Peachy Little Brother (Sky & reader)

Requested by: hercega 

Sky X Gender-neutral! NightWing/IceWing hybrid! reader

- - -

Key:

(H/n) - Hybrid name

(S/c) - Scale color

(E/c) - Eye color

- - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

☆ 3rd person POV ☆

(H/n) inhaled, deeply. They decided to fly down to Sanctuary to visit one of their old friends, Winter. As (H/n) went to Jade Mountain Academy for a short while, the two dragons made a truce, in a way. They agreed on being allies, as they were similar to each other and they could understand each other quite well.

Soon, Winter and (H/n) stopped going to Jade Mountain Academy. They both stayed on good terms. Allies stay together, after all.

The (s/c) hybrid wasn't expecting too much from the short flight. However, something caught the dragon's (e/c) eye. It was a pale orange tail. It was too pale to be a SkyWing, but didn't have the tail spikes of an IceWing. (H/n) was intrigued by this discovery.

As (H/n) got closer to the unusual dragon, voices began to fill their ears. There were two voices that could determine one from the other. What was also interesting was both the voices were a combination of almost unintelligible words and scavenger-like squawking.

As (H/n)'s (s/c) scaled head saw the origin of the tail, it would seem as if a Scavenger began screaming at them, which baffled (H/n).

" Hey! You get away from Sky! ", The Scavenger hissed, holding a weapon.

" Woah, I am not sure how you can talk, but I wasn't going to hurt anyone! ", (H/n) expressed, their (e/c) eyes tensing.

With that, (H/n) saw a SkyWing that was the same color as the tail. The SkyWing's eyes were the pale blue tint of IceWing's scales. The SkyWing almost instinctively hid behind the Scavenger.

" Again, I'm not gonna hurt anyone. ", (H/n) repeated, their (e/c) eyes on the Scavenger.

" You better not... ", The Scavenger growled, glaring at the hybrid.

" Now, I'm even more intrigued. How is there a talking Scavenger with a different looking SkyWing? How are you talking? Are you a hybrid? Maybe a SkyWing and IceWing hybrid? ", (H/n) rambled, switching their eyes between the two.

" Hybrid? ", The SkyWing questioned, tilting his head.

" Do you not know what a hybrid is? ", (H/n) asked, tilting their (s/c) head.

The SkyWing shook his head.

" Well, a hybrid is a combination between two different tribes. For example, I'm a hybrid myself. My mother is a NightWing and my father is an IceWing. And they made me. That's why I look a bit different. I noticed you look different from the others too. I thought you were a hybrid like myself. I was assuming you had a SkyWing mother and an IceWing father. ", (H/n) explained.

" Ohhhh. Wren, am I a hybrid? ", The SkyWing questioned.

" I don't think so, you look like a full mountain dragon to me, Sky. ", Wren replied.

" Hmmm, interesting.. ", (H/n) mumbled to themself, bringing their (s/c) talon to their face.

" What's interesting? ", Sky questioned, in an oblivious tone.

" Just your dynamic. A talking Scavenger and an odd-colored SkyWing. It's just intriguing. ", (H/n) expressed.

" I wonder why you are pale like an IceWing, without having any other traits than that. ", (H/n) wondered, eyeing Sky with a soft (e/c) gaze.

" Wait, can you do this? ", (H/n) asked, coming up with an idea.

(H/n) breathed in deeply, filling their lungs with air. As they breathed out, a small flicker of (red/orange/blue/purple) flame escaped their mouth, with a puff of (white/gray/black) smoke accompanying it. Sky attempted to copy them, but was met with failure.

" Oh, that explains it. You have no fire. That's why your scales are paler than they should be. ", (H/n) informed.

" Of course, it's not a bad thing. Just makes you, well you. ", (H/n) added.

" Well, I do love being myself. Also, Wren does too. ", Sky noted.

" You're right, Sky. I do enjoy when you are yourself. ", Wren confirmed, with a playful roll of her brown eyes.

- Timeskip -

Soon, (H/n) basically adopted Sky as their younger brother. They will in fact protect him with their life. Especially due to his sweet nature.

With the help of Jade Mountain Academy, specifically Starflight and the library, (H/n) taught Sky to fully read and write Dragon. Plus, the hybrid taught him all about dragon society and all the different tribes.

(H/n) knew that he was the twin of the fiery SkyWing, Peril. But, they knew both of them would not be ready to reunite after at least eight years apart.

' Maybe, one day. ', (H/n) thought as they gazed at Peril with some new scrolls in their talons for Sky to read.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This is a short oneshot, but I hope you enjoy it! As there wasn't much for me to go off of I made the reader and curious, smart, and cold-headed dragon. Plus, a majority of the fandom basically has wanted to adopt Sky.

As usual, the computer uploads will look funny. Just gonna point that out. 

( Published: Aug. 15th / 2023 )

(Edited: Mar. 30th / 2024)