Reading (Starflight X Reader)

Starflight X Gender-neutral! SkyWing! Reader

- - -

Key:

(S/n) - SkyWing Name

(S/c) - Scale color

(E/c) - Eye color

- - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

♤ 3rd Person POV ♤

The rain storm used its watery talons to tap the ground. The tapping of the claws of the talons could be heard from inside the library.

A (S/c) SkyWing flicked their ear as they were reading a scroll. They were laying on yellow pillows that were arranged into a nest like formation. Their (E/c) were fixated on the scroll they were reading.

" (S/n)? ", A voice called to the SkyWing.
The SkyWing twisted their head towards the voice. Their eyes gazed over the blind NightWing that came through the entrance.
" Why are you out here so late? ", The NightWing asked.
" Couldn't sleep ", (S/c) responded calmly.
The blind NightWing fiddled with his claws. He was kind of nervous around the SkyWing.
" Could I join you? ", The NightWing nervously asked.
" Of course, Starflight ", (S/n) granted.

The SkyWing lifted their massive left wing to let Starflight to curl inside. Starlight came over to the SkyWing and slipped into the gap. He rested gently on the side of their belly. (S/n) gently rested their left wing back over Starflight like a big blanket. A smile crept upon Starflight's face.

Some time passed as (S/n) was finishing the scroll they were reading. They didn't notice that Starflight fell asleep while cuddling them. They closed the scroll and set it aside. They gazed over the sleeping Starflight. Their eyes widened but then softened once more. A smile came upon their face. They lowered their head to cuddle back into Starflight.

The other dragonets of destiny including Fatespeaker teased Starflight about the moment for years to come. When they would do that, Starflight would get embarrassed and hide his face. Whenever (S/n)'s friends would tease (S/n) about it, they would just huff at them with smoke drifting upwards from their nostrils. Denying it every time it was mentioned.

The two dragons never stopped loving each other however. During the dark night, whenever (S/n) couldn't sleep, they would go to the library and wait for Starflight to come so they could cuddle.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Sorry this one was a short one. I just had the idea and it was super cute so I just had to write it. I hope you enjoy this short one tho :)

Published: October 18th, 2021