It must be true love (Whirlpool X reader)

Requested by: xMcSalty

Whirlpool X Male! SeaWing! Reader

- - -

Key:

(S/n) - SeaWing name

(S/c) - Scale color

(E/c) - Eye color

- - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

☆ 3rd person POV ☆

(S/n) and Whirlpool had met through being partners in working on recreating Queen Coral's scrolls and works she would approve of. As the (s/c) SeaWing being the great illustrator he is, has recreated many of the pictures perfectly with Whirlpool's invention of never fading ink, in various colors with their hues, tints and shades. During the time the two SeaWings were paired together, a rivalry had formed that sizzled into a love-hate relationship and then finally (S/n) had realized that he had gained feelings for the dark green SeaWing.

However, even with his feelings (S/n) knew about Whirlpool's ambitions with king status by marrying Anemone. The (s/c) SeaWing didn't approve of this, but he decided he should hint at Whirlpool to get his attention. Parhaps it would be better for both (S/n) and the SeaWing princesses that way.

Now, the (s/c) SeaWing had been dropping hints about his feelings towards the dark green SeaWing. (S/n) draw pictures of Whirlpool and himself. Usually with precise detail as with every little scale and shading. He left them out for Whirlpool to see, but Whirlpool never said anything to (S/n), which actually quite upset the (s/c) SeaWing. Even, after a while, He bought Whirlpool flowers in all shades and colors. He put them in a vase and near Whirlpool works. Again, nothing. Soon, (S/n) got fed up with Whirlpool's lack of awareness of his feelings.

(S/n) had finally decided to take this matter into his own talons. He knew Whirlpool is giving Anemone her animus training at the moment. So, he decided to go there.

As excepted, he heard rude comments between Anemone and Whirlpool. He rolled his (e/c) eyes. He hated this side of him, being terrible to the princess and basically just rude in general. But the (s/c) SeaWing kept going forward, remembering he wasn't going to back out this time.

As he heard the entrance, he knocked the egde with his (s/c) talon. That seemed to get their attention.
" Who dares to interfer- ", Whirlpool started, before realizing who it was.
" (S/n)! What are you doing here? ", He then asked, a bit surprised.
" Well, you need to come with me. ", (S/n) told him.
" Why? Is it for the queen? ", Whirlpool questioned, squinting his pale green eyes.
" No, but it's quite important. ", (S/n) confirmed.
" But, our training session isn't complete. ", Whirlpool argued, shooting a glance at Anemone.
" Your training can wait. This is an urgent matter. ", (S/n) snapped back, getting a bit frustrated with him.

Whirlpool looked at Anemone for a moment, glaring at her. Then, he looked at (S/n). The (s/c) SeaWing was looking at him with a serious face. After a couple of moments, Whirlpool groaned and rolled his eyes.
" Fine, you better not be lying to me. ", He reluctantly agreed, walking to him.
" I'm not, trust me. ", (S/n) replied, revealing a small smile.

As the two SeaWings were walking away, (S/n) looked back at Anemone. She was happy that Whirlpool was leaving. (S/n) winked at her and gave her a small nod. She returned the nod.
' I'm glad I could save her from him. ', He thought, still walking off.

- Short Timeskip -

" Now, what is it you wanted? ", Whirlpool asked.
" Really? You haven't gotten any clue? ", (S/n) questioned with a twinge of anger in his voice.
" No, why would I? ", Whirlpool rudely replied, rolling his pale green eyes.
" You idiot! You seriously haven't noticed!? ", (S/n) finally snapped, flareing his (s/c) wings, tensing his (e/c) eyes and lighting up all of his glowing stripes.

Whirlpool blinked in surprise and jumped back a bit. He'd never seen (S/n) this angry.

" No...? ", Whirlpool told him, a bit hesitant.
" Fine, I'll show you directly. ", (S/n) stated, calming down a bit.
Then, He planted a small kiss on Whirlpool's cheek. The dark green SeaWing held his talon up to his cheek.

" There. Now, do you see it? ", (S/n) questioned.
" Yes... I... ", Whirlpool started, a bit flustered.
After a couple of moments, He spoke again.
" How long have you felt this way? ", Whirlpool asked, looking into (S/n)'s (e/c) eyes.
" A very long time now. I was fed up with you because you were absolutely oblivious to it. ", (S/n) confirmed.

" Actually, I think I might feel the same way. So, does this mean we can be together? ", Whirlpool admitted.
" Yes, but I do have rules. Because we need them. Rule number one- ", (S/n) told him, eventually going off into rants and stuff.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now, I'm going off the idea that maybe Whirlpool was just a jerk, who wanted the King position. I don't agree with his actions, but if he was even a slight decent dragon, this would probably my best idea.

This may not be the best or anything, so I apologize if it's a bit bad at times. There isn't a lot of good that I could've gone off on <3

I hope you enjoy this 'if slimy was a dragon' oneshot tho (or not)

Published: Sep. 4th / 2022