Sticking together (Peril X Reader)

Requested by: Owl_lamps

Peril X Calm! Female! Servant! SkyWing! Reader

- - -

Key:

(S/n) - SkyWing name

(S/c) - Scale color

(E/c) - Eye color

- - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

☆ 3rd Person POV ☆

(S/n) was quite a shy SkyWing servant. She kept to herself quite often, silently gliding on her (s/c) talons, going from task to task in the SkyWing Palace. Many of the guards don't even acknowledge her presence, nor existence.

It was just another day in the Palace, a usual fight could be heard from the arena outside. The halls were mostly quiet, occasionally a guard or servant passing through. (S/n) being one of them.

She was currently in the throne room, carefully trying to keep the shine of a golden glass by wiping it with a gentle cloth. It glittered back at her, revealing her reflection. (S/c) scales gleaming and (e/c) eyes looking back at her.

However, as the mad SkyWing queen, Scarlet was stomping down the corridor, it shook the ground slightly. It was just enough force for the golden glass to tip over. (S/n) jumped as she realized what was happening, her (e/c) widening widely. She outstretched her (s/c) talons in order to catch it, however it was too late. The golden glass hit the floor, smashing and scattering into countless miniscule bright shards. (S/n) became increasingly worried as her (e/c) swiftly gazed over all the shattered pieces.

Scarlet had her horns in a snake of dark, black smoke. She snarled at (S/n), who destroyed her favorite glass. She puffed up her body, towering over the small SkyWing. The smoking queen slithered towards her, pounding her orange talons into the ground. Just before she opened her jaws to incinerate the servent, a recognizable blazing, bright orange shape flew in front of Scarlet, protecting (S/n).

Scarlet was surprised meeting her champion's bright blue eyes piercing her yellow one.
" Peril! What are you doing?! Move! ", Scarlet spat.
" No, she's not an opponent. ", Peril argued, flicking her tail.
" But, you shouldn't care about her. You're a monster, remember? ", Scarlet growled, grinning a malicious smile.
" Yes, but even as a monster, she shouldn't be slaughtered. She doesn't seem dangerous. ", Peril stated, glaring at Scarlet.

Scarlet looked frustrated with her champion, but she recoiled with rage. Then, she slipped outside, her horns still bound with heavy smoke. After her orange tail slipped out of view, Peril relaxed. (S/n) was looking at the firescales SkyWing with absolute astonishment, her (e/c) wide.

Peril turned her head to meet the (s/c) SkyWing, her blue eyes meeting (e/c) ones.
" You saved me. Why? ", (S/n) questioned, very confused.
" Well, I have seen you around the palace and arena. You seem very nice and not very murdery like me. ", Peril explained, honestly.
" Well, thank you. I really appreciate it. I don't think Scarlet likes me very much. ", (S/n) thanked, smiling at her.
" That's alright. I don't mind staying with you. ", Peril answered, in a friendly way.

- Timeskip -

Over time, (S/n) and Peril have grown very close. The (s/c) SkyWing isn't at all terrified of the firescales anymore. Peril was quickly surprised by the kindness she was given by (S/n). It wasn't very long before (S/n) was grained deeply into Peril's fiery mind. Peril never stopped thinking about her, the soft (e/c) gaze constantly swirling in the brain.

Soon, Scarlet was defeated, disappearing from the SkyWing kingdom. In her place, Ruby took over the power of queen. Her first act of queen was to have Peril banished. The firescales was exiled from her home.

Peril looked back to the palace, with a slight saddened look.
' I know Scarlet's out there somewhere. ', She thought, confidently.
She opened her wings, feeling the slight wind graze them. However, before boosting her talons of the ground, she was interrupted by a voice.

" Peril! Wait! ", The familiar voice exclaimed, in a worried tone.
Peril looked back towards the voice. Her bright orange cheeks flushed a bit as she realized it was (S/n). (S/n) quickly bounded over to her side, (s/c) talons gripping the ground as she landed.

" I want to go with you. ", (S/n) stated, strongly.
" (S/n), You have the kingdom you can live in. Why would you want to go with me? ", Peril exclaimed, lost.
" I never wish to leave your side. Yes, the kingdom is my home, but so is you. I will never leave you. ", (S/n) explained, confident in her decision.
" Well, even a monster can't stop you. ", Peril chuckled.
(S/n) smiled at her comment.

Soon, the two SkyWings flew off into tbe sky, searching for Scarlet. Peril looked over to (S/n), observing her features. To Peril, she was the most beautiful dragon in the entire world, her shining (s/c) scales, her kind (e/c) eyes, everything was gorgeous.
' I just love her so much. I will murder the entire continent for her, even the NightWings. I hope she enough room in her heart for a monster like me. ', Peril thought, her heart fluttering in her chest.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Have another Peril X Reader!

I'm not too fond of how this came out, but I used the prompt to the best of my current ability. I hope you enjoy this! :)

Published: Nov. 5th / 2022