Indirect affections (Octopus X reader)

Requested by: SkyClanBranchleap

Prince! Octopus X Scrollworm! Friendly and Energetic! Female! RainWing! Reader

- - -

Key:

(R/n) - RainWing name

(S/c) - Scale color

(E/c) - Eye color

(F/n) - Friend name

- - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

☆ 3rd Person POV ☆

(R/n) discovered Octopus's existence from Turtle, one of her best friends. Octopus was one of Turtle's many brothers, one of thirty one, anyway. He was mischievous and competitive, challenging young Turtle to races.

So, with this, (R/n) was delighted when Turtle told her that his hatchmates, Octopus and Cerulean, were deciding on visiting or even attending Jade Mountain Academy soon.

The energetic RainWing was almost bouncing on her (s/c) talons upon the flat stone entrance.
" Well, you sure are excited. ", Turtle commented, being beside the RainWing.
" Why wouldn't I be? This is exciting! Meeting new dragonets, especially your siblings is very exciting! ", (R/n) argued with a smile across her snout.
" If you say so. ", Turtle shrugged.

Soon, two dragonets appeared on the same stone entrance. Both were built very similar to Turtle, which was expected. The first thing that (R/n) noticed about them was the royal markings on the underside of their wings. Yep, they definitely were Turtle's brothers.

" Why, nice to see you, Cerulean, Octopus. ", Turtle addressed with a slightly awkward smile.
" Woah, this is the place? ", The one, named Octopus spoke up.
" It sure is. ", Cerulean commented, looking over at the mountain.
" It sure is something to see. Wonder what they teach here. ", Octopus stated, thinking out loud.
" Well, I should probably show you inside, shouldn't I? ", Turtle prompted.

Before the three royal SeaWings went inside, Octopus looked eyes with that pretty (s/c) RainWing, that had memorizing (e/c) eyes.
" Wait, who is this? ", He asked, blinking.
" That's- ", Turtle started.
" I'm (R/n)! Nice to meet you, Prince Octopus! ", (R/n) interrupted him, with yellow splatting along her (s/c) scales.
" Is she your girlfriend? ~ ", Cerulean teased.
" No! I'm not interested in romance, anyway. ", Turtle argued, a slight blush resting on his dark green cheeks.
" You're missing out ~ ", Cerulean cooed.
" I doubt that. ", Turtle commented.

- Timeskip -

The longer Octopus had stayed, the stronger that a certain (s/c) RainWing's feelings grew for him. She learned he was better than she had ever imagined. He was the confident, cunning, and lighthearted dragon that she'd be waiting for.

Now, (R/n) needed to know if he would like her back in the same way. She had read many scrolls that told of blissful romance. However, was it all that easy when in practice? 

(R/n) lead in her leaf green well-woven hammock, scrolls are piled up on her (s/c) body. She was rereading all her romance scrolls, studying them closely.
" Snout still in those scrolls? ", A voice spoke out.

(R/n) slightly jumped and shifted her (e/c) eyes to the source of the voice. It was revealed in was one of her friends, (F/n), which was also her clawmate. The female NightWing held scrolls in her dark talons.

" Why are you even reading those so much all of a sudden? ", (F/n) asked, as she placed the new scrolls into the scroll rack.
" Well... It's complicated. ", (R/n) told her.
" Is it that visiting SeaWing prince that you keep eyeing? ", (F/n) questioned, with a smile appearing on her dark snout.
" Maybe... ", (R/n) stated, a blush resting upon her cheeks and her scales dirtied with streaks of pink.

" Well, you should tell him, (R/n). ", (F/n) suggested, honestly.
" I know, but I don't know how to. I'm still wondering if these scrolls are right how easy romance is. ", (R/n) admitted, her (s/c) scales becoming patches of orange and green.
" Wow, you're way smarter than I thought. ", (F/n) commented.
" Just because I'm a RainWing doesn't mean I'm stupid! ", (R/n) expressed, orange and green turning into a blazing red shade.
" I know, it is a joke. ", (F/n) snickered.

" It wasn't very funny. ", (R/n) stated, crossing her front talons.
" You say that all the time. Now, could you come down? ", (F/n) asked.
" Why? ", (R/n) questioned.
" So, I could help you come up with a plan, obviously. ", (F/n) stated, rolling her eyes.

- Timeskip -

With the help of Mightyclaws, (R/n) had learned to paint. (F/n) thought the (s/c) RainWing could paint him a picture with a confession letter attached to it. (R/n) decided to go with that idea and painted him an underwater landscape to remind him of home. It is full of aquatic life like various colors of coral, plants and fish. (R/n) attached a rolled up scroll on the back to it, so Octopus could take it at read it.

(R/n) popped her (s/c) head inside Turtle's sleeping cave with the painting in her talons.
" Hey Turtle? ", (R/n) asked.
" Oh, hey (R/n). What's going on? ", Turtle answered in a friendly manner.
" Where do your brothers stay while they're here? ", (R/n) questioned.
" In one of the underground lakes. Would you like me to take you to them? ", Turtle offered.
" Yes, please. ", (R/n) nodded.

When they arrived at the right underground lake, Cerulean dived into the water, splashing it everywhere. Octopus laughed, beaming with joy. Then, he noticed the duo of (R/n) and Turtle.

" Oh hey, why are you two here? ", He asked, eyeing them both.
" I'm here to drop this off for you. ", (R/n) prompted, handing him the painted.
However, then she quickly sped away.
" What was that about? ", Cerulean asked, poking his head out of the water.
" I actually have no idea. ", Turtle stated, honestly with a puzzled look on his face.

- Meanwhile -

(R/n) skidded inside her sleeping cave, completely out of breath.
" Well? ", (F/n) asked.
" It is done, now we need to wait. ", (R/n) told her.

- Another Timeskip -

Octopus poked his head into (R/n)'s sleeping cave's entrance.
" (R/n)? ", He called out.
" Yeah? ", (R/n) answered, arising and slipping down from her hammock.

" I just wanted to say is, yes. ", Octopus stated.
" Yes to what? ", (R/n) questioned.
" To being yours ~ ", Octopus cooed.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I know that I wouldn't do characters that were barely mentioned, but I thought I would challenge myself. I hope you enjoy this request! :D

Also, I wanted to share my headcannon design for Octopus as there isn't one official one currently. I thought he would be similar to a Blue-ringed octopus, but instead of yellow he would be green. So, green SeaWing with spots / splats / markings of deep blue.

Published: Jan 20th / 2023