The cost of protection (Blue X reader)

Requested by: Ilikedragonsbro 

Blue X Smart and loving! Male! HiveWing! Reader

- - -

Key:

(H/n) - HiveWing name

(S/c) - Scale color

(E/c) - Eye color

- - -

- - - - -

Warning: Contains angst, injury, blood, and main character unalive.

- - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - -

☆ 3rd person POV ☆

" Oh no, the crazy eyes are out again...", (H/n) sighed.
" There must be an explanation why we are the only HiveWings there are unaffected by the crazy eyes. ", Cricket stated, shifting her glasses and putting her golden talon to her chin.
" Wait, Cricket. There are SilkWings. ", (H/n) observed.

Cricket peered out and noticed the commotion. There were two SilkWings, one who was dark purple and another who was sapphire blue. The purple SilkWing charged at the controlled HiveWings, while the blue one ran.

" Hey, come this way! ", Cricket whispered-yelled as the blue SilkWing was close.
The SilkWing heard her and began to follow her. The low flamesilk began to highlight both dragonets' scales.

" My, Cricket. You found quite the beauty. ", (H/n) commented, with a smile upon his (s/c) scaled face and a soft (e/c) gaze.
The azure SilkWing blushed at the compliment.
" Why, thank you. ", The SilkWing stated, looking away from the two HiveWings.
" (H/n), this is Blue. Blue, this is (H/n). He's an ally, Blue. He isn't affected by the mind control either. ", Cricket explained.

Suddenly, Blue's limbs felt weak, and he collapsed.
" Must be the toxins from the armband. As you are easier to catch in this state. ", Cricket observed, pointing to the cuff that was held around Blue's wrist.
" We should take that thing off. We can't be having you faint on us, especially if we're keeping you away from the others. ", (H/n) stated, grabbing a flamesilk lamp.
" Yes, we could try to burn through it to remove it. ", Cricket agreed.

With that, Cricket grabbed the tweezers and gently pulled out the flamesilk center. Then, (H/n) dropped down towards Blue and held his talons with his own.
" Don't worry, it won't hurt, I promise. ", (H/n) reassured with a smile, holding up the cuffed talon.
" Yes, I will make sure to be precise as possible. ", Cricket nodded, bringing the silk down towards the cuff.

As the procedure was being done, (H/n) noticed that the SilkWing smelt of fried bananas. The smell was quite pleasant. (H/n) smiled at his own thought.

- Timeskip -

The breeze upon the Savannah flicked through the wings of the four dragonets. Swordtail flew with pride, Blue attached to him as the dark blue SilkWing glided through the terrain. (H/n) watched Blue from a bit below him, just in case an accident was to occur. Cricket flew a bit above the (s/c) HiveWing, on the right.

Blue then noticed the sky slowly turn from a starry purple to a warm yellowish orange. The HiveWings also took note of this, concerned for their safety. Blue then spotted a divot in the Savanna.

" Look, over there! ", Blue pointed out, drifting his talon towards his discovery.

" Ah, yes. Let's check if it's big enough to hide all four of us. I sure hope it does. ", (H/n) commented, flying towards the crevice.