Never ever getting rid of me (Darkstalker X reader)

Requested by: xMcSalty

Darkstalker X Gender-neutral! SeaWing! Reader

- -

Part 2 of ' Good in me '.

- -

- - -

Key:

(S/n) - SeaWing name

(S/c) - Scale color

(E/c) - Eye color

- - -

- - - - - -

Warning: Some angst (but incoming fluff after so....)
Also, possibly mention of unalive?

- - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

☆ 3rd person POV ☆

A fire kept building up in Darkstalker's chest. He wanted to release it, however he just couldn't tell them. He couldn't risk it ending up like last time. He just couldn't bare the possibility of it happening again. It's happened before, so why can't it happen now?

It even hurt more when he was reminded of that mistake all those years ago.

(S/n) and Darkstalker were chatting as usual. However, (S/n) said something that unlocked a memory inside of Darkstalker. He tried his best to hold back tears as (S/n) continued to speak. However, the (s/c) SeaWing noticed something was wrong quite quickly. They stopped talking instantly and looked at him with concern in their (e/c) eyes.

" Are you alright, Darkstalker? ", They asked him with concern.
" Yes, (S/n). I'm fine. ", Darkstalker lied.
" Are you sure? You seem off. ", They observed.

A bit of impulse anger built up in Darkstalker's throat. He hated how the (s/c) SeaWing always knew when something was wrong. He admired them for it, but at the same time, sometimes he didn't wish they had that ability. However, he shoved all of his emotions back down before he spoke again.

" Yes, yes, everything is fine. I just remembered I needed to do somewhere. ", He lied again.
" Oh, alright, goodbye Darkstalker. ", (S/n) told him, sadly, waving to him.
Darkstalker waved and then quickly flew off.

- Timeskip -

It is late at night. Darkstalker has his head in his front talons. He has a uncomfortable and distressed expression on his face. Thoughts are rushing through his mind. He could still see many futures were (S/n) tricks him, just as Clearsight did when she put him to his 2,000 year sleep in Agate Mountain. He just couldn't bare the thoughts of the patient, kind and caring (s/c) SeaWing betraying him. They reminded him too much of Clearsight. But she's gone now. She has moved on in another continent and literally. Darkstalker couldn't bring her back, even if that was the one thing he really wanted. Fortunately, he has (S/n) now.

But he didn't want things to come to a devastating end like it did last time. He couldn't tell them how much he cared for them. It was too risky. He really wanted to confess to them, but possible futures and the past were haunting him. He couldn't just get lost in their sparkling (e/c) eyes without any bad memories or any future memories biting him from the inside.

He couldn't take the burning pain any longer. Giant tears built up in his dark and icy blue eyes. They escaped his eyes, rolling down on his face and dripping down onto the stone floor below him. His lip quivered as all his bottled up emotions started to flow out of him. His breathing wasn't stable and stopped at random points as he sobbed in his talons.

" Darkstalker? ", A voice peeped out.
The animus hybrid looked around and spotted the (s/c) SeaWing, (S/n) staring him with concern in their (e/c) eyes. He quickly looked away from them.
" Hey, hey, it's ok. ", (S/n) called out, trying to comfort him.
They sprang over to him and they curled around one of his talons. They gently rapped their (s/c) tail around the talon as well.
" Are you alright? ", They asked him, softly.
No words escaped Darkstalker's mouth as the sadness choked him and tears ran down his face. He curled up into them, sobbing into them.
Then, the (s/c) SeaWing started to lightly caress his scales with their (s/c) talons. They whispered sweet nothings into his ear as he let out all his long lingering feelings.

After a couple of moments, Darkstalker's tears started to dwindle and his breathing started to become steady again. He was still sniffling as he pulled away from their (s/c) chest. They wiped away any extra tears from his eyes. He smiled at them after a while.
" I guess, I'm stuck with you for good, huh? ~ ", Darkstalker teased.
" Yep, you are never ever getting rid of me ~ ", They cooed back in a sing-along voice.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Presenting the mushy sappy stuff
* Jazz hands *

Djjdjdjsjsizj, anyways, enjoy this part 2, I guess <3

Published: May 30th, 2022