Something missing (Swordtail X reader)

Requested by: DontBotherMe230

Swordtail X Female! SilkWing! Reader

- - -

Key:

(S/n) - SilkWing name

(S/c) - Scale color

(E/c) - Eye color

- - -

- - - - -

Warnings: Slight angst.
(Just a bit of feels)

- - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

☆ 3rd person POV ☆

(S/n) has been there from the very start. She is Luna's sister. They were both in the same hatching. (S/n) is a (s/c) SilkWing with (e/c) eyes. She and Luna are inseparable. They do everything together. So, it was a terrible shock when Luna disappeared. (S/n) was absolutely destroyed when Luna left. She looked for her with Swordtail.

Swordtail growled as he searched the rock that seemed to be everywhere he looked. (S/n) gave him a look of pity. They've been searching by what feels like hours now. (S/n) had noticed how upset Swordtail was getting. She knew he had cared deeply about her sister. However, she wondered if he had cared about her the same way. Would have he looked for her if she went missing?

(S/n) quickly shook herself from her thoughts. Telling herself that she should stop focusing on that and keep her attention to the present and the world around her. She shifted her (e/c) eyes to the grumpy Swordtail. She hesitated for a moment before she spoke.
" Hey, Swordtail, we should do back. We've searched for what seems like hours now. We should rest our wings, especially since we are rebels now. We need our energy just in case if the HiveWings find us and ambush us. ", (S/n) told him.
Swordtail sighed deeply and grumbled at her.
" But we gotta keep looking! What if we find her still? ", He snapped back.
" No. Come on, dude. It'll just be pointless searching and searching for another hour. Just losing our energy and time for no results. ", She stated.
" You can go back if you want. I'm gonna keep searching for her. ", He told her.
" No, you're coming back with me. I'm not leaving without you, ya know. ", She confirmed.
" Ugh. Fine. Fine. We can go back. ", Swordtail hesitantly grumbled.
A small smile appeared on (S/n)'s (s/c) face.
" Good. Now, come on. ", She instructed.

(S/n) led Swordtail back into the hideout cave.

- Timeskip -

It was another night where the rebels were hiding in the hideout cave. Cricket was by Blue's cocoon. Her buttercup yellow tail was wrapped around it and she layed her head down gently on it. She was asleep, small mumbles and breaths escaped from her as she slept. Sundew slept in the opposite corner, furthest away from everyone else. All her muscles looked tense, even in her sleep.

Swordtail and (S/n) were the only ones awake. (S/n) had her head in her (s/c) talons and her (e/c) were closed. She was trying to sleep, however was unable to. Swordtail also had his head in his dark blue and orange splattered talons. His dark blue eyes were wide open. They were beginning to become big and blurry as thoughts ran through Swordtail's head.

He thought about Luna. She was like another sister to him. He just wanted to protect her. But now, she was gone. For the SECOND time. He had just got her back and then lost her to the wind and ocean. Could he do anything right if he couldn't protect her and not lose her again as soon as they finally find her?

Slight sobs escaped Swordtail. He tried as hard as he could to be quiet. He didn't want to wake anyone up. It would just make them angry and plus, he didn't want anyone to see him like this. He was strong. But he couldn't hold back as tears flooded down his cheeks and whimpers escaped his mouth. He attempted to muffle the sounds as much as possible.

Soon, he felt another body rest up against his. A tail intertwined with his. Swordtail shot up and looked towards the other dragon. It was the (s/c) SilkWing, (S/n). She looked at him with wide (e/c) eyes. A concerned look was on her face. Swordtail immediately looked away from her.

" Hey, hey, are you okay? ", (S/n) asked him in a light and soft whisper.
No words came out of Swordtail's mouth.
" Swordtail? ", (S/n) peeped out.
Quickly, Swordtail snuggled into (S/n)'s neck. He cried into her (s/c) scales. (S/n) jumped as the sensation of him against her chest, but she curled in and held him to comfort him.

" W-what I n-never see h-her ag-gain? ", Swordtail choked out after a moment.
" You will. We'll find her. I promise. ", (S/n) told him.
" B-but, what if we d-don't? What if s-she's l-lost f-forever? ", He asked.
" We will, Swordtail. She'll come back. You'll see my sister again. ", (S/n) repeated.
" But w-what if we don't? I-I've f-failed her, (S/n)! I've failed her! I can't even save her without losing her again! ", He cried out.
" I will search the whole continent for her. We will find her and bring her back home. She needs to come back home. I know she will. She's always good on coming back. I know she's on her way back to us and maybe she's even searching for us, right now. ", (S/n) comforted.
" But what if she can't find her way? I've lost the only one I've cared for as much as a family member! I had her in my grasp and she immediately spilled right through my talons. ", Swordtail vented.

Swordtail curled himself in (S/n)'s (s/c) talons. He felt the flamesilk's heat from her talons on his back. It was a soft kind of warm. He rubbed his eyes and sighed deeply.
" Well, actually, I do have one that's still with me and I care for more than a family member. ", He started.
Then, he looked deep into her (e/c) eyes. A puzzled expression was upon her face. She titled her head a bit with confusion. He giggled a bit. This put (S/n) into more bewilderment. How could he suddenly go from sad to this?

Swordtail looked at her again.
" It's you ~ ", He cooed.
A red blush blistered across (S/n)'s (s/c) cheeks. She gasped.
" Really? You're gonna have a crying session and then confess? You're such an idiot! ", She told him, teasingly, punching him in the arm.
(S/n) shook her head, disapprovingly. Swordtail looked at her, patiently.
" What? ", She questioned.
" Well, do you love me too orrrr....?? ", He asked.
(S/n) scoffed and a snicker slipped out of her mouth.
" Yeah, I do. You wacko. ", She confessed.

Swordtail smiled and snickered approvingly at her. Then, he snuggled into her. (S/n) laughed at him one more time and then curled into him as well. Both SilkWings quickly drifted off to sleep.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Have a Swordtail.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy this and I apologize if the writing is bad <3

Also, I couldn't think of title at all, so if the title is dumb or doesn't make sense, that's the reason why. Sorry, dhdjrjhdndne

Published: May 12th, 2022