Trust issues (Moon X Reader)

Requested by: thumbsfingersknees

Moonwatcher (Moon) X Supportive! Gender-Neutral! NightWing! Reader

- -

Part two of:  ' Anxiety '

(One of my older oneshots...)

- -

- - -

Key:

(N/n) - NightWing name

(S/c) - Scale color

(E/c) - Eye color

(F/c) - Favorite color

(F/f) - Favorite fruit

- - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

☆ 3rd Person POV ☆

Moonwatcher has not been well ever since the incident with Darkstalker. Even though he was now a tiny dragonet named Peacemaker, the NightWing couldn't help but worry. What another one of her friends turned out to be evil?

(N/n) had grown worried for her. Overtime, Moon became more and more distant for others. Especially her closest friends, being the Jade Winglet and (N/n).

Moon stared down at the rushing river below her. Thoughts in her head ran like a pouring waterfall. Ever ending and branching in every which way.

- Meanwhile -

" Moon? Moon!? ", The (s/c) NightWing dragonet called out, their (s/c) colored, star speckled wings tense.

Nothing. (N/n) had looked for Moon for a while now, with no luck. They were starting to lose hope.

" Kinkajou? ", (N/n) addressed, as their (e/c) eyes landed on the jovial yellow and pink RainWing dragonet that hung from a tree branch, her scales bathing in the sunlight.

" Oh, hey (N/n)! What's up? ", Kinkajou greeted, flaring her ruffs in a positive way.

" Have you seen Moon anywhere? ", (N/n) asked, picturing her in their mind.

" No, the last time I saw her, she told me she wanted to be by herself. At that was... about a couple of hours ago? ", Kinkajou informed, shaking her head. 

" Thanks. ", (N/n) sighed, their (e/c) gaze darkening. 

" I hope you find her. ", Kinkajou added, as (N/n) started to leave.

" I do too. ", (N/n) whispered, under their breath. 

" Oh, there you are! ", (N/n) beamed, as their (e/c) widened as they spotted Moonwatcher by the river.

" Oh hey... ", Moon greeted, after being startled, curling her tail around herself. 

" Are you alright? ", (N/n) frowned, slowly walking towards Moon, wanting to respect Moon's personal space.

Moonwatcher sighed, looking over back to the river, blinking her dark green eyes. 

" You don't have to tell me what's wrong, but I want you to know that I care about you. ", (N/n) reassured, with a calm, comforting smile. 

" But, for what reason? ", Moon countered, not taking her eyes off of the flowing water.

" What? I like you... for you. ", (N/n)'s tone was taken back and concerned, lowering their (s/c) wings. 

" What about my powers? ", Moon continued, glancing over at the other NightWing. 

" What about your powers? Sure, you have mind-reading and some future sight, but that doesn't define you, you know? ", (N/n) blinked, still having their concerned tone in their voice. 

Moon sighed, folding her wings in closer to herself, her dark green eyes were round, yet tense. She had a strong frown upon her snout. It was clear she was thinking about something, but it was unclear what of. (N/n) seemed very worried about their crush. She used to be so loving, even with her shy demeanor. The (s/c) NightWing dragonet then looked at their (f/c) necklace that had a small piece of skyfire from Turtle. They lightly grabbed the (f/c) holding, and pulled it off, placing it on the ground near them. This caused (N/n) thoughts to now be heard by Moonwatcher.

" Moon, you know that I do have feelings for you. And seeing you like this worries me greatly. I love you, for who you are. Not just for your powers. ", (N/n) confessed, looking into Moon's eyes.

" Well, I don't know... ", Moon replied, making eye contact as she read their thoughts and intentions.

" I know you don't have to love me back, but I want to tell you that I will always be here for you, through night and day. I don't need every detail of what's bothering you, but I need to make sure that you are alright. You know I care a lot about you. ", (N/n) admitted, blushing just a bit, feeling their heart rate speed up.

Moon was hesitant, but she slowly grabbed (N/n)'s (s/c) talon, intertwining her talon with theirs. 

" Well, I have known you almost my whole life... ", Moon whispered to herself. 

" Would some food help ease your mind too? I've been meaning to have some (f/f) soon. ", (N/n) offered, slowly starting to smile.

" I think that would be nice actually. ", Moon returned the smile, then giving (N/n) a small kiss on the cheek.

" So, do you love me or... ", (N/n) asked in a quiet voice, blushing as they continued holding Moon's talon.

" Possibly. ", Moon giggled, starting to feel slightly better.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

As this is a part 2 of a very old oneshot, I would like to know if I improved over my time writing this book. Just for a personal thing. But, anyway, I hope you enjoy this oneshot and I will attempt to get more out soon! :)

(Published: Jan. 19th / 2024)