Dance'n in September (Mandrake X reader)

Requested by: renx-of-3060

Mandrake X Adventurous! Female! SeaWing! Reader

- - -

Key:

(S/n) - SeaWing name

(S/c) - Scale color

(E/c) - Eye color

(F/c) - Favorite color

- - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

☆ 3rd Person POV ☆

(S/n) swam over the sea with her two companions, Tsumani and Turtle. A sweet LeafWing allowed the three SeaWings onto the Poison Jungle's dangerous shore. The three reside in the LeafWing village of the SapWings (as Sundew stated).

(S/n) was quite social after a time of recovery. She met many of the LeafWings, including a nervous, but understanding LeafWing named Mandrake. The two dragons became close very quickly, hanging out constantly.

One night, a celebration was held in the middle of the village. Decorations were everywhere among the trees, houses and the other plants. Lights lit up the dance floor below. The LeafWings are scattered about, many with smiles upon their faces. Laughs, shouts and tapping of talons are present, following the frequency of the music that was being played.

Mandrake wasn't among the crowd, however. He was on the far sidelines, just watching (S/n) dance around and enjoy herself. He yearned about the daydream of dancing together with the (s/c) SeaWing, but he was way too nervous. And he needed to close his eyes when anxious, which wasn't that practical.

As he observed her spin with her (e/c) eyes twinkling, he replayed on his favorite experiences with her. Starting with the earliest events.

Sundew was the one who unintentionally introduced the two. Mandrake got curious about the SapWing village and went in with the two girlfriends of Willow and Sundew. That's when he met her. Immediately as his eyes landed on her, his heart yearned, tenderly loud in his chest. He couldn't wait to get closer to her.

Overtime, he fell for her, more and more. She is funny, smart, loyal and adventurous. She seemed almost like a dream to him, but this was real. He just yearned to make her laugh like she did. He couldn't help, but want to always be by her (s/c) side.

Willow brought Mandrake out of his thoughts.
" You should go talk to her. ", Willow advised with a smirk.
Mandrake's cheeks flushed a deep crimson shade.
" I know you like her. Now, give it a shot. You never know if she likes you back until you tell her ~ ", Willow teased, giggling.
" But- ", Mandrake started.
" No, buts. Go out there! ", Willow cut him off.

Willow pushed Mandrake onto the dance floor, towards (S/n).
" Dance with her! ", Willow gestured to him, pushing him again.
Mandrake flushed as he almost bashed into (S/n)'s (s/c) chest.

" Hey, Mandrake! ", (S/n) greeted, brightly, flashing him a friendly smile.
" Hey, (S/n). ", Mandrake greeted, shyly.
" Would you like to dance to me? ", (S/n) offered.
" Sure, but I'm not the best at dancing. ", He admitted, looking away from her.
" Don't worry, I'll lead! ", She exclaimed.

Instantly, She put her (s/c) talons with his, intertwining them together. His and her (e/c) eyes were locked together. Slowly, (S/n) guided him. As Mandrake got the hang of it, they almost glided along the dance floor with grace. Willow smiled as she watched the scene from the sidelines, gripping Sundew's talon.

As the music continued, Mandrake could only focus on her. All the other LeafWings faded away from view, even the melodies faded. He was absolutely lovestruck in that moment. Her smile was everything to him. It was making his heart pound in his chest.

Soon, without realizing fully, the two dragonets slip away from the crowd. (S/n) began to pull away when she felt the colder grass underneath her (s/c) talons. Mandrake was lost for a moment, still caught up in the drifting embrace. (S/n) turned her head, her (e/c) eyes back towards the direction of the crowd.

" We should go back. ", She informed, stepping closer to the lit up leafs behind her.
" Wait! ", He pleaded, his eyes wide, reaching out to her, yearning to keep close.
(S/n) turned back towards him, with a puzzled look in her (e/c) eyes.
" I want to tell you something... important. ", He admitted, hesitantly.

She then returned to his side, wanting to hear what he had to say.
" Actually, I've needed to tell you this for a while... ", He confirmed.
His eyes drifted to the ground for a moment. He noticed a small concealed flower bud towards his talons. He closed his eyes for a moment and tried to communicate with his power of leafspeak.

' Come on, please. ', He begged, just praying it would work this time.
Soon, the small bud extended and bloomed into a (f/c) flower. Mandrake opened his eyes, surprised at himself. (S/n) stared down at it, with amazement in her (e/c) eyes as they were twinkling as they were upon the plant.

He picked the flower and brought it up to her (s/c) talons, which she didn't hesitate to grab.
" I love you. I just can't get you out of my head. You're so beautiful, so adorable, so loveable. I needed to finally get it off my chest. If I got my fantasy of having a life with you, it would be an absolute dream. ", He confessed, not meeting her eyes.
Her lips began a grin, looking at his shy reaction.
" Well, I guess this is a dream come true ~ ", She cooed.

Then, Mandrake felt a kiss upon his left cheek. She kissed him. His face began redder than a shiny ruby.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

New Character time!
Mandrake joined the party!

It was a bit difficult only using ' nervous, but understanding ' for his character, but I think I did good with this.

I hope you enjoy this nervous LeafWing boy! :D

Published: Nov. 13th / 2022