Believe me, I will never get tired of you. (Squid X reader)

Requested by: RaquelGuerreroGimene

Squid X Shy! Gender-neutral! HiveWing! Reader

- - -

Key:

(H/n) - HiveWing name

(S/c) - Scale color

(E/c) - Eye color

- - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

☆ 3rd person POV ☆

Squid grumbled as he flew toward the edge of the NightWing island.
" I hate them. They should treat me with respect. ", He mumbled.
He soon found the edge of the island. There was normal sand that streamed down into the vast ocean. He gripped his emerald-green talons into the sand.

His ears flicked upwards as he heard a rustle in the sand.
" W-Who's there!? ", He yelped.
" Hello? ", A voice replied softly.
" Who are you!? ", Squid hissed towards the voice.
Then, He was met with (e/c) eyes.
" AHHH!! ", They both screamed.

The mystery dragon flew backwards, falling out of the bush. Squid's eyes widened at the site of them. They were nothing he's ever seen before. They jumped back and faced him, trying to look bigger than they already were. Squid's green body started to quiver. This dragon wasn't one of any kind he's ever seen, not even a hybrid he could think of.
" W - Who are you?? ", He managed to speak out.
" I could ask you the same thing. ", The dragon stated, still being tense.
Silence settled between the two, tension filled the air.

Squid took this time to observe the new dragon and to think about his words, in order to not be murdered by this dragon. The dragon had (s/c) scales with streaks of black throughout them. Their eyes were a (e/c) color. They had four insect-like wings and they had horns which were similar in shape to SkyWings horns but were at least thick looking as MudWing horns. They also had a small horn on their forehead which hooked backwards.

Squid blinked at them and tried to keep his breaths steady.
" Where did you come from? ", He asked, attempting to sound calm and friendly.
Quickly, The dragon relaxed their muscles.
" Over the ocean. I was suddenly thrown of into the sea and I woke up here. ", They admitted.
" Overseas? ", Squid repeated, looking behind him.
" But you aren't from Pyrrhia. ", Squid went on, " Well, At least you don't look like it. "
" Pyrrhia? ", The dragon questioned.
" Yeah, You know the continent that's south of here, I think. ", Squid explained.
The dragon blinked and gave Squid a confused look. Squid just looked back at them.
" But I'm from Pantala and I never heard of a continent called Pyrrhia. ", They confessed.

Both went silent for a moment. They stared at each other with confused expressions.
" Could you be from the Lost Continent? ", Squid questioned.
" Then, Could this be part of the Distant Kingdoms? ", The dragon asked.
Squid groaned as questions filled his mind.
" Would you like to... uh.. learn about each other? You know since we're... um... both confused here? ", Squid suggested.
" Um... Alright. ", The dragon agreed.

Then, the two dragons proceeded to talk about each other and explain a couple of things. Squid found out about Queen Wasp and how there are (or were, according to the HiveWings) three different tribes upon Pantala which was in fact the Lost Continent. And the HiveWing, which was named (H/n), learned about the happenings on Pyrrhia. Like the SandWing war, the dragonets of destiny, and much more.

However, soon time ran out for the two dragons.
" Darn it. Morrowseer is probably going to lecture me if I don't get back to him and the others soon. ", Squid whined.
" Well, Will you be back? ", (H/n) questioned.
" Yeah, definitely. ", Squid confirmed.

(H/n) waved to Squid as he flew off. They then proceeded to find a small cave close to the shore for shelter. They smiled, imagining talking to Squid again.

- Timeskip -

(H/n) awoke to hear small sobs by a familiar voice. They got up quickly and rushed out. Their (e/c) eyes widened as they saw Squid. They skidded over to him.
" Are you alright? ", They asked with a worried tone.
Squid didn't respond and just cuddled his tear stained head into (H/n)'s neck, soaking their (s/c) scales. (H/n) draped their talons over the smaller SeaWing into a hug, slightly rubbing him gently.

After a couple of minutes, Squid pulled away from them. He sniffled before opening his mouth.
" A-am i-i a-annoying? ", He peeped out.
(H/n) gave him a sad look. They didn't like seeing him like this.
" No, of course you aren't. ", They reassured him.
" B-but w-will you get t-tired of m-m-me? ", He asked, shaking slightly.
" Believe me, I will never get tired of you. ", They reassured again.
Squid smiled and pulled into them, cuddling into their neck once more.

Once his tears and sniffling had stopped, he pulled away again and looked deeply into (H/n)'s (e/c) eyes.
" I know this probably isn't a good time, but could you be my partner? ", Squid asked, nervously.
(H/n)'s (s/c) cheeks flushed red.
" Like date you? ", They questioned.
Squid nodded. (H/n) smiled at him. Then, they giggled.
" Of course, I will! ", They chirped.
Then, they placed a kiss on his forehead. Squid's face quickly puffed up and became red. He huffed at them. They snickered at his reaction. Then, Squid smiled.
" Thank you for being my treasure ~ ", He cooed.
" Oh, you ~ ! ", (H/n) shouted back, playfully.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

* Aggressively throws request at you *

Have the Squid boy.

Published: Mar. 16th / 2022