Under her wing (Queen Coral & reader)

Requested by: Minette727

Queen Coral X Quiet! Adopted! Female! SeaWing! Dragonet! Reader

- - -

Key:

(S/n) - SeaWing name

(S/c) - Scale color

(E/c) - Eye color

- - -

- - - - -

Warnings: Indirect mentions of unalive.

- - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

☆ 3rd person POV ☆

Queen Coral held the broken blue and green eggshell in her dark blue talons. She sighed, deeply with a frown across her snout. Her warm green eyes were filled with disappointment and grief.

" We lost another one. How does this keep happening? ", She flashed in aquatic.
She looked up at the SeaWing statue that stared back down at her with their deep sapphire eyes.
' You were the only one who survived. I miss you, Orca. ', She thought.

- Timeskip -

' Without a princess or even a heir, this palace doesn't feel complete. ', Coral observed, sighing.
" Your majesty? ", A voice asked.
Queen Coral turned her head and shifted her warm green eyes over to the voice. It was a SeaWing solider. The queen wasn't sure what their name was, maybe Crab or something.

" Yes? ", Coral questioned, giving them a calm look.
" I'm sorry about the lost princess earlier. However, have you thought about adopting a SeaWing dragonet has your next heir? ", The solider suggested.
" But, she wouldn't be royal by family. ", The Queen argued.
" I know, but she could fill the void of having an heir until the next one hatches successfully. Plus, you'll be giving a dragonet a new home, that will mean so much to her. ", The solider stated.

Queen Coral thought about it for a moment. It would certainly fill in that deepening void in the palace. It would make her a princess if Coral adopted her, even if it wasn't by direct family.

" Alright, thank you for the suggestion. I will definitely take it into consideration. ", Queen Coral confirmed, with a nod.

- Another Timeskip cause plot -

Queen Coral had finally arrived at the SeaWing orphanage. Two guards were by her side, just in case. Now, she had to pick a dragonet to take home to shelter.

After doing some deep looking, one dragonet caught the SeaWing queen's eye. A quiet (s/c) dragonet with calm (e/c) eyes. It wasn't soon before the small SeaWing dragonet was swimming out by the queen's side.

" Do you like your new room, (S/n)?", Coral asked in a light tone.

The small (s/c) dragonet peered over her new space with her intrigued (e/c) eyes. After a while, she turned back to the queen, ready to speak.

" It's perfect, your majesty ", (S/n) replied with a small smile.

" Even though I admire your manners, you may call me, your mother, or Coral if you need to. ", Coral stated, feeling a smile raise upon her face.

After a couple of moments, (S/n) moves her snout to speak.

" I'm sorry, mother. ", (S/n) apologized.

And at that moment, Coral felt her heart melt at the dragonet.

Soon, Coral and her new dragonet were in the throne room. With the queen sitting confidently in her throne and little (S/n) drawing something with a waterproof blue crayon. Coral held a shiny pearl necklace in her dark blue talons. She peered down at the new princess and then back to the necklace.

" Hey, I have a gift for you. ", Coral announced, gently.

(S/c) looked up from her drawing, with curious (e/c) eyes.

" Please bow your head for me and close your eyes. ", Coral asked.

(S/n) obeyed and lowered her head. After she had brought her (s/c) neck and opened back up her (e/c) eyes, (S/n) noticed the shiny pearl necklace around her neck and which was sat upon her shoulders and chest.

" Woah, are these all real pearls? ", (S/n) asked, rolling two of them around the necklace gently with her (s/c) talons.

" Of course they are, how else would the kingdom know that you're a princess without them? ", Coral confirmed, with a confident tone.

" I've never been called a princess before. ", (S/n) mumbled under her breath.

" Well, now you are one, a real one. ", Coral told her, feeling her heart melt as her warm green eyes gazed lovingly at her new daughter.

That's when (S/n)'s face broke, feeling the care given to her. She smiled and then hugged Coral's front talon tightly, which startled the SeaWing Queen a bit.

" Thank you. ", (S/n) whispered.

" Of course, my little SeaWing princess ", Coral nodded, wrapping her big wings around herself and the small (s/c) dragonet.

This was the start of a beautiful relationship. (S/n) was going to be the perfect princess. Plus, Coral loved her if the (s/c) SeaWing was her actual heir.

Overtime, (S/n) became more confident and open. She was still quiet, however she is becoming the best version of herself. As she gets older, she grows and grows with the help of her adoptive mother.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Hey, this is my first proper oneshot that I will be publishing through the computer. As everyone knows, I am unable to edit directly in Wattpad on my two biggest books. As I am now using a different app to write with, please inform me if any of my words or paragraphs look wonky or anything like that. 

Now, regarding the oneshot, I apologize if it's a bit shorter than you expected. I am thinking of making a part two with (S/n) and her princess sisters, but I wasn't sure how to incorporate that with the premise I was given. Btw, (S/n) would be the second-oldest, younger than Tsunami, but older than Anemone. If you guys would like that, please tell me!

( Published: Aug. 4th / 2023 )

(Edited: Mar. 30th / 2024)