Sweet fruity lovers (Turtle X reader)

Requested by: Ilikedragonsbro

Turtle X Talkative! Male! RainWing! Reader

- - -

Key:

(R/n) - RainWing name

(S/c) - Scale color

(E/c) - Eye color

(F/f) - Favorite fruit

- - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

☆ 3rd person POV ☆

" Oh, hey Kinkajou. ", Turtle greeted, pausing when he spotted a (s/c) RainWing next to Kinkajou.

" Who's this? ", Turtle asked, after a moment.

" This is (R/n)! One of my friends from back home! ", The yellow and pink RainWing dragon beamed, turning her head to (R/n), " (R/n), this is Turtle, another one of my friends here! ".

" Nice to meet you, Turtle! Kinkajou has told me lots about you! I do see what she meant! ", (R/n) greeted with a toothy smile, his (s/c) ruffs turning a combination of lavender and gold, showing his excitement about meeting the introverted SeaWing he had heard a lot about.

" Do you like plants by chance? ", (R/n) suddenly asked, his ruffs changing to a blue shade, along with his (e/c) eyes sparkling slightly.

Turtle nodded, always enjoying all the foliage he was surrounded by in the Deep Palace when he was younger, especially when hiding from his brothers during hide-and-seek. He had a good feeling about (R/n), showing by the small smile on his dark emerald snout.

- Timeskip -

As time passed, Turtle and (R/n) have gotten closer and closer. In the underground lakes, Turtle would swim, and listen to (R/n) ramble about all the plants and fruits he had discovered facts about. (R/n)'s (s/c) ruffs would always be a tint of lavender as he did so. Turtle enjoyed (R/n)'s rambles, even putting some of the knowledge he gained from (R/n) in the short stories he would write in his free time.

Now, the two dragonets were in the prey center, in one of the quieter corners. Turtle was finishing up bits of fish, and (R/n) bit into his fruit, wiping some of the juice off his scales with his talon. Suddenly, it got extremely loud in the Prey Center.

(R/n) grumbled and slightly hissed at the noise, his (s/c) ruffs turning bright orange. Even having white speckles freckling them. Turtle noticed (R/n)'s discomfort, frowning.

Throughout their friendship, Turtle noted (R/n)'s habits. (R/n) hated when it got too loud. Immediately his ruffs would turn into a warning orange color, or even a red or black if it got too much. Turtle knew that (R/n) got overwhelmed with all the sound, just like Moonwatcher would with the minds when she first came to Jade Mountain Academy. So, to help him, Turtle made the (s/c) RainWing a gift.

Despite the noise, Turtle attempted to redirect (R/n)'s attention. When he got the RainWing's attention, he pulled out a Java Fern, gesturing it to (R/n). With (R/n) love of plants, he gently took it from Turtle. Then, his (e/c) widened in surprise as the voices and roars of dragons slowly faded into the background.

" Is that better? ", Turtle questioned, slowly, showing concern in his dark green eyes.
" How did... what? ", (R/n) stammered, immediately puzzled by the animus magic he held in his (s/c) talons.
" It's magic. Glide your talon from the top to the bottom. ", Turtle softly instructed, gesturing his talon to the fern.

(R/n) nodded, slowly pressing his talon from the top to the bottom of the aquatic plant. As his (s/c) talon went down, the sound of the dragons in the background got louder. Then, as he went to the top of the plant, it deafened again.

" You made this? ", (R/n) asked, his (e/c) eyes looking back up at Turtle, with curiosity glinting in them.

" I did. You can keep it. It's for you. I thought it would help you. ", Turtle reassured with a caring smile.

" Thank you. ", (R/n) chirped, his (e/c) gaze softening, and his ruffs turning a yellow and pink, just like Kinkajou's scales.

- Time skip -

" So, you like (R/n), huh? ", Kinkajou mischievously whispered into Turtle's ear, causing the emerald-green SeaWing to jump.

" You know? ", Turtle replied, in just above a whisper, his snout being shaded with a brush of red.

" Well, he only talks about you, like all the time. ", Kinkajou stated, in a teasing tone.

" He does? ", Turtle asked out loud, slowly blinking.

" You should like totally tell him! I tried to tell him first, but he just doesn't believe me. ", Kinkajou gestured, her scales bring with gold.

" No, no, no, it's... he doesn't like me. He's just being friendly. ", Turtle argued, shaking his head slightly.

" Again, even when he is talking about his plants, he always mentions you in some way, especially with the water plants or whatever. He definitely loves you. And I'm tired of just waiting. You gotta tell him! ", Kinkajou countered.

" Come on, I'll go with you. I know where he is. ", Kinkajou offered, before Turtle could respond.

" N-now!? ", Turtle exclaimed, his snout being very red.

" Yes, now! Come on! ", Kinkajou demanded, beckoning Turtle with her wing.

" Are you sure about this? Like are you sure he likes me? ", Turtle questioned in a hushed voice as he and Kinkajou were right outside (R/n)'s sleeping cave, where (R/n) resided in, curled up in his hammock.

" Of course, I do. He has been yapping nonstop. Now, get out there! ", Kinkajou whispered-yelled back, slightly pushing Turtle into the sleeping cave.

Turtle was very, very nervous, as his dark green gaze fell on the handsome, and adorable (s/c) RainWing, who just spotted him. His talons were shaky, and his breath was shortened. But, with his past crush Kinkajou's confidence, he tried to push himself to do this.

" Hey, Turtle! Whatcha doing here? Did you find any cool ferns or lilies in the lakes? ", (R/n) greeted, as he slowly got out of his hammock, his (e/c) eyes full of excitement.

" I... umm... I need... to tell you something. ", Turtle admitted, not making eye contact.

" Yeah, what is it? ", (R/n) tilted his head, having small patches of blue on his (s/c) scales.

" I think you're really, really cool, and umm... I want to be more than friends...? It's alright, if you don't want to, I mean, I wouldn't blame yo- ", Turtle confessed, being cut off.

" No, no, I feel the same. If you were a plant, you would be the whole ecosystem of the ocean. I wouldn't mind being more than friends. ", (R/n) admitted, all of his (s/c) scales turning a pink tint, causing the necklace with the fern that Turtle gave him to be visible.

" May I have your talon? ", (R/n) asked, respectfully.

Turtle nodded, and slowly brought his talon to meet (R/n)'s. (R/n) grinned widely, now holding Turtle's talon in his own. Then, with hesitation, (R/n) quickly placed a peck on Turtle's cheek, causing the emerald, green SeaWing to be even more red. The sound of Turtle's beating heart was only interrupted by Kinkajou's exclaims of victory.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sup, fellow Wattpad people! Sorry that I haven't posted in like a month. School has decided to kill my motivation. But, good news, I have a break coming up soon! Anyway, enjoy these very fluffy oneshot!

Also, yes, I did make (R/n) have autistic traits (it was the "can get overwhelmed easy"). Also, because yes. I was referencing from my own experience, by the way. Anyway, loves! <3

Also, I was too lazy to proofread, so inform me of any mistakes please, so I can fix them later. 

(Published: Mar. 26th / 2024)