Good in me (Darkstalker X reader)

Requested by: xMcSalty

Darkstalker X Gender-neutral! SeaWing! Reader

- - -

Key:

(S/n) - SeaWing name

(S/c) - Scale color

(E/c) - Eye color

- - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

☆ 3rd person POV ☆

Darkstalker had just risen out of Agate Mountain. All the 6 dragonets watched him wide eyed. Turtle had a stick in his emerald-green talons, he held it close to his chest. Qibli, Moon, and Winter's dropped a bit as seeing how big Darkstalker really was and from overall shock.
" Why hello, Moon. Also, thank you, Peril. ", Darkstalker greeted.

He carefully slithered out of the mountain and to the dragonets. Darkstalker tensed up at he spotted (S/n). He bared his sharp teeth at them for a moment. However, he quickly remembered that (S/n) was one of Moon's friends, so he restrained himself. He introduced himself and things went as normal.

- Timeskip -

It has been about a week since Darkstalker has risen. He has been staying at Jade Mountain Academy with Moon and Anemone. He's still quite untrusting of (S/n). They're kind and sweet, like Clearsight was to him, all those years ago. Also, they reminded him of Fathom as well. He hated that they reminded him of both his old friends.

He wanted to not trust the (s/c) SeaWing, but a part of him told him that he should. He couldn't shake the feeling off of him. He wished to get closer to them, but he also wanted to stay the furthest away from them, at least on an emotional level.

However, (S/n) has gotten attached to Darkstalker. They have been very kind to him every since he has risen from that mountain. Darkstalker would often tell himself that was due to his spell, but he wasn't so sure sometimes. They were a bit too friendly to him, which would go beyond the enchantment.

Qibli even got a bit nervous of how much his (s/c) SeaWing friend was taking a liking to the hybrid animus. He gave them an earring to eliminate all his spells and protect them from it. Nothing really seemed to change. (S/n) was attached to him, even if the opposite wasn't true.

- Yet another timeskip -

(S/n) smiled as they thought of Darkstalker. They just thought he was a great NightWing. Currently, they were flying to him. Then, they overheard a conversation.

" Come on, Darkstalker. Gave them a chance. ", It was Moon's voice.
" I don't know. They remind me of two dragons that I can't forget, neither forgive. Well, one of them, at least. ", Darkstalker protested, mumbling the last part.
" Please, don't you see how much they like you? Come on, maybe you'll learn to like them too. You can give them a chance, they have been nothing but kind to you. And plus, when I first met them when I arrived here, they've been nothing but sweet. Please, Darkstalker, I know you can let them in. ", Moon argued in a calm, yet assertive tone.
Darkstalker whined for a moment. Then, he sighed deeply.
" Fine, fine, but if they hurt me, I'm blaming you, Moon. ", Darkstalker told her.
" Bet. ", Moon replied.

(S/n)'s heart jumped in excitement. Darkstalker would finally let them get close to him. Maybe he could learn to like them as much as they did.

- Another one. -

Darkstalker is surprised by how much (S/n) has affected him by letting them into his life. He just wants to shower them with riches and affection, just as he wanted to do for Clearsight. However, he tried his hardest to hold his crush to himself. He couldn't bare to see them in possible futures where they betray him. So, he tried to block them out to avoid them.

" Hey, whatcha doing? ", He heard a voice say.
Darkstalker jumped and shoot towards the origin of the voice. He found (S/n) looking at him with wide, curios and soft (e/c) eyes. A slight blue blush rested upon his dark scales, but wasn't visible to (S/n).
" Uhhhh, nothing...? ", Darkstalker lied.
" Hmmmm... Well, you must have been doing something, but ehhh... ", They shrugged.
" So, if you're currently doing nothing, then you're probably free right? So, if you're free, does that mean you'll accompany me to somewhere special? ", They asked him, confidently.
Darkstalker let out a small chuckle at them.
" Somewhere special? ", He repeated.
" Yes, I can't tell you yet. It's a surprise. ", (S/n) giggled.
" Why then, yes I would like to accompany you. ", Darkstalker replied with a joking royal voice.
" Then, follow me! ", (S/n) chirped, spreading their wings and flying off.

After a while of flying, the (s/c) SeaWing guided Darkstalker to a large beach. It was evening, so the sun rested upon the waves and sky. (S/n) went down into the sand underneath their talons. As Darkstalker landed on the beach, (S/n) turned to him.
" Please wait here. I'll be right back. ", They told him with a smile.
Then, they quickly jumped into the water, splashing Darkstalker a bit with salt water.

A few minutes pass before (S/n) jumps back out of the water with something in their jaws. They lay it towards Darkstalker. He arched down to get a good look at it. It was a dolphin.

Darkstalker looked at them with a bit of confusion. (S/n) also gave him a look of puzzlement.
" Well, aren't you going to try it? ", (S/n) asked.
" Ummm, well, aren't hunting dolphins banned by your queen? ", Darkstalker questioned.
" Yes, but I don't really like dolphins that much. Also, I thought you would like to try one. I've had some before the ban. It's pretty good. ", They explained.
Darkstalker chuckled at them.
" Wow, this little SeaWing breaking their queen's law for me? How daring of you ~ ", Darkstalker teased.
A blush rose upon (S/n)'s (s/c) cheeks. They scoffed and rolled their (e/c) eyes.
" Now, come on! Please try it! ", They ushered excitedly.
He quickly chomped down and it was pretty good.
" Wow, that is good. ", He agreed.
(S/n) gave him a big grin.
" See, I knew you look like it! ", They chirped.

Darkstalker looked at them with soft eyes.
' I think I'm in love with them. Even if I'm not, I'm never ever getting rid of them, huh? ', He thought.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Take this mushy and sappy one. It's probably not good, but here, take some writing :)

Also, I've seen what dolphins have done. They scare me. I definitely prefer sharks. Sharks are better, change my mind.

Published: May 15th, 2022