.

Plus, over a short period of time, Dad 2, Leopard, (H/n), and Amber become a great team. (H/n) doesn't understand why Dad 2 loves (F/n), but she's glad she has everyone else now. She also hopes that Dad 2 makes (F/n) be a better father.

Even with these positive changes, (H/n) still didn't like being around her father, so one day, she decided to sneak out. She wasn't completely running away, because she couldn't leave Leopard behind with (F/n), and she will miss her new family.

After calming down, (H/n) realized how pretty the hive can be, especially with yellow and orange glowing flamesilk lanterns. However, as she was taking in everything, out of nowhere, she felt a slam into her (s/c)-scaled chest, making her jump. Her (e/c) eyes flicked down towards her chest, then found a buttercup-colored HiveWing dragonet in front of her. The dragonet's books were all on the floor.

" Oh, I'm so sorry! I should've looked where I was walking! ", (H/n) quickly apologized, helping the dragonet with her books.

" Oh, it's fine. I was also sucked into this new novel ", The dragonet replied, grabbing a dark blue covered book, without looking up at (H/n).

When the dragonet looked up to (H/n), the dragonet's warm dark brown eyes became big and curious.

" Woah, you look so cool! ", The dragonet beamed, with a grin.