Distant memories (Vulture X reader)

Requested by: InsanitySevenfold67

Vulture X Female! SandWing! Reader

- - -

Key:

(S/n) - SandWing name

(S/c) - Scale color

(E/c) - Eye color

(F/f) - Favorite flower

- - -

- - - - -

Warning: Mentions/showings of unalive, blood and grief

- - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

☆ 3rd Person POV ☆

She was the most beautiful SandWing that Vulture layed in eyes on. She had beautiful (s/c) scales, the prettiest (e/c) eyes and the most sweetest personality that Vulture ever knew.

Vulture was a young and frisky dragonet back then. He was recently recruited into the scorpion den Mafia. He was swift in his tasks, quickly raising in the ranks. Soon, he was one of the top dogs. That's when he meet her.

Vulture just knocked out a fugitive with ease. They fell to the ground with a thud. However, he heard a soft gasp behind him. There she was, her (e/c) eyes wide with fear. She began to run away, but Vulture caught up with her, capturing her as well.

She was interrogated thoroughly by him, however he couldn't help, but fall for her. Vulture allowed her to escape from any consequences by his comrades. He shielding her from any harm towards her.

It took a couple of years before Vulture was able to confess his feelings to (S/n). He took her on multiple dates before they started dating. She wasn't the biggest fan of his violence, but she understood why. She believed the dragons should be treated fairly, even if they commited multiple crimes.

She was his voice of reason and kindness. His left wing's normal spot was around her left (s/c) side. She frequently stood by his side, almost clinging to him. Soon, the lovers filled in the good cop, bad cop trope with some Mafia elements. Many times, those (e/c) eyes got prisoners out of deeper trouble, pain or even, torture. He just couldn't resist her. She was powerful in her own right, with the strings she had on him like a puppet and the puppeteer.

Over time, (S/n) and Vulture had two dragonets. Unfortunately, one didn't make it, being a dud. However, this fact didn't effect (S/n). She was absolutely certain that her second dragonet would live. She often told how good of a father Vulture would be. Vulture would always reply that he would try his best, for her.

Soon, their dragonet hatched, just as (S/n) said she would. The dragonet had a mix of his scales and her (s/c) scales. She had a line of snake-like patterns along her spine.

" I think we should name her Cobra. After her patterns. ", (S/n) suggested, her (e/c) eyes on her child.
" That seems reasonable. ", Vulture agreed, draping his wing over her, out of habit.
Cobra just went over to her mother and carefully curled up in her front (s/c) talons, quickly slipping into dream land while wrapped in her mother's soft warmth.

Cobra was only four months old when it happened.

A small SandWing dragonet held their wings in front of their face, shivering in fear. A much older and terrifying SandWing towered over the dragonet, growling with their teeth bared and their deadly scorpion tail pointed in a offensive position. (S/n) spotted the situation, with her (e/c) eyes wide and tense. Following her heart, her (s/c) body quickly jumped into action, defending the dragonet.

" Move, you camal dung! ", The towering SandWing spat at (S/n).
" No, I refuse to obey. You will not hurt this dragonet. ", (S/n) snapped back, snarling, trying to be intimidating as she could.

In seconds, a blood stained fight commenced. The dragonet observing it in front of them, frozen in fear. (S/n) strongly held her ground against the bigger SandWing with all her might. Eventually, the (s/c) SandWing fell to the ground, her right wing ripped almost in two. Her (e/c) eyes were heavy as she tried to stand back up. Her vision was greatly obscured, but another shape attacked the opposing SandWing.

" Come on, get up! ", Vulture's voice shouted.
" Run, kid, RUN! ", Vulture roared at the dragonet.
They obeyed and fled the scene as fast as they could on their small talons.
" You're going to be okay. Just stay with me. ", Vulture whispered into (S/n)'s ear, reassuring her.
His talons wrapped around her body, tightly.
" I see the bright stars above. ", (S/n) weakly spoke back.
" No, don't look at the stars, look at me, my beautiful junebug. ", He ordered, in a worried tone.

He tried his best to rush her to a nearby medic. However, her vision was too blurred to keep her awake. Soon, she was wrapped tightly in the sky, unable to escape. He heard her final heartbeat while in his arms. Tears flowed down from his spiraled black eyes and he continued to yell to his love, begging her to not leave him behind. But (S/n) couldn't hear his pleads any longer.

Corba bounded over to her father's talons as he appeared in the doorway.
" Where's mother? ", She asked, tilting her head.
" She's... um... on a very long mission... I'm not sure when she'll return. ", He lied, holding back new tears from dripping down.
" I can't wait until she comes back. ", She stated, looking at the closed door.
" Me too. ", He said, weakly, wrapping his wing around his dragonet.

Now, Vulture stares down at her grave. He lowers his neck and places the (f/f) next to the tombstone. He layes down, curling himself in.
" I still miss you. ", He spoke out loud.
Then, he felt a ghostly presences of a wing around him, holding him gently in her embrace.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Angst time.

I hope this interpretation of the prompt made a good story :)

Published: Nov. 6th / 2022