Protection Failed (Queen Ruby X Reader)

Requested by: MunchkinThe

Yandere! Queen Ruby X Male! Guard! Shy! SkyWing! Reader

( Some random fanart since moodboard was non-existent )

- - -

Key:

(S/n) - SkyWing name

(S/c) - Scale color

(E/c) - Eye color

- - -

☆ (S/n)'s POV ☆

Something seems off. I'm just being a guard at the palace as usual. But, I've been noticing my friends are going missing one by one. I don't know if they quit or where they are now but, It's a bit suspicious.

Suddenly, I catch a whiff of blood. I wrinkle my snout as a reaction. I sniff again to find out the source. I followed my nose. I eventually spot one of my friends talons covered in blood. My (E/c) eyes widen and my pupils slit. But suddenly, I was interrupted by darkness.

As I awoke, I felt heavy and quite dizzy. I opened my eyes to see a fuzzy red figure sitting in front of me. My eyes adjusted and it was Queen Ruby herself. I blinked in surprise.

" Your majesty? ", I tried to say but I was muffled by the muzzle around my snout.
" Shh, shh, shh, You can't speak with that muzzle on ", Queen Ruby shushed me. There was a few moments of silence between us. Queen Ruby was just smiling at me warmly but, It felt slightly off.

" Now, If you promise to not scream, I will take the muzzle off. Do you understand? ", She offered. I nodded. She smiled again and gently took the muzzle of my snout. She layed it lightly on the ground to not make a loud sound. She stared into my eyes, looking as if she was waiting for something.

" Why do you have me here, your majesty? ", I politely and quietly asked. She giggled a bit.
" Because you're mine, Of course " , She happily told. I gave her a look of pure confusion.
" Yours? ", I asked because I wanted a explanation.
" Well, I've claimed you. So basically, You're also the king now, I suppose ", She explained.

So many questions filled my head. What does she mean by king? Those don't exist. A male dragon can't rule. It's been that way for thousands of years. Also, How and why has she claimed me. I'm just a random guard in the castle. My sole purpose is to protect her, not the other way around. And I'm not that important. She could've found another SkyWing which is more suitable for her. And it's definitely not me.

I was interrupted by her kissing me lightly on the cheek. I flinched, by both the scare and the shock. My (S/c) scales on my face flushed a shade of red. I'm not used to this kind of treatment, especially from the Queen herself. Then, she snuggled into my chin. She sighed contentedly while doing so. She layed in my neck for a few moments. I was still as a rock.

She pulled herself away then stared directly into my (E/c) eyes.
" You'll be a amazing king, my lovely (S/n) ", She stated softly and lovingly. I shook my head.
" Um no, I actually don't think I will, Your majesty. I'm just a guard at the castle, not a dragon of power ", I politely disagreed.
" Well, You're aren't a guard anymore. I've promoted you to be king. Isn't that wonderful? ", She stated. I didn't respond. She thought for quite a while. A few moments of silence flew through the room. Then she smiled again.

" Finally, Prince Cliff could have a dragon to call his father ", She said in a silvery voice. I was so bewildered. My ears lowered and I looked left then right. I lifted my left front talons and pointed to myself.
" Yes, It's you ", She said gleefully.

' Me? A dragon that a prince calls his father? That is a big honor. My queen can't be serious but she looks so sure ', I thought. She looked longingly at me for a moment.
" Well, I have to go and fulfill my queen duties ", She stated as she went toward the door.
" I'll see you tomorrow and if you are good, I'll let Cliff meet you. Bye, my love ", She said while waved her talon.

Now, I was just me and my thoughts.

- Next morning -

I was woken by a talon gently stroking my head.
" Well, Good morning, My love ~ ", A voice cooed.
It was Queen Ruby again. She held a plate in her talon.
(Get pretend there's plates, idk if there is but if they isn't, then just pretend)
The plate had cooked pig on it. She laid it out in front of me.
" Well, Eat up! ", She said happily.
I was hesitant about it for a moment. But, I did give in and eat it. It was very warm and fresh. After I was finished, She took the plate away.
" Good job! ", She praised.
I'm getting a bit embarrassed by her treating me like this. After she put the plate to the side, she turned back to me and started to stroke my (S/c) scales with her talons once more.
" So, Did you sleep well handsome? ", She asked. I was quite flustered with being called 'handsome' but nodded.
" Good ~ ", She laughed then giving me a kiss on my forehead.
" I think it's time for Cliff so see you ", She said and gently took off all the chains that were on me. Once I was free, She pointed at me.
" Please stay here and be good for me while I get him, alright? ", She ordered.
Well, Since she's still my queen I obeyed her and didn't move.

After a couple of minutes, I hear talonsteps come down the hall. It must be them. From the clicks alone, I believe that Cliff was almost skipping. So, he must be quite happy. Soon, The small dragonet came through the door. Then, he looked at me. His eyes widened with joy and threw himself towards me. He jumped right into my front talons. He giggled as he looked him to me.
" Hehe I guess you like your father, huh Cliff? ", Ruby chuckled. Cliff turned towards his mother.
" Yeah! ", He answered gleefully.
He turned toward me once again. He then sprung himself to hug me. I jumped at bit and looked at him. As I saw how happy I made the prince, I let my muscles relax.

Maybe this isn't as bad as I thought.

- - - - - -

I'm not sure about this one. But I hope it is good :)

Published: November 6th, 2021