Love outside the Hive (Blue X reader)

Requested by: Ilikedragonsbro

Blue X Protective! Male! PoisonWing (LeafWing)! Reader

- - -

Key:

(L/n) - LeafWing name

(S/c) - Scale color

(E/c) - Eye color

- - -

- - - - -

Warning: Contains a bit of blood / pain, and drama.

- - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

☆ 3rd person POV ☆

The night buzzed around Blue. He couldn't sleep, due to what was revealed to him earlier that day. He peered down at his wrists, with a negative expression across his face and eyes. He shook his head and then peered over at Cricket and Bumblebee, who were sleeping soundly. Cricket was curled up, her buttercup-colored scaled tail wrapped around her and snuggling Bumblebee gently and securely in her talons.

' I really need to clear my head ', He thought to himself, beginning to slowly get up, so as to not disturb the two HiveWings.

He slowly crawled out of the small hut he was in. He peered outside, scanning his surroundings. There were only a few LeafWings up, most likely guarding the village from any nocturnal threats. Blue wasn't sure if they would be mad if they spotted him, he hoped they wouldn't be. If they were anything like Sundew's mother, Belladonna, they would surely be upset. So, he snuck out, avoiding the watching eyes and being very light on his light blue and lavender talons.

Soon, he found a calm spot in the jungle that wasn't so dangerous and was relatively close to the village if he had to get back quickly. The dark green bushes looked soft and there were small fireflies that lit up the space in their gentle yellow light. Blue sighed as he thought he was safe. He let his mind wander, he watched the fireflies in a calm gaze. Even with this world feeling so alien to him, these fireflies felt like the beauty of this new place. A cute smile painted itself on Blue's snout.

Then, suddenly, a rustle appeared from the bushes, Blue jumped, his wings flaring out in shock. Blue was relieved when he found a familiar face that popped out of the bushes. It was (L/n). A confident, yet sweet LeafWing that somehow convinced Belladonna not to be so hard on him, Cricket, and Bumblebee. Plus, Blue did find this (s/c) LeafWing quite attractive with both personality and looks, very handsome and cute. The two did have some brief conversation before Belladonna ordered (L/n) to gather food and bugs for weapons.

" There you are, Blue. I've been looking for you. ", (L/n) stated in a hushed voice.

" You've been looking for me? ", Blue questioned.

" Of course, I have. I mean, I was stationed to stand guard for tonight. I was just going to check up on you and Cricket, but then you weren't there, so I needed to make sure you were safe ", (L/n) informed, calmly.

" Thank you for checking up on me. ", Blue nodded.

" Of course. Just curious, why are you out here? ", (L/n) asked, finally fully coming out of the bushes.

" Had to clear my mind. It's been a lot. ", Blue admitted, looking at the fireflies again.

" I understand. Would you mind if I sat with you for a bit? ", (L/n) offered.

" I wouldn't mind at all. ", Blue stated.

(L/n) carefully sat next to Blue, closely but not touching.