King's Offering (Gill X reader)

Requested by: InsanitySevenfold67

King! Gill X Male! SkyWing King! Reader

- - -

(S/n) - SkyWing name

(S/c) - Scale color

(E/c) - Eye color

- - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

3rd person POV ☆

(S/n) sat on his small throne on the arena balcony, looking away from down below and tapping his (s/c) talons on the arm rest. He wasn't the biggest fan of the violence of the arena. Well, at least not like his wife, Scarlet did.

He didn't want to be married to Scarlet. However, she had other plans. He was the eldest son of the highest SkyWing noble, so Scarlet decided that she would marry him. Well, this was a bit after Scarlet's first lover left. So, He was basically their replacement.

(S/n)'s (e/c) eyes widened has Gill strutted into the arena. (S/n) knew nobody could kill Gill, but he was still a bit anxious. (S/n) looked over at Scarlet. She grinned with her sharp teeth looking like sharp shinning icicles for the Ice Kingdom. Then, she let out a mischievous laugh.
' How could I ever be married to this dragoness. ', (S/n) thought, being disturbed.

(S/n) looked back down at the arena. The opposing dragon missed Gill by a small sliver. (S/n) bit his tongue as he kept watching the scene down below. He almost sighed in relief as Gill's opponent stood down as well as the pea-green SeaWing.

Scarlet snarled and yelled down at the arena. Smoke rose for her ears as she continued to have a blazing fit by the fact that they weren't fighting anymore. (S/n) gave her the side eye. He curl his ears backwards to muffle the sound slightly.

After her tantrum was finished, both dragons were retrieved and put back into their chambers. Next, new dragons were pulled into the ring to fight. (S/n) was back to spacing out for the rest of the arena matches.

- Small Timeskip -

(S/n) listened to the quiet castle. He was in his room, watching the night sky and waiting until the time was right. (S/n) was good enough to be granted access to his own room, which he was quite thankful for. Once the coast was clear, he slithered carefully out of his room.

He carefully crept down to the chamber of the prisoners. He quickly spotted Gill. He carefully, but quickly went over to him. Gill reacted aggressively at the sight of him.

" Woah there, It's alright. I'm not taking you away nor hurting you. ", (S/n) reassured him in a soft voice.
Gill settled a bit, but he still glared his dark green and slightly bloodshot eyes at (S/n).
" Wait, I'll be right back. ", (S/n) whispered quickly.

Gill watched him disappear quickly. And just as fast, the SkyWing king had arrived back. There was something in his (s/c) talons. (S/n) looked down at it, then at Gill. He smiled at the SeaWing. Then, a jiggle of keys were heard. Gill's door opened and (S/n) crept into the cell. He placed the item he had right in front of Gill, making sure it was in his reach. Gill looked down at it. His dark green eyes widened as he saw just exactly what the item was. It was a small bowl of water.

Gill smiled at (S/n) and nodded.
" Thank you. ", Gill peeped out weakly.
Then, Gill quickly drank up all the water that was offered to him. He felt so much better since he had been captured. His pea-green scales felt healthy and bright like a RainWing's scales after suntime. He sighed as he let the warm feeling drape itself over his body.

Carefully, (S/n) took the bowl from Gill. Gill met his eyes. (S/n)'s (e/c) eyes had a soft and kind look to them.
" I'm sorry that I can't stay longer, but I have to go. ", (S/n) told him with a disappointed sigh.
(S/n) backed out of the cell and locked it behind him.
" One more thing, please don't tell a soul. This can be our little secret, just between us. ", (S/n) asked him.
" Of course, I won't. You have my word. ", Gill answered.
(S/n) waved to him and he waved back. (S/n) quickly vanished from Gill's view.
' What a kind king. ', Gill thought.

- Timeskip -

The secret has persisted for many months. At least once a week, (S/n) brings a bowl of water and sometimes a piece of food for Gill. Gill wasn't perfectly healthy, but he was the best as he could be in his condition. (S/n) had saved from him becoming mad with dehydration. He admired (S/n) for his kindness and bravery towards the SeaWing king. But little did Gill know, that (S/n) will something way bigger than just feed and care for him in secret.

(S/n) had arrived at Gill's door as usual, but he had a worried expression on his face. Gill responded with a bit of concern himself.
" What's wrong? ", Gill asked him.
" Gill, You need to get out of here! It's not safe! ", (S/n) shouted.
" What? What's happening? ", Gill questioned.
" You are arranged to fight a dragonet of destiny tomorrow and I don't think she'll spare you! ", (S/n) warned him.

(S/n) quickly opened the cell and walked towards Gill's chains. He started to unlock all of them, one by one. (S/n) stood back as Gill shook himself out, stretching all his tighten muscles. Gill blinked as he thought of something.
" Wait, Won't they notice I'm gone? ", Gill asked.
" Yes, but I thought of this and I have a replacement for you. Scarlet had caught a SeaWing that looks almost identical to you. So, I'll put him in here and we can escape. I'm sure they wouldn't tell the difference. ", (S/n) told him.
" Alright, I believe you. ", Gill said, nodding.
" Now, follow me if you please. ", (S/n) asked, gesturing to him.

- Small Timeskip -

Gill waited patiently in his hiding place for (S/n). Once he spotted the SkyWing, they both flew off. The Sky palace got smaller and smaller in the distance.

The two kings flew until the sun rose to the horizon. They hid in one of the far mountains of Claws of Clouds Mountains. There was a cave that they could perfectly hide in.

A small fire crackled in the center of the cave. Gill layed down and curled himself up near one of the cave's walls. (S/n) stared at him with a longing look in his (e/c) eyes. Gill could feel (S/n) staring at him. Gill lifted his head at looked at the SkyWing. Gill gave him a puzzled look. (S/n) nervously looked back at him, fiddling with the claws of his talons.

" Do you need to asked me something? ", Gill questioned.
(S/n) looked away, but nodded.
" Well, whenever you're ready. ", Gill prompted, waiting for (S/n) to speak.
There was a long silence before (S/n) had any confidence to speak up.
" Could I... um... get close to you? ", (S/n) nervously asked.
Gill nodded, allowing him to get closer. (S/n) layed down next to him, almost caressing his scales with his own (s/c) ones.

- Timeskip -

It's been a while since they ran away together. (S/n) eventually confessed to Gill in that time. After that, they became a couple. Gill was hesitant at first because he remembered Coral and his own kingdom, but he eventually agreed after some consideration. Of course, Gill still cared about his kingdom, past wife, and his many children, but he couldn't bare to see them for a while.

However, Gill and (S/n) reluctantly revealed themselves to the world a while after the SandWing war ended. Gill had returned to his kingdom and Coral was delighted to see him. Coral wasn't the biggest fan of (S/n) at first, but she eventually took his word and accepted him into her family. (S/n) helped take care of all the SeaWing princes and of course, the small SeaWing princess, Auklet. Coral had time to relax as Gill helped run the Kingdom and (S/n) took care of her children.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Take some royal gay drama.

* Fades off into the rainbow colored horizon *

Anygay, I hope this was alright.

Published: Mar. 27th / 2022