A second soulmate (Darkstalker X reader)

Requested by: DragonCookie_10

Darkstalker X Vengeful and Intelligent! Soothsayer! Female! NightWing / RainWing hybrid! Reader

- - -

Key:

(H/n) - Hybrid name

(S/c) - Scale color

(E/c) - Eye color

(F/g) - Favorite gem

(F/f) - Favorite fruit

- - -

- - - - -

Warnings: Showings of unalive

- - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

☆ 3rd Person POV ☆

Like with Clearsight, Darkstalker also fell in love with this hybrid, that was named (H/n). She has future-seeing powers, just like Clearsight. But, not as powerful, of course.

They had met recently before Darkstalker was put to sleep under Agate Mountain. (H/n) was so upset when her crush disappeared. However, the (s/c) hybrid always kept him in mind, as she glanced at (f/g) necklace that he'd given her. Unfortunately, what they both didn't see was that (H/n) was immortal, just like Darkstalker was.

(H/n) flew out of the rainforest, while munching on a (f/f). She decided it would be a great time to visit one of her friends at Jade Mountain Academy, which they were attending. A small leather pouch rested upon her (s/c) side, containing small items and more (f/f). However, when she arrived there, she was met with a shocking, yet glorious sight.

It was Darkstalker, in the middle of two split mountain peaks.
" Darkstalker? ", (H/n) questioned, while her (e/c) eyes had hope in them.
Suddenly, he whipped his head and neck upwards at met those (e/c) eyes with this own.
" (H/n)? Is that you? ", Darkstalker called back.
" Yes, it's me. ", (H/n) confirmed, nodding.

Quickly, they joined in a hug. Darkstalker and (H/n) had so much to catch up upon. Especially Darkstalker, who had been sleeping for the past two thousand years.

- Timeskip -

King Darkstalker and Queen (H/n) were watching over their NightWing subjects from a balcony. However, the (s/c) hybrid hissed at a sudden pain in her head.
" Are you alright? ", Darkstalker asked with concern, turning towards her.
Her (e/c) eyes seemed to be glossed over for a moment. When, they returned to normal, (H/n) expression changed to a mix of concern, anger and shock.

" Are you alright? What happened? ", Darkstalker repeated, grabbing onto her (s/c) talon.
" I saw a vision. You're not going to like this. ", (H/n) admitted.
" What did you see? ", Darkstalker questioned, with a stern look.

" You will be tricked into eating a strawberry with your own spell and transform into a NightWing/RainWing hybrid dragonet with no memories of his past nor powers. ", She told him, picturing the rainbow sparkled wings of the hatchling.
Darkstalker gasped at this, recoiling a bit.
" Who tricks me, my love? ", He asked, filling a small fire flicker in his throat.
" Your mother and the Jade Winglet. ", (H/n) stated.

" My mother? ", He murmured.
" Yes, your mother is alive. She was cursed and as been released. ", She informed.
" I don't like the sound of this. Not one bit. ", He growled, glaring down, catch up in his own mind.
" I knew you wouldn't. ", She remarked.

" Now, we stop try a way to stop them. ", (H/n) prompted with an evil smirk.
" Yes, what do you have in mind? ", Darkstalker chuckled, sharing that malicious smile.

- Timeskip -

" Now, you can't be hurt. ", (H/n) stated.
" This will go wonderfully! Now, they'll regret attempting to trick me! ", Darkstalker explained.

Then, the scene played out as it did it the vision. A small NightWing/RainWing hybrid dragonet appeared before Darkstalker. It was supposed to be Peacemaker, however everyone didn't know that this was all an illusion set up by the king, himself. Now, it was time for revenge.

To celebrate, The Jade Winglet and Foeslayer decided to eat some various foods. Yet, they didn't know that an enchantment was put on the food as well. After they all took their food, they felt a weird feeling in their stomachs. Then, they began to shirk.

Soon, there were tiny dragonets on the stone floor. They looked confused as they stared at each other, not knowing who the others were. They had no memories of the past, as if they were just hatched.

Things went back to normal, until a second vision struck (H/n). A SandWing with a light brown triangle pattern upon her sandy wings. She held an enchanted candleholder in her talon, which when she smashed it, all animus magic will be erased. (H/n) needed to tell Darkstalker, immediately.

" Darkstalker! ", She shouted, flaring her (s/c) wings in alarm.
Darkstalker whipped his head around to face her.
" What is it? ", He asked.
" I had another vision, worse than the last one. ", (H/n) admitted, her (e/c) eyes tense.
" Oh no, this can't be good. Please tell me what you saw! ", Darkstalker shouted out with concern in his tone.

- Short timeskip -

(H/n) and Darkstalker landed before the sandy hut. The candleholder was in place, but just before the SandWing could enchant it, she felt a strong talon around her neck. Then, there was a loud snap, causing her to go limp.

" There. You can't remove my power any longer. ", Darkstalker growled, looking at her corpse below him.
Then, he swiftly stormed out of the hut, seeing his love once again.
" She's gone. ", He announced, with a smile.
(H/n) let out a big sigh of relief.
" Great, we can finally have our happy future that we've craved for so long. ", She stated, happily.

With the passing years, they had multiple dragonets. All of them being tribrids of NightWing, RainWing and IceWing. All of them had mostly Nightwing features, along with a sprinkle of the other tribes, more RainWing than IceWing. Now, they lived happily and ruled over the Night Kingdom with their many heirs.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

So, I suppose this oneshot is centered around revenge, but it suppose it semi-counts as fluff. Perhaps it's even a hybrid between fluff and angst. But anyway-

Also, I hope I made Jerboa III accurately. I'm still reading The Dangerous Gift, however I read her enchantment wording, so I based the scene off of that. I hope it's good!

Published: Dec. 24th / 2022