Someone different (Winter X reader)

Requested by: WatsonPhia

Winter X Female! IceWing/SeaWing hybrid! Reader

- - -

Key:

(H/n) - Hybrid name

(S/c) - Scale color

(E/c) - Eye color

- - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

☆ 3rd Person POV ☆

Winter wiped his talons on his droopy tear heavy eyes. He sighed heavily as he thought about what had happened.

Winter had confessed his feelings to Moon. However, She rejected him since she was with Qibli. Winter was heartbroken by that. He wanted Moon to be happy, but he couldn't really imagine her with Qibli. His best friend and his crush, together. Think of that, huh?

Winter was all by himself in his sleeping cave. Qibli took Moon somewhere and wasn't coming back at least until tomorrow. Winter could care less about where they went. He didn't want to deal with them anymore. He told himself that he was too proper for that.

After Winter came to terms with his rapid thoughts, he shot out of bed. He blinked and looked around the room. He shook his head as he told himself that he didn't need to bring anything with him. He poked his head out of his cave and scanned the hallways. No one was roaming around. Winter sneakily crept out of his cave. He made sure he was light on his talons, to avoid drawing attention to himself nor waking anyone up. He soon appeared through the entrance. He gazed at the three moons up above. He sighed as he was reminded of that one NightWing. He growled at his thoughts. Then, he shook his head again and spread out his wings. He ran off the edge and his wings caught the wind, lifting him off.

- - -

(H/n) was in history, spacing out as usual. Her (e/c) eyes started to wonder across the room. Then, they landed on where Winter's seat was. However, the cold prince wasn't there. (H/n) frowned. She quite liked the IceWing. Even if they didn't talk much, She cared about him.
' Maybe, he's just late or skipped this class. ', She told herself.

However, throughout the day, Winter was nowhere to be found. (H/n) started to worry a bit. She had asked Kinkajou and Turtle if either had seen him. Neither of them have. This made (H/n) a bit anxious. Even Kinkajou should've seen him, She's always checking up on him and stuff. But if she hadn't seen him, then what happened to him.

(H/n)'s head thought of all the possibilities of where Winter could've gone.

' The Ice Kingdom? No. His sleeping cave? No, already checked there. One of the underground lakes? Nah, That's basically Turtle's domain. He would've seen him. Hmmmm.... Wait. Perhaps Possiblity? I mean, I've heard from a RainWing that he doesn't like the Rainforest so he wouldn't go there. And the Kingdom of Sand in WAY too hot and uncomfortable, so check that of the list. So, Possibility is one of the places which would actually work. Lots of dragons wouldn't recognize him and he could blend right in. It's not too hot, so it's the best choice. '

(H/n) nodded to herself as she made the decision to look there for the prince. She told her friend that she was leaving and flew off.

- Timeskip -

(H/n) hovered over Possibility, thinking about where Winter might have gone to. She blinked her (e/c) eyes as she swooped down and started searching.

She had looked in many places. She slowly started to lose hope.
' Maybe he isn't here. Many he ran off forever... ', Her mind told her.
She frowned and was about to return back to Jade Mountain, but then she spotted a familiar looking dragon.

She slithered up towards the dragon. She lightly tapped them on the shoulder with her claws. The dragon turned and faced her. His blue eyes widened as he saw who it was.
" (H/n)? What are you doing here? ", He asked.
She didn't respond. She smiled at him and hugged him tightly. His face burst with a light blue shade. After she pulled away, she stared deeply into his eyes.
" Winter, you don't know who long and hard I have searched for you. ", She stated quickly.
" Y- You searched for me? ", Winter asked, surprised.
" Why yes, Why wouldn't I? ", (H/n) questioned.
Winter fell silent for a moment. His eyes drifted to the ground. His mind churned with many thoughts. It almost seemed to put him into a trance. (H/n) gave him a confused look.
" Are you alright? ", She asked, tapping him with her wing.
Winter shook his head and blinked, snapping out of the world inside his head.
" Yeah, Yeah I'm alright. ", He reassured her.
" Let's get outta here. I'll show you where I live now. ", Winter said, quickly.
" Alright then. ", (H/n) replied, following him.

- Timeskip -

Winter watched (H/n) as she left. He felt a sadness ping his heart. He shook it off and went back inside his small apartment. However, the feeling didn't go away. Winter blinked as his mind started to speak.
' What is this feeling? ', His brain asked.
' I've felt it before, but only for Moon. ', His mind went on.
He climbed onto his bed and curled himself up. His layed his head in his talons and looked up to the stars through his small window. He allowed his mind to wander and he listened to it.
' But, What if Moon could still be mine? She could break up with Qibli and be with me. But, what if it stays this way? Could I move on from her? I think she would be happy for me at least. But, (H/n). She is really kind and overall sweet. She went looking for me. Moon wouldn't really do that for me. I mean, Moon did once but that was because of that dumb prophecy. She didn't even care that I gave up my tribe, past life and future in the Ice Kingdom for her. She acted like it never even happened and she decided to side with that terrible Darkstalker. I still haven't forgiven her for that. Yet, I still care for her. But, I should move on. She doesn't need me anyway. She doesn't deserve me. But (H/n) does. She's way better than Moon to be completely honest. I've known her longer anyways. She's so pretty too. She looks mostly like a IceWing, yet she has SeaWing fins and markings. The fact that makes her so different makes her so much more beautiful. The way her (s/c) scales glitter and the way her (e/c) eyes sparkle at me. It's so cute. Yeah, I should move on. I think I've found the one. I just hope she likes me back. '

- Another Timeskip -

(H/n) smiled at the small doll in her talon. It was of a scavenger. She made it specially for Winter. She knew he loved scavengers, so she decided to make a doll of one for a gift to him. She curved her wings and fell slowly towards the ground. She was right outside of Winter's apartment. She brought up her opposite talon and knocked on the door. To her surprise, Winter immediately opened the door. He lit up and smiled at her.
" (H/n)! Come in! ", He beamed.
(H/n) giggled at his new and childish attitude. Then, follow him inside.

" So, What made you visit me? ", Winter questioned.
" I actually made a gift for you. ", She confessed, bringing up her talon to him.
Winter gently took the doll from her. He looked over it. He notice a small tag on it. He read it.
' I hope you like them!
From: (H/n). To: Winter. ', The note read.
Small tears built up in Winter's eyes and he let them drip down. (H/n) reacted quickly.
" Are you alright? ", She asked, anxiously.
" Yeah, It's just no one has ever done something like this for me before. ", He admitted.
Then, He quickly pulled her in for a hug. (H/n) flinched to the sudden hug and melt right in to Winter's touch.

As Winter pulled away, he opened his mouth to speak.
" Could I tell you something? ", Winter asked.
" Sure, What is it? ", (H/n) responded.
" I.. I like you... a lot... And I mean more than friends sort of way. I adore you. I love the way your scales and eyes just sparkle, it's adorable. But anyways, as I wanted to say, would you like to be mine? ", Winter confessed.
(H/n)'s (e/c) eyes widened and she smiled at him. She tugged him for another hug. And this time, Winter was the once to flinch.
" I'm so glad you told me. And to be completely honest, I've liked you for the longest time. I've just been too shy to tell you. So, of course I'll be yours. ", (H/n) admitted.
Winter hugged her back instantly.

Then after they pulled away again, Winter gazed deeply into (H/n)'s eyes.
" Could I kiss you? ", Winter asked, softly.
(H/n) nodded, giving him permission. Winter quickly gave her a small kiss on her forehead. Then, he rested his head on her's.
" I love you ~ ", Winter cooed.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

* Throws this huge wholesome request at you *

Published: Mar. 19th / 2022