Mutual pining (Shark X reader)

Requested by: Gypsy-Girl-727

Commander! Shark X Female! RainWing! Reader

- - -

Key:

(R/n) - RainWing name

(S/c) - Scale color

(E/c) - Eye color

- - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

☆ 3rd Person POV ☆

(R/n) growled a bit to herself, her (s/c) ruffs stained partially with streaks of red. She was just officially banished from her home, the Rainforest. She wasn't ashamed of what she just did, however she was mad at the current RainWing queen, Magnificent.

(R/n) always disproved of her. She argued with her often. Now, (R/n) got so fed up with the queen that she attacked her. As slapping her in the face with her (s/c) talon. Immediately after, Magnificent declared that the (s/c) RainWing was officially banished from the Rainforest. She was the second RainWing to be banished by Magnificent, the first one being Chameleon, all those years ago.

(R/n) was now trying to decide where she should go now. She had learned to read and write as a small dragonet by a kind, MudWing soldier that visited the Rainforest once. (R/n) can't really remember their face anymore, sadly. However, she does remember seeing a map of Pyrrhia. She decided to weigh out her options for a moment.

' The Mud Kingdom is that way. ', She thought, pointing in the direction with her (s/c) talon.
' Isn't there another kingdom that way as well? ', She questioned in her mind.
After a moment of consideration, She decided to follow her curiosity and find out herself.

- Timeskip -

A royal SeaWing guard found her and brought her to the deep palace. Soon, Queen Coral accepted the (s/c) RainWing as her personal, master spy on her behalf. (R/n) was allowed to live inside the palace with the Royal Family.

When (R/n) wasn't on duty, she helped care for the dragonets, especially a small SeaWing dragonet named Moray. Well, Princess Moray. She was the niece of Queen Coral, which technically meant she was a princess as well. Her father was Shark, a cold, sturdy and militaristic SeaWing, who was the main general of the entire SeaWing army.

Now, as (R/n) grew close with Moray, She and Shark also grew close. They were paired up quite frequently, due to their positions in Queen Coral's SeaWing arsenal. They also worked well together. Both tried their best to be reasonable with one another. And it worked almost every time.  They were a very good team.

Also, both were secretly pining for one another. They were too obvious that the other liked them back. Now, it's just a matter of time before someone needs to make the first move to win over the other.

- - -

The small grayish green dragonet shuffled over into the big room. She carefully held a small scroll in her talon.
" Father? ", She chirped, looking up at the adult SeaWing inside.
" Yes, Moray? ", Shark asked, looking over to his dragonet.
" I have something for you. ", She stated, passing the paper to him.

Shark was taken back a bit, a soft blush grazing over his dull gray-green scales. He looked away from the scroll and down at Moray.
" Did you draw this? ", He asked, politely.
" Is it not good? ", She questioned, frowning slightly.
" No, no, it's just.... ", He trailed off, placing the drawing on the table.

Two dragon were drawn on the scroll. One of being his own recognizable dull gray-green scales and a noticable pair of (s/c) scales. A small pink heart was written above them.

" Hey Shark, there is a new a- ", A voice spoke up, trailing off as she reached the room.
" What's that you got there? ", (S/n) questioned, orange and purple spots flecking her (s/c) ruffs.
" Uhhhh.. Nothing! ", Shark exclaimed, quickly trying to hide his daughter's drawing.

However, the paper flew and fell onto the floor. Moray walked over to it and flicked it, trying to remove any dust or debris. Quickly, (S/n) was at her side, looking down at the dragonet with a soft (e/c) gaze.

" May I see? ", (R/n) asked, bringing up her (s/c) talon to the scroll.
Moray nodded and set it carefully in her talon. (R/n) straighten it out as she brought it close to her (e/c) eyes. Shark looked away embarrassingly, shielding his pale eyes with his talon.

Similarly to Shark's reaction, (R/n)'s (s/c) cheeks burst into a hot pink shade. She then pulled her gaze from the drawing and towards Shark. Her heart pounded in her chest, strongly. Then, she looked at Moray, looking at her with big colorless eyes.

" Why did you draw this? ", (R/n) asked the small dragonet.
" Well, aren't you my mother? ", Moray questioned.
" I mean, not yet. Did someone tell you otherwise? ", (R/n) replied, swiftly glancing at Shark.
" Well, Queen Coral told me and she's almost always right. ", Moray stated.

" Oh you! ", Shark interjected, snapping at the crime of his sister.
Moray and (R/n) both looked at him, which Shark retreated into himself, huffing and puffing.
" Well, How bout you show your drawing to Queen Coral? I bet she would love to see it. ", (R/n) suggested, drifting the conversation, handing Moray back her drawing.
" Okay! ", Moray exclaimed, starryeyed, rushing out the room.
Now, it was just the flustered dragons, alone.

" So? ", (R/n) started, walking towards him.
Shark blushed and looking away from her still.
She rolled her (e/c) eyes and slithered towards him. Then, she quickly placed a soft kiss on his cheek. She backed down and left the room, leaving the strong and confident commander Shark flustered.

- Timeskip -

A small smooth pale green egg rested gently in the royal hatchery. The door carefully opened and a dragon slipped inside. He swam towards the egg and curled around it.

' Hello, my daughter. I can't wait til you hatch. Your mother will be so delighted to see you. ', Shark flashed in aquatic.
He softly picked up the egg and held it closely to his chest. Then, the egg began twitching violently. Shark jumped back, extending his talon, still holding the egg. She began to hatch.

After a couple of moments, a small head popped out. The small dragonet flicked her (s/c) and gray-green ruffs out, stretching them.
' You sure take after your mother ~ ', Shark thought, smiling and placing a soft peck on his dragonet's forehead.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Here, I have another oneshot for you! I haven't done Shark in a while. I hope I did him alright :)

Published: Sept. 27th / 2022