I care. (Kestrel X Reader)

Requested by: Betty2665

Kestrel X Female! NightWing! Reader

- - -

Key:

(N/n) - NightWing name

(S/c) - Scale color

(E/c) - Eye color

- - -

- - - - -

Warnings: Mentions of blood / injury

- - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

☆ 3rd person POV ☆

(N/n) has been sent out to check on the dragonets of destiny to insure that the NightWings plan is going out smoothly. Queen Battlewinner instructed her to be subtle about it since the Talons of Peace shouldn't know about it. The (s/c) NightWing took the job because she knew how to lay low and not be spotted. Plus, she wanted to see Pyrrhia with her own (e/c) eyes. She has only been to the continent once when she was a small dragonet.

Now, she is approaching the mountain range in western southwest SkyWing territory. She smiled as the mountains became bigger and bigger as she got closer. As the sky got darker and darker, she began to blend into her surroundings.

- Timeskip -

(N/n) has been checking up on the small dragonets of destiny many times now. But, overtime, the (s/c) NightWing wouldn't just come for the dragonets, she came over for the grumpy and stern rusty red colored SkyWing, Kestrel.

They both met when (N/n) found Kestrel hunting one time for the dragonets. (N/n) only spoke to her when it was nighttime. The NightWing made sure that she wasn't spotted by others, besides Kestrel, of course. The two built up a close friendship during about the next four years.

(N/n) would often bring gifts to Kestrel. They ranged from some treasure to a bit of prey for her to eat. (N/n) would also be known to try to charm and flirt with the SkyWing. Kestrel would get flustered and growl at the flirty NightWing.

- Timeskip due to plot convince -

Kestrel blinked open her yellowish orange eyes. She winced as the taste of salt water filled her mouth. She also winced as her heart beat. A pain throughout her neck and heart hissed with pain. Kestrel tried to pull herself up, however it was very painful and with every pull of any muscle she twitched violently.

" Hey, please lay your head back down, sweetie. We don't want you to get even more hurt than you already here. ", A voice told herself, gently.
Kestrel drooped her neck and head back down. Then, her eyes shifted over to the owner of the voice. It was one of the dragons she actually respected, the one and only, (s/c) NightWing, (N/n).
" Where am I? ", Kestrel asked her.
" You're in a cave. It was not far where I found you. You were in really bad position. ", (N/n) explained.

Kestrel looked around. There was a small fire crackling close to her. There was an opening, but it was covered by heavy shades of leaves. From the inside, muffled by the sound of the fire, music of waves could be heard. (N/n) was quite close to the rusty red SkyWing. The (s/c) NightWing had her (s/c) tail carefully wrapped around the side of her body that was facing Kestrel. (N/n) was giving the SkyWing a worried look with (e/c) eyes gazed right at her yellowish orange eyes.

" Why did you save me? ", Kestrel asked, fully laying her neck and head back down.
" Why not? ", (N/n) retorted.
" You could've let me perish. That's what you should've done. ", Kestrel growled.
" No, I couldn't do that to you. I would never. I care about you. ", (N/n) told her in a soft tone.
" But why? I'm not the best dragon. You could've lived on just fine without me. ", Kestrel protested.
" I wouldn't have! ", (N/n) argued.

The cave went silent for a moment. Even the crackling of the fire and noises of waves faded into the wind. Kestrel gave (N/n) a look. The (s/c) scales on the NightWing's face became a shade of crimson red.

" Why not? ", Kestrel asked.
" Um... well... how do I word this.... ", (N/n) trailed off.
It was a couple moments before the nervous (s/c) NightWing opened back up her mouth.
" I have a strong attachment to you. I want to always be by your side. I want to be yours. I wish for you to be mine as well. I want to be a romantic partner for you... well, girlfriend actually. But you get what I mean? It's totally fine if you don't reciprocate my feelings. I just needed to tell you. And that's why I can't go on without you. ", (N/n) confessed.

A blush blistered upon Kestrel's rusty red cheeks.
" Well.. I... ", Kestrel trailed off.
She sighed deeply for a moment.
" I actually feel the same way. I've never felt this way before. Not even in the breeding program with Soar. I want to be close to you. Even if you annoy me and talk my ears off. Also, if I could actually move, I would give you a small kiss on the forehead. ", She admitted.
" Don't worry, I'll do it for you. ", (N/n) told her.

The (s/c) NightWing quickly got up and went over to the injured SkyWing. She layed back down, very close to Kestrel. (N/n) lightly planted a kiss on her forehead. When (N/n) pulled away, she looked at Kestrel with love filled (e/c) eyes. Then, the NightWing curled up into the SkyWing, lovingly, cuddling her.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Here, take this request. I thought something simple, yet sweet. I hope you enjoy.

And sorry if I'm slightly less active, I hurt myself (don't worry I'm ok and it wasn't on purpose), plus I got finals up soon so I need to study like a nerd would (basically, I become Starflight). So, I might disappear out of existence for a while. Don't worry, I refuse to stop writing. I will be quite active when I finish my finals (which will be at the max by the 22nd or 23rd). So, yea, unfortunate, but I have a life to live sadly.

But, I hope you enjoy any writing I give out in the meantime :)

Published: June 4th, 2022